Govcom minutes 2016-02-11

From Wikimedia UK
Jump to: navigation, search

These minutes were approved at the meeting of 2016-08-11

Minutes of the Govcom meeting of Thursday 11 February 2016 at Development House, London

Present: Michael Maggs - chair (MM), Greyham Dawes (GD), Rosie Chapman (RC)

In attendance: Lucy Crompton-Reid - CE (LCR)

Apologies[edit | edit source]

Apologies were received from Kate West.

Declarations of interest relating to matters on the agenda[edit | edit source]

None

Minutes of last Govcom meeting[edit | edit source]

The minutes were approved.

Matters arising[edit | edit source]

None

Consider cycle of trustee elections and succession planning[edit | edit source]

The committee discussed a proposal to amend the Articles of Association, following approval in principle at the December board meeting. It was agreed to commend the proposal to the board but without a specific recommendation as to whether co-opted terms should be two or three years. If approved by the membership at the next AGM, the changes should take effect for new board members only. There was a general discussion of succession planning.

AGM 2016[edit | edit source]

MM and LCR will lead on the arrangements for the 2016 AGM.

Annual board review[edit | edit source]

It was agreed that MM will prepare a draft self-evaluation questionnaire for trustees, which he will discuss with RC. After agreement, it will be sent out to all trustees with responses to go back to LCR.

Govcom long-term planning[edit | edit source]

Since the amendments to the CEO's scheme of delegation are largely financial, it will be left to ARC to prepare recommendations for the board. LCR and MM agreed to review the charity's published Article 28 policies and to determine which are wholly operational and should properly be a matter for the CEO rather than for the board.

Transparency[edit | edit source]

It was agreed that this quarter's transparency score should be 3.5/5 on the basis that we have seen similar levels of transparency to those of the previous quarter. Transparency can still be improved, but it has to be noted that we have not had a communications officer in place now for some five months. LCR is hoping to fill the post within the next few weeks.

Membership of Govcom[edit | edit source]

Nick Poole has had to step down from the committee due to pressure of other work. MM will seek a replacement trustee for the committee.

AOB[edit | edit source]

It was agreed to recommend to the board the reinsertion into the Committee Member Code of Conduct of one accidentally-omitted sentence, namely:

Dates of 2016 Govcom meetings[edit | edit source]

  • Thur 12 May
  • Thur 11 August
  • Thur 10 November

All starting at 2.30 pm See Board meetings#2016 Govcom meetings