Agenda 5Oct10/Secretary's Report
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Activities to report[edit | edit source]
- Wiki reorganisation
- Have set up the office wiki, and moved glamplan over to a new internal wiki.
- Have also upgraded all of the wikis so that they use the latest version of MediaWiki (including switching to the Vector skin as default) and have common extensions.
- Am currently in the process of moving content over from the board wiki onto the office wiki.
- Phone calls
- Responded to an enquiry about using a Wikipedia article in a TV show; redirected to the WMF.
- Phone gets a lot of 'noise' - random phone calls that are not press related and are not useful to us (e.g. enquiries from people wanting to buy projector bulbs). Any suggestions on how to minimize these?
- Have been talking by email with Open Plaques about how we could potentially work together. Ideas/suggestions welcome.
- Liam has announced this and opened registration; see the blog post.
- We need to book youth hostel rooms, sign contract with caterers and pay liam for first part of contract. Also need square event logo.
- To do
- File expense claim for travel to Birmingham for CM's interview
- Work through email backlog...
- Contact people to talk at Cancer Research UK
Outstanding actions[edit | edit source]
- MP to relocate the role descriptions to a more suitable location once all are finalized.
- MP to change facebook group into a page; change Twitter approach to being more bidirectional; open an account on identi.ca (mirrored from Twitter). Doing... (page on facebook)
- MP to send around a 'save the date' email to members about the Wikimedia UK Annual Conference. Done
- MP to move confidential GLAM-WIKI material onto the board wiki. Done
- MP to send SV a link to CC-BY-SA attribution in place on Wikipedia.