Celtic Knot Conference 2017/Accommodation
Hotels[edit | edit source]
The following is provided as a rough guide to some of the accommodation facilities available around the conference.
NB: The below table reflects April 2017 prices - prices and availability may change quickly for accommodation in Edinburgh in July so do book as soon as possible. Please also check accommodation thoroughly before booking as the following are merely intended as some suggestions for further investigation and we cannot be held responsible for issues which may arise.
|Hotel Name||Wednesday 5 July||Thursday 6 July||Friday 7 July||Breakfast||Estimated walking distance (from venue)||Additional notes|
|University of Edinburgh - Pollock Halls of Residence.||£32.00||£32.00||£32.00||Breakfast included.||18 mins||Free cancellation offered. Includes: Free WiFi, Non-smoking rooms, Restaurant.|
|Salisbury Green – Advanced Booking||£79.00||£79.00||£66.00||Full English Breakfast Included||20 mins||Non-refundable. Includes: Free Parking, Free Wireless Internet, Breakfast Buffet|
|Salisbury Green - Standard Booking||£124.00||£124.00||£124.00||Full English Breakfast Included||20 mins||Free cancellation up to 3 days before. Includes: Free Parking, Free Wireless Internet, Breakfast Buffet.|
|Masson House - Edinburgh First||£94.00||£94.00||£94.00||Full English Breakfast Included||19 mins||Includes: Free Parking, Free Wireless Internet, Breakfast.|
|The Salisbury Hotel||£95.00||£95.00||£95.00||Charge for cooked breakfast||16 mins||Includes: Free Parking, Broadband Internet Access.|
|Travelodge Edinburgh Central||£64.00||£92.00||£92.00||Breakfast can be included. Check for rates.||13 mins||Includes: Free Parking, Broadband Internet Access.|
|Edinburgh Ibis, South Bridge||£95||£95||£95||£7.95 per day for unlimited buffet||9 minutes||Reduced mobility rooms available. Includes: Wi-fi, reduced rate parking.|
|Edinburgh Ibis, Royal Mile||£95||£95||£95||£7.95 per day for unlimited buffet||12 minutes||Reduced mobility rooms available. Includes: Wi-fi.|
|Premier Inn (Lauriston Place)||£75.00||£75.00||£75.00||£8.75 per day for unlimited buffet||25 mins||Free cancellation up until 1.00pm the day of check in. Includes: Free parking, Wi-fi.|
|Novotel - Edinburgh Centre||£209 (max 4 people)||£209 (max 4 people)||£209 (max 4 people)||Charged for cooked breakfast.||12 mins||Non-refundable.|
Notes on all prices:
- All rates are inclusive of VAT (which is claimable for non-EU international visitors).
- Each rate is per person per night. Other rates are available for twin, double and other arrangements. Please contact the respective hotel directly for more information.
- All figures are the ones sourced in April 2017 but prices and availability may change without notice; the University of Edinburgh has no control on this, of course. It's best to check directly with individual accommodation providers.
Also available[edit | edit source]
- Air BnB from £21.00 per night
- Hostels from £11.00 per night
- Please also note that a number of B&B's are also available (especially around Nicholson Street) and can be booked via sites such as Booking.com or LateRooms.com or deals on hotels can be sourced from Hotwire.com
- Several guest houses are available within easy walking distance of the venue. See for example the Celtic Knot Conference 2017 Google Map which marks some of the closest options. Rates will vary.