Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums 3 June Wikipedia training
- Date: 3 June, time 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Venue: Archives Search room, Discovery Museum, Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Registration: was captured here.
- Any questions: Daria Cybulska on daria.cybulskawikimedia.org.uk, 0207 065 0990 or User:TWAMWIR who can be reached on 01661 834511 or Robert Forsythe robert.forsythetwmuseums.org.uk
As part of the Learning at Work programme, the Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums Wikimedian in Residence hosted a Use Wikimedia/Editathon session in the Archives Search Room at Discovery Museum Newcastle.
There was guidance about creating accounts, the different Wikis including Wikipedia, basic editing and free goodies to take away. Suitable for anyone outside the Archives & Museums Service but interested in it and Wikimedia. See if you can arrive with a thought about something that needs changing if you are already a Wikipedia user.
There were morning and afternoon sessions at 10am and 2pm. Introductions to Wikimedia were given at these times so either of these would be a good "start" time. Attendees could stay for as long or as little as they wish.
- Up to 12 computers with internet access were available
- Anna Dodgson 10am
- Steve Chettle 10am
- Hannah Claytor 10am
- Julie Riseborough 2pm
- Jenny Lemke 2pm
- Leo Westhead 2pm
- John Allison 2pm
Seven people attended over the two sessions (almost but not quite all the names above). Thanks very much for travelling, in one case from Scarborough which is 100 miles. Five new private accounts were created. TWAMWIR
- Henrike Lähnemann @HLaehnemann - @TWArchives @RobertNForsythe looking forward to new wiki insights from @SchwittersNCL and the other partcipants!
- Hannah Claytor Hannah Claytor @htclaytor Wiki training with @TWArchives this morning. Interesting learning how the community operates. Looking forward to getting some content up!