ZSL London Zoo Library editathon 12 August 2014
The Zoological Society of London has one of the world's finest zoological libraries.
About the event
The afternoon will comprise an introduction to the library with refreshments and a library tour. Afterwards there will be a chance to use the reference works to improve content on Wikipedia and/or other Wikimedia Wikis.
The event is intended for people who are already comfortable with editing wikis, and there is an absolute maximum of 20 attendees.
- How do I prepare?
- Bring a laptop or book one from Wikimedia UK (wi-fi will be provided)
- Think about what you would like to edit about - you can even prepare some materials to bring with you on the day
- Refreshments will be provided
2pm to 6pm, with tea and biscuits provided.
- 2:00 Introduction to Library
- 2:15 Training on how to edit
- 2:45 Editing!
- 5:50 Wrap-up and summary of progress made
Sign up here
Wikimedia UK has a hearing loop which can be brought if booked at least one working day in advance.
Here is a list of possible new articles and ones with room for improvement, copied from the 18 January 2014 ZSL editathon. So, only women, but you're most welcome to start or expand zoo-related articles on men, or indeed any living creature: Topics for articles