Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Board of Trustees — Committees — Employees — Job openings — Recruitment procedures — Staff Handbook — Operational policies
Wikimedia UK is a volunteer-led organisation, which is guided by our trustees and supported by our staff.
Who are we?
- We have a board of 10 trustees, who are appointed for three-year terms. Our board is responsible for the overall governance of the organisation.
- We have 15 full and part-time staff responsible for the day-to-day running of the charity. All staff work in our London office with the exception of our Welsh and Scottish Programme Coordinators. We also have two IT contractors who work remotely. In addition, there are Wikimedians in residence at various cultural organisations around the UK, including Scotland and Wales.
- We have around 500 members, who appoint our Trustees and vote on resolutions and changes to our Articles.
- We have various committees, made up of a combination of volunteers, trustees and staff. These committees report to the Board, and have delegated responsibility for their topic areas.
- Many volunteers also contribute to our work in less structured ways. To find some of these, see Category:Wikimedia UK volunteers.
- There are also around 15,000 volunteers that contribute to the Wikimedia projects in the UK.
- Many of the volunteers and staff of Wikimedia UK are experienced speakers and presenters. If you would like someone to present at an event, conference or gathering of any kind please do email presswikimedia.org.uk
If you are interested in volunteering with Wikimedia UK, please visit the Volunteer page.