Royal Academy of Engineering workshop
About the event[edit | edit source]
As part of National Women in Engineering Day on Monday 23rd June. The Royal Academy of Engineering is running a Wikipedia event to improve the representation of the achievements of women engineers on the encyclopaedia. The session will involve up to 20 attendees being trained in how to edit Wikipedia, and editing/ adding entries which improve the representation of women engineers’ achievements.
More information here.
- How do I prepare?
- Sign up for the event
- Create a Wikipedia account - en:Special:UserLogin/signup
- Bring a laptop or book one from Wikimedia UK (wi-fi will be provided)
- Learn about editing if you like: w:en:Wikipedia:Tutorial, or Getting started on Wikipedia for more information
- Think about what you would like to edit about - you can even prepare some materials to bring with you on the day
- Refreshments will be provided
Programme[edit | edit source]
The event will start at 10am and finish at 12 noon.
Trainers[edit | edit source]
Below is the list of trainers that will be present on the day.
- Richard Nevell
Media[edit | edit source]
- Blog post "Women and Wikipedia: science and engineering’s forgotten labour"