Parkinson's UK Wikipedia training
A one-day, free, hands-on training event for Parkinson's UK staff in improving Wikipedia, arranged in cooperation with Wikimedia UK. Attendees were asked to bring their own laptops and to register a user account on Wikipedia in advance.
Parkinson's UK expectations were to learn how Wikipedia actually works, what is the etiquette of contributing. They wanted to lean how they can improve Parkinson's related topics, but it was important to manage their expectations and explain the strict requirements surrounding contributing to medical topics.
Here is a provisional list provided from Parkinson's UK. Final list of participants on the talk page.
- Clare Allen - marketing
- Emily Frost - marketing
- Claire Bale - research
- Katie Le Blond - research
- Manuela Volta - research
- David Morgan - digital
- Ezinda Franklin-Houtzager - digital
- Jill Davis - media
- Lucy Greenwood - policy and campaigns
- Sarah Williams - policy and campaigns (TBC)
Suggested topics and scheme
- 10am start and set up; Introduction of participants
- 12:30pm -1:30pm lunch
- 4pm finish
Information for trainers
For any queries please contact Daria Cybulska (daria.cybulskawikimedia.org.uk), 0207 065 0994
- Expenses reimbursed for the trainers. Lunch provided by Parkinson's UK.
- The venue - an external room booked by the charity (and not a meeting room in their office) .
- Room with computers with capacity of 12 trainees, in classroom style, space in the front for the lead trainer, with a projector and computer set up.
- Flip chart and a projector.
- The computers in the room with a wired Internet connection.
- There were issues (also) with the Parkinson's UK page on Wikipedia in the past - something to bear in mind.
Write up on the talk page.