WikiConference India Scholarships
Wikimedia UK is offering two (2) full scholarships to WikiConference India 2011 in Mumbai, India, on 18-20 November 2011. The deadline for applying for a scholarship is 19.30 BST on Tuesday 27 September 2011.
Priority will be given to those with Wikimedia experience to share, links with the Wikimedia movement in India or with credible inter-chapter proposals to discuss and implement with support of the wider community.
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship will cover:
- The registration fee
- Travel by economy class flights
- Accommodation at a budget hotel
- Reasonable subsistence expenses
In order to quality for a full scholarship, you must be:
- currently based in the UK
- able to travel to the India (including having a valid passport, travel insurance and any applicable visas)
- able to attend all days of the conference
- willing to write a publicly available report on the conference on the Wikimedia UK wiki
Partial scholarships will be considered for those that do not meet all of the requirements for a full scholarship.
If you wish to apply for a WMUK scholarship, please send:
- your name, email address and username or affiliation;
- a rationale for why we should support your attendance;
- a proposed talk or poster title and abstract, should the opportunity to present one be available
to michael.peelwikimedia.org.uk prior to the application deadline.
Scholarships will be awarded at the discretion of Wikimedia UK, and decided upon based on the submitted information.
If you have any questions, please leave a message on the talk page or contact michael.peelwikimedia.org.uk.
- Talk or workshop proposals must be sent to the India conference programs team before Sep 28 00:00 IST (Sep 27 19:30 BST). The programs team will then review the proposals and send responses before Oct 1 00:00 IST (Sep 30 19:30 BST). Please send all proposals to conferencewikimedia.in with [WMUK-Proposal] on the subject line, copying michael.peelwikimedia.org.uk. Acceptance for WMUK sponsored speakers will be confirmed by the first or second week of October.
Proposals need to finalized by the above date for scheduling purposes by the programming team of the Conference due to internal deadlines. The programming team is not involved in individual Scholarship decisions.