Applications now open for 2013 WikiSym conference
- Stevie Benton
- January 31, 2013
This post was written by Richard Nevell
Scholarship applications for the 2013 WikiSym are now being accepted. The deadline for applications is 17th March 2013.
WikiSym is a conference dedicated to wiki and open collaboration research and practice. The 9th WikiSym is being held on 5–7 August 2013 in Hong Kong.
A scholarship from Wikimedia UK will allow an individual to attend the conference and Wikimania which will also be held in Hong Kong (7–11 August).
Applicants must be:
- based in the UK
- engaged in research about Wikimedia or other free content projects
- able to travel to Hong Kong (including having a valid passport, and any appropriate visas)
- able to attend all days of the conference
- willing to feature in blog posts about the conference and the scholarships
- willing to write a publicly available report on the conference
Applicants are also encouraged to submit a paper (deadline also 17th March).
To learn more about the scholarships please visit this page.
If you have any questions email email@example.com