IT Development/Progress meetings/26 March 2013

From Wikimedia UK
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Agenda[edit | edit source]

  1. Attendance and Apologies
  2. Update on Actions from previous meeting (Done, in process, not done. Substantive discussion may take place elsewhere on agenda)
  3. Operational
    1. Issue tracker
    2. QRpedia
    3. Rackspace Backups
    4. Security audit
    5. CiviCRM
    6. SAGE server
    7. Installation of OTRS/Zendesk
    8. Hosting UK Wiki on our server
  4. AOB.
    1. VLE
  5. Date of next meetings.

Actions[edit | edit source]

Item No Assigned to Action Update
1. 210113 - Item 2 - Progress Update KB Remind Staff and Trustees need to report slow page loading for EE/TD to address bugs. Yes check.svg Done
2. 210113 - Item 2 - Progress Update KB Ensure in future a cost/benefit review of server arrangements undertaken and presented to Tech Committee for consideration following discussion of options. Yes check.svg Done
3. 210113 - Item 3.1 - Issue Tracking KB/TM Work with TM to set up a parallel bugzilla install with a project management extension, and test by end of Feb. Symbol wait.svg Doing... Bugzilla installed ready for PM features testing
4. 210113 - Item 3.3 - Backups KB Research costs of fireproof safe to inform a decision about on and off site back ups Symbol wait.svg Doing...
5. 210113 Item 3.3 - Backups KB/Tech Comm Tech committee to consider having more than back up locations as part of consideration of security strategy. Yes check.svg Done
6. 210113 Item 3.3 - Backups KB/TM Obtain details of of current set-up and ask about how this might block server access - can they ftp onto our network? Follow up on advisement with TM. Yes check.svg Done
7. 210113 Item 3.4.1 - Security Audit KB KB to work on some straightforward guidance for trustees as a simple overview/checklist MP to review - perhaps in collaboration with the community or Tech Committee (can certainly draft on-wiki) Symbol wait.svg Doing... Volunteer and Trustee Security checklist
8. 210113 Item 3.4.1 - Security Audit KB/TM Review registration of data protection details in light of changed staffing and systems. KB to factor this in to ongoing security review work with TM. Symbol wait.svg Doing... KB to progress by end of April 2013. Data protection registration renewed by yet to be updated.
9. 210113 Item 3.4.2 - CiviCRM KB Log feature requests and bug requests in RT to mirror a global development page on wiki (rework the existing 'shopping list' page) X mark.svg Not done Need to progress with migration? Discuss on main agenda
10. 210113 Item 3.5 - Hosting UK Wiki on our server KB/Tech Comm Move the larger question onto agenda of tech committee and look into getting more information about the implications. Yes check.svg Done
11. 280213 Item 2.4 - Updates on Actions KB Update name of the organisation, and individual contact name, on UKreg Yes check.svg Done
12. 280213 Item 2.4 - Updates on Actions MP Shut down elements on the server and take a final backup X mark.svg Not done KB needs to send external drive for back up (see action 15)
13. 280213 Item 2.4 - Updates on Actions MP MP to log an rt ticket re problem with GLAMwiki.org. Yes check.svg Done All resolved, and Rockdrum given FTPS access.
14. 280213 Item 2.6 - Updates on Actions KB/TM Log 'backup manager process for Rackspace' as a job on rt. TM and propose solutions for March meeting. Symbol wait.svg Doing... See #16
15. 280213 Item 2.6 - Updates on Actions KB/MP KB to liaise with MP on the purchase of a physical external hard drive (either MP to purchase in Manchester and claim for, or KB to purchase and arrange for it to be posted to MP) to transfer the holding of backups to the office. Symbol wait.svg Doing... - Have requested purchase from Richard Symonds - will send out asap
16. 280213 Item 2.8 - Updates on Actions KB/TM/EE Add 'Backup routine' to agenda for April meeting of Technical Committee and work on recommendations with TM/EE Symbol wait.svg Doing... TM working on Backup proposals, hopefully drafted for the meeting
17. 280213 Item 2.13 - Updates on Actions KB/EE Catch up in Mid march to discuss implementation times of Civi CRM X mark.svg Not done
18. 280213 Item 2.13 - Updates on Actions KB Put EE in touch with Civi developer community. Symbol wait.svg Doing... KB attending Civi CRM March meetup and will make contacts for EE to get in touch with