Wikimedia UK is currently looking for volunteers to act as webmasters for our chapters online presence
Wikimedia UK is one of the newer chapters, but also a steadily growing one in both members and activities. We feel it's success is also linked to the successful growing and maintaining of the chapter community as a whole. Given the online nature of our communities, the maintaining of the chapter website is key in our development as a chapter. Currently the chapter websites, mailing lists, irc channels, blogs and external profiles are maintained by the board of directors, but we feel having an injection of fresh blood into the mix may be just the thing needed to keep our chapters success on track.
The webmaster will implement web pages, maintain content and oversee the day-to-day management of the chapter website, and assures the quality and filing of web pages.
- The ability to work well together and get along with others.
- Experience in online communication tools such as IRC, Blogs and social media outlets.
- Knowledge of Mediawiki is essential.
- To be able to commit a small but regular amount of time to manage this site.
- To be committed to the success of Wikimedia UK, and want to be a share in that.