Wikimedia UK held an Extraordinary General Meeting on Saturday 13 April 2013 between 15:30 and 16:30. The EGM took place at the Conference Centre of the British Library in London, during GLAM-WIKI 2013. This EGM was held to make a decision on whether to change the voting method used to appoint Trustees, and whether the Board should be expanded to include co-opted trustees. The resolutions that were presented for decision at this EGM arise from the Governance Review and a community request to change the voting system at AGMs.
General membership information:
"You need to be a member to vote at the EGM. If you want to vote and you are not yet a member, then please join before the meeting either online or by post. It may be possible to join at the meeting - please come along early to so we can do our best to process your application before the EGM starts, and note that you will need to pay the membership fee in cash if joining at the meeting. Membership is subject to board approval, so joining on the day is subject to a quorum of the board being present on the day (which is not guaranteed)."
- See also: EGM 2013/Notice
The EGM took place between 15:30 and 16:30. The outline agenda is below.
|15:00||-||Board meeting to approve new members|
|15:30||Tellers||Distribution of ballot papers to members|
|15:30||Doug Taylor||Welcome, and introduction to the EGM|
|15:35||Doug Taylor||Explanation of the Resolutions|
|16:25||Tellers||Announcement of the results of the votes|
The resolutions put forward to the AGM are at EGM 2013/Resolutions. They are:
- Resolution to set the number of Directors
- Resolution to alter the composition of the Board to introduce co-opted Directors
- Resolution to revise the Election Rules, replacing Approval Voting with STV
We have reached quorum for the EGM (minimum was 10% of the membership, or approximately 30 people). People intending to submit a proxy vote were asked to contact tellerswikimedia.org.uk).
Below is the list of people who marked their intention to attend the EGM:
- Mike Peel
- RexxS (talk)
- Fæ (talk) (assuming no direct conflict with the GLAMwiki schedule)
- Lodewijk (talk) 06:28, 16 February 2013 (UTC) most likely
- Johnbod (talk) 17:11, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- Probably. I will also be at the London meetup the following day and of course AGM attenders are welcome to stay over and join us. WereSpielChequers (talk) 18:20, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- I'll be at GLAM-WIKI, so I'll be around. -- KTC (talk) 23:17, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- Jon Davies (WMUK) (talk) 13:15, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
- Andrew Gray (talk) (around, at least - I can hardly escape!)
- LondonStatto (talk) 10:58, 18 March 2013 (UTC)
- Richard Symonds (WMUK) (talk) 17:28, 20 March 2013 (UTC)
- Steve Woods hoping to attend if no conflicting events Bs5er (talk) 17:38, 20 March 2013 (UTC)
- Llywelyn2000 (Welsh) I'll be there! Llywelyn2000 (talk) (English) 17:43, 20 March 2013 (UTC)
- AroundTheGlobe (talk) 06:50, 21 March 2013 (UTC) Hopefully!
- Philafrenzy (talk) 21:05, 22 March 2013 (UTC)
- the wub "?!" 21:49, 22 March 2013 (UTC)
- Michael WellsI will send a proxy if I can't make it. Thanks
- Saad Choudri
- Gordo (talk)
- V Gregori
- John Cummings
(Emits hCalendar microformat)
- Wikimedia UK EGM 2013
- British Library, 96 Euston Rd, London NW1 2DB