|Meetings and Events|
|Board meetings (archives) — General Meetings — Events (archives)|
The events in the list below may be of interest to Wikimedia UK volunteers and members. The list includes events run by or related to the charity, as well as unconnected Wikimedia or open knowledge events that may be of interest, especially within the UK. You can expect to find Wikimedia UK volunteers at most of these.
If you know of an upcoming event that is not listed, please add it below.
You can subscribe to this page using iCalendar through either of:
- http://tools.wmflabs.org/wmukevents/ (webcal://tools.wmflabs.org/wmukevents/)
- http://h2vx.com/ics/wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/Events (webcal://h2vx.com/ics/wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/Events)
Other Wikimedia events lists include:
- 10 - Victorian Blogging Wikipedia Editathon at Conway Hall, London
- 12 - True Crime in American popular culture - Seminar and Wikipedia editathon at the University of Edinburgh
- 14 - TrowelBlazers Women in Archaeology at UCL Institute of Archaeology, London
- 20 - Introduction to Wikidata Workshop at the University of Edinburgh's Main Library to introduce Histropedia (the timeline of everything) and other use cases of Wikidata and followed by a how-to guide to introduce Wikidata, how to edit Wikipedia's sister project manually, in bulk, and visualising the results using the SPARQL Query Service.
- 27 - Women in Red Wikipedia editathon Workshop at the University of Edinburgh's Main Library to create more biographies of notable women to address the systemic bias on Wikipedia where only 18.04% of biographies are currently about women.
- 12 - UK General Election night editathon at Newspeak House in London.
- 14 - Cambridge meetup 42
- 17 - Women in Red Wikipedia editathon Workshop at the University of Edinburgh's Main Library to create more biographies of notable women to address the systemic bias on Wikipedia where only 18.04% of biographies are currently about women.
- 11 - Turkish Culture Wikipedia workshop at Newspeak House, East London
- 18 - Electrifying Women: a Wikithon – University of Leeds
- 18 - Poetry Translation Centre workshop, London