|Meetings and Events|
|Board meetings (archives) — General Meetings — Events (archives)|
The events in the list below may be of interest to Wikimedia UK volunteers and members. The list includes events run by or related to the charity, as well as unconnected Wikimedia or open knowledge events that may be of interest, especially within the UK. You can expect to find Wikimedia UK volunteers at most of these.
If you know of an upcoming event that is not listed, please add it below.
You can subscribe to this page using iCalendar through either of:
- http://tools.wmflabs.org/wmukevents/ (webcal://tools.wmflabs.org/wmukevents/)
- http://h2vx.com/ics/wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/Events (webcal://h2vx.com/ics/wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/Events)
Other Wikimedia events lists include:
- 05 - Intro to Wikimedia talk at the LocScot Committee meeting in Dunfermline by SLIC Wikimedian in Residence
- 08 - Digital Science Hub: Women and Diversity in Science – 5 – 9pm, London
- 08 - Ada Lovelace Edit-a-thon at Cardiff University 4pm - 7pm, Cardiff.
- 09 - Stemettes Hub: Diversity in STEM (girls aged 15+) – Tuesday 9th October, 5-8pm, London
- 09 - Zebra Partnership Hub: Women and Diversity in the Arts, Business & Social Entrepreneurship – 1 – 9pm, Manchester
- 09 - Code Hub: Diversity in Technology – 7 – 10pm, Milton Keynes
- 09 - Ada Lovelace Day at the University of Edinburgh's College of Science of Engineering - Celebrating Women in STEM (at the JCMB building).
- 13 - Amnesty Scotland Activists Conference, Dundee. Workshop with Sara Thomas - BRAVE: Wiki-editing for Human Rights Defenders
- 14 - London meetup
- 20 - Cambridge Wikidata Workshop
- 21 - Oxford meetup
- 23 - Digital Humanities Edit-a-thon at Digital Humanities Labs, Exeter University, 12pm - 2.30pmm Exeter
- 25 - Learning on the Open Web Conference, Coventry University
- 27 - Under the hood: How understanding Wikipedia’s internal structure and community can teach media literacy at Mozfest, London
- 28 - LGBT+ Middle East and North Africa (and more!) editathon at Mozfest, London
- 31 - Wikidata Witchcraft data hack for Halloween and Wikidata's 6th birthday. University of Edinburgh, Teaching Studio LG.07, David Hume Tower
- 01 - #exabits: Diversity-in-STEM Afternoon #Wikithon, London
- 04 - Middle Eastern Human Rights Editathon at Newspeak House, London
- 07 - Wikidata meetup at Wikimedia UK office, London
- 11 - London Meetup
- 13 - Edinburgh Gothic for Robert Louis Stevenson Day 2018
- 14 - Facts and Fallacies: Cultural Representations of Mental Health. An event for Wellbeing Week, Edinburgh
- 17 - Ladies of Quality and Distinction editathon at Birkbeck, London
- 18 - Oxford meetup
- 21 - Wikimedia UK skillshare - writing a Featured Article at Wikimedia UK office, London
- 24 - Contemporary British Women Artists Editathon @ Fruitmarket Gallery, Edinburgh (Trainer: Sara Thomas)
- 29 - Women in STEM wikithon at the Wellcome Library, London
- 30 - Vote 100 Wikipedia event - Celebrating the Scottish suffragettes on St. Andrew's Day, Digital Scholarship Centre, University of Edinburgh Archives and Centre for Research Collections, 30 George Square, Edinburgh.
- 06 - WikiProject Women in Red meetup, Edinburgh.
- 09 - London meetup
- 13 - Women in Science editathon at the University of Liverpool Cancer Research Centre, Daulby Street. 09.30 - 14.30
- 15 - Cambridge meetup 39
- 20 - Oxford meetup