IT Development/Progress meetings/28 Feb 2013

From Wikimedia UK
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Developer progress meeting[edit | edit source]

This will be a Mumble meeting at 1.00pm-2.30pm on Thursday 28th February 2013.

Actions from last meeting[edit | edit source]

From meeting on 21st January 2013

Item No Action Assigned to Completed
1. Item 2 - Progress Update KB to remind Staff and Trustees need to report slow page loading for EE/TD to address bugs. KB -
2. Item 2 EE/TM to update page on UK Wiki to note change in capacity of server EE/TM Yes check.svg Done
4. Item 2 KB to ensure in future a cost/benefit review of server arrangements undertaken and presented to Tech Committee for consideration following discussion of options. KB -
5. Item 2 MP to pass appropriate details for moving the DNS onto UKreg to TM MP Yes check.svg Done TM has access to details on the server; control of ukreg account has been passed to KB.
6. Item 3.1 - Issue Tracking KB to work with TM to set up a parallel bugzilla install with a project management extension, and test by end of Feb. KB/TM Symbol wait.svg Doing...
7. Item 3.3 - Backups USB drive or hard-disk needed for physical backup storage. MP have a look at data and then advise KB on size of storage device needed. MP At least 100GB storage space needed. Yes check.svg Done
8. Item 3.3 - Backups KB to research costs of fireproof safe to inform a decision about on and off site back ups KB -
9. Item 3.3 - Backups Tech committee to consider having more than back up locations as part of consideration of security strategy. KB/Tech Comm -
10. Item 3.3 - Backups KB to get details of of current set-up and ask about how this might block server access - can they ftp onto our network? Follow up on advisement with TM. KB/TM -
11. Item 3.4.1 - Security Audit KB to work on some straightforward guidance for trustees as a simple overview/checklist MP to review - perhaps in collaboration with the community or Tech Committee (can certainly draft on-wiki) KB -
12. Item 3.4.1 - Security Audit DT noted that WMUK may need to review registration of data protection details in light of changed staffing and systems. KB to factor this in to ongoing security review work with TM. KB/TM Symbol wait.svg Doing...
13. Item 3.4.2 - Civi CRM KB log feature requests and bug requests in RT to mirror a global development page on wiki (rework the exisiting 'shopping list' page) KB -
14. Item 3.4.3 - SAGE server KB liaise with RS to get specification of who wants to access and how. Then log as a job in RT/Bugzilla with a matching planning page on-wiki KB/RS -
15. Item 3.4.4 - MediaWiki/Wordpress improvements MP to log jobs via RT in connection with this as appropriate. MP Symbol wait.svg Doing...
16. Item 3.5 - Hosting UK Wiki on our server TM to contact Oliver Keyes and copy in tech list. TM Yes check.svg Done
17. Item 3.5 - Hosting UK Wiki on our server Move the larger question onto agenda of tech committee and look into getting more information about the implications. KB/Tech Comm Not done
18. Item 4 - Role of the Technology Committee KB to set up a Doodle poll to schedule a meeting of the Technical Committee in the week after the board meeting. KB Yes check.svg Done
19. Item 5 - Any Other Business Katherine to schedule next meeting via doodle poll KB Yes check.svg Done

Agenda[edit | edit source]

  1. Attendance and Apologies
  2. Update on Actions from previous meeting (Done, in process, not done. Substantive discussion may take place elsewhere on agenda)
  3. Operational
    1. Issue Tracker
      1. Decision
      2. Next steps
    2. Final migrations
      1. DNS
      2. QRpedia
    3. Backups
      1. Future backup routine
    4. SAGE server
    5. Hosting UK Wiki on our server
      1. Update from Board
    6. Office IT, including backup server
    7. Web conferencing system
  4. AOB.
  5. Date of next meetings.