Govcom Minutes 9Oct13
Public minutes of the Governance Committee meeting held at 5.30pm on 9 October 2013.[edit | edit source]
The non-public office minutes are here.
Development House, Leonard Street, London.[edit | edit source]
In person meeting. Present:
- Michael Maggs (MM) - minutes
- Chris Keating (CK)
- Greyham Dawes (GD)
- Jon Davies (JD)
10/13 Draft audit report
- The draft audit report from the consultant was reviewed, and a response approved with a few suggestions/corrections for her to consider.
- ACTION: for MM: Obtain final corrected report, and circulate to Govcom. On Govcom approval, circulate to board with a recommendation to publish.
- ACTION: for JD: Copy to WMF for information once Govcom has approved the text.
11/13 Phase 2 trustee candidates
- The CVs of the phase 2 trustee candidates were reviewed, and recommendations for interview agreed.
- ACTION: for MM: Report names to board and seek board approval to conduct interviews.
12/13 Reporting to the board - discuss ways to progress review of revised template and board requirements/timelines
- ACTION: It was agreed to make this a standing item, and to progress on the basis of the consultant's recommendations. It may be more efficient in the future to have board reports on a topic basis rather than one per staff member. To be discussed further.
13/13 Discuss ways to progress review of Govcom charter
- ACTION: It was agreed to make this a standing item.
14/13 Discuss process for possible revisions to Scheme of Delegation
- ACTION: It was agreed to make this a standing item. GD and JD reported that work has already been done on the financial protocols that will inform any amended Scheme.
15/13 Timetable for Govcom meetings
- ACTION: for MM: Dates should be set up far in advance so far as possible, at least two weeks before each board meeting.
16/13 Potential conflicts of interest (in camera)
Outstanding from previous meetings: Trustee induction
Coaching/mentoring for main board chair: