Want Wikipedia or Wikimedia training?
If you are interested in a training session for your community or workplace, please contact the office.
We are especially keen to work:
- with scholarly societies and charities
- with universities, schools and education-sector bodies
- across the whole of the UK
- with learners of every age
- with community groups including local history groups, conservation groups or "silver surfers"
We have customised training events for:
- Cultural institutions such as museums or libraries
- Lecturers, teachers and other educators
- Researchers and public engagement staff
- Software developers
Want to train others?
Our materials for trainers include session plans, materials, advice on training methods and details of past events.
If you see an event in the calendar that you'd like to help with, get in touch with Wikimedia UK's contact person for the event.
Want to improve Wikipedia or Wikimedia?
Anyone is welcome to contribute to Wikipedia or its sister projects straight away, and there are resources to help you start. We provide Markup guides/cheat sheets, Wikipedia Guides, guidance for Commons, and more.