Govcom Agenda 2015-05-18
Govcom meeting Mon 18th May at 10:30 am, at the WMUK office
Present[edit | edit source]
Apologies[edit | edit source]
Minutes of last Govcom meeting[edit | edit source]
Matters arising[edit | edit source]
CEO appointment progress[edit | edit source]
Preparing for 2015 AGM[edit | edit source]
- London, Sat 25 July - confirmed.
- Trustee elections; tellers
- Board resolutions to amend the articles: (1) enabling non-trustees to become full members of Govcom, ARC and any other board committees that may be constituted; (2) relaxing the requirement that the board may delegate powers only to a committee of two or more trustees; (3) clarifying the power of trustees to make resolutions via an on-Wiki vote; (4) reducing the main board quorum to a more usual level; (5) clarifying that the board may delegate the task of approving membership applications (eg to the CEO); (6) updating and correcting the Election Rules.
Board development, engagement and continuity[edit | edit source]
Report and accounts[edit | edit source]
Review latest versions. Actions, deadlines:
- Trustees' report for 2014-15
- Annual Review
Relationship with volunteers[edit | edit source]
Progress of community discussions; volunteers' strategy day, Sat 27th June (same day as AGM); TechCom work; plans for advisory boards
KPIs, strategic goals[edit | edit source]
Update: Governance aspects of KPIs and goals - what is the process for deciding which proposed projects should be supported by WMUK, given the potential charitable impact when considered against resources available and required?
Transparency[edit | edit source]
A quarterly narrative is required from us for transparency compliance against the transparency KPI "Transparency compliance as determined by Govcom against published transparency commitments". This relates to Strategic goal G2b.2: "We have a high level of openness and transparency, and are recognised for such within the Wikimedia movement and the UK charity sector". See Strategy monitoring plan.
AOB[edit | edit source]
Date of next meeting[edit | edit source]
- Thur 13 August at 2:30pm (provisional). Need to discuss future meetings as well