Govcom Agenda 2015-02-17
Govcom meeting at WMUK offices - date tbc.
Present[edit | edit source]
Apologies[edit | edit source]
Minutes of last Govcom meeting[edit | edit source]
Matters arising[edit | edit source]
Governance audit[edit | edit source]
For discussion; any further actions?
Preparing for 2015 AGM[edit | edit source]
- Place, date? London, Sat 13th June
- Trustee elections; tellers
- Board resolutions to amend the articles: (1) enabling non-trustees to become full members of Govcom, ARC and any other board committees that may be constituted; (2) relaxing the requirement that the board may delegate powers only to a committee of two or more trustees; (3) clarifying the power of trustees to make resolutions via an on-Wiki vote; (4) reducing the main board quorum to a more usual level; (5) clarifying that the board may delegate the task of approving membership applications (eg to the CEO).
Handling of applications for membership[edit | edit source]
Approval needs to revert to the board or a board committee for now, as the interim CEO does not have the background knowledge to assess applications.
Report and accounts[edit | edit source]
- Trustees' report for 2014-15
- Financial statement
- Annual Review
Membership application and renewal procedures, and rules[edit | edit source]
Discuss lightweight procedures.
Relationship with volunteers[edit | edit source]
Progress of community discussions; plans for an advisory board.
KPIs, strategic goals[edit | edit source]
Governance aspects of KPIs and goals: what is the process for deciding which proposed projects should be supported by WMUK, given the potential charitable impact when considered against resources available and required?
Updating the Scheme of Delegation to the Chief Executive[edit | edit source]
Defer until new CEO is in place?
Transparency[edit | edit source]
A quarterly narrative is required from us for transparency compliance against the transparency KPI "Transparency compliance as determined by Govcom against published transparency commitments". This relates to Strategic goal G2b.2: "We have a high level of openness and transparency, and are recognised for such within the Wikimedia movement and the UK charity sector". See Strategy monitoring plan.
Govcom membership[edit | edit source]
AOB[edit | edit source]
Date of next meeting[edit | edit source]
- 14 May 2015 at 2pm is scheduled, but that is the day before the Wikimedia conference in Berlin.