WikiConference UK 2013
WikiConference UK 2013 is an annual event incorporating both presentations and talks about Wikipedia/Wikimedia, as well as Wikimedia UK's Annual General Meeting. It was organised by the Conference Committee in collaboration with the office and other volunteers. The purpose of the conference was to:
- Provide an annual weekend forum for Wikimedians and other interested parties in the UK
- Provide a venue for community building and celebrating the free knowledge movement
- Raise awareness of and participation in the goals of the Wikimedia movement.
Friday, 7 June
- Dinner/drinks for early arrivals
Saturday, 8 June
|Time||Plenary room||Breakout room|
|09:00||Arrivals – tea & coffee|
|09:30||Venue Duty Manager (Sam Hill - tbc)||Fire safety outline, venue orientation||—||—|
|10:00||Ed Saperia & James Knight||Wikimania 2014 (London)||—||—|
|10:30||Martin Poulter||Three Prongs of Outreach Slides on Commons||—||—|
|11:00||Stevie Benton||Wikimedia UK's Virtual Learning Environment||Tom Morton||All is Not As it Seems|
|11:15||Toni Sant||Education Projects||Andy Mabbett||Have You Heard?|
|11:30||Darren Stephens||Malta Music Memory Project||Katherine Bavage||Attracting New Members|
|11:45||Chair||UK Wikimedian of the Year 2013||—||—|
|12:00||CEO||Five-year planning discussion||—||—|
|12:30||Lunch (and pre-AGM Board Meeting)|
|13:30||Chair||Introduction to the AGM||—||—|
|13:35||Secretary||Approval of minutes: 2012 AGM, 2013 EGM||—||—|
|13:40||Tellers||Explanation of election procedure||—||—|
|13:45||Tellers||Election hustings & questions||—||—|
|16:00||Tellers||Announcement of election results||—||—|
|16:05||Simon Knight||MediaWiki for OER and Learning Analytics||Robin Owain||Wicipedia Cymraeg|
|16:20||Martin Eve||Opening Up Humanities Sources||Dan Garry||Ombudsman Commission|
|16:35||Andy Mabbett||Wikimedians in Residence||—||—|
|16:50||Michael Maggs||Wiki Loves Monuments||—||—|
|17:10||Chair & CEO||Wrap-up||—||—|
|17:30||Close of meeting||—||—|
|18:00||—||—||post-AGM Board meeting|
- Social at Green Dragon pub down the road for a quiz, buffet at 6:30pm, and drinks.
Sunday, 9 June
- A room was available for members and volunteers to drop in at Lincoln College between 9am and 5pm, for a place to relax, use the internet to upload photos etc.
- 10:30am: Guided tour/history walk taking in some of the historic buildings in the city centre. Leaving from Lincoln College.
- 1pm: Guided tour of Lincoln Castle (maximum 20 people). Leaving from Lincoln College at 12:30pm to meet outside Lincoln Castle.
Speakers were the members of the Wikimedia community, who gave short talks about issues or projects that matter to them.