Agenda 7Dec10/Secretary's Report
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Activities to report[edit | edit source]
- Phone calls
- A number of random calls. One from a donor requesting a refund (passed on to CM and TD).
- Discuss - the phone is now seeing more general use than press use, and its use as a press phone is being succeeded by Gemma. Suggest it might be better for CM to hold the phone and forward enquiries as appropriate to individual board members.
- Event was successful. Over 100 participants. Sessions went well, as did location/catering. Things that could have been better: attendance, administration (e.g. process for dealing with registration fees paid in cash).
- Details of expenditures (still being finalised) are on the internal wiki.
- First part of Liam's contract has now been paid. Second part will be due soon. A number of other invoices need to be paid (location, catering, presenter gifts) plus other expenses (MP, AT, JS, LW).
- Random other things
- Invoice for in-person board meeting room needs to be paid (Tom's doing this already).
Fundraising statistics - can these be made public? Discuss(Don't need to discuss this, as it's been discussed by email)
- SSL certificate for fundraising pages e.g.  - best way forward with this? Discuss
- Tasks to do
- GLAM-WIKI section for newsletter
- Arrange date for talk at Cancer Research UK
- Work through email backlog...
Outstanding actions[edit | edit source]
- MP to relocate the role descriptions to a more suitable location once all are finalized. Cancelled?
- MP to change facebook group into a page; change Twitter approach to being more bidirectional; open an account on identi.ca (mirrored from Twitter). Done (ongoing changes to be made, but no longer within this action)
- MP to send SV a link to CC-BY-SA attribution in place on Wikipedia. Done
- MP to follow up with TD about the new fundraising website and the timeline for making the modifications. Done/ Cancelled
- MP, SV, CM to draft press releases for fundraiser launch and milestones Done/ongoing (via Gemma/Charles)
- MP to explore a tool/bot to distribute newsletters on-wiki via user pages Done Rock Drum has suggested using the global message delivery bot Discuss
- MP, AT, TD to (facilitate) work on the 2011 budget / wishlist (also anyone else that wants to get involved). Doing... - ongoing rather than an action now.