Minutes for Exec Board meeting on 1 November 2011, held by telephone/Skype
Attendees[edit | edit source]
- Roger Bamkin [RB] (Chair)
- Mike Peel [MP] (Minutes)
- Andrew Turvey [AT]
- Chris Keating [CK]
- Jon Davies [JD]
- Richard Symonds [RS]
The meeting started at 7.30pm, and ended circa 9.30pm.
Apologies for absence (RB)/ Agenda[edit | edit source]
There were no apologies, and the agenda was unchanged.
Governance[edit | edit source]
- Finance reports
- Weekly reports
- Fund raiser Sub-Committee?
- Management accounts
- budget expenditure
These issues were discussed. It was concluded that a formal fundraiser subcommittee was not needed.
It was decided that bank statements will be kept up-to-date on the office wiki (by AT at present), and that finances should be a standing item on meeting agendas.
JD agreed to start providing weekly reports, which would be discussed at a weekly meeting at 4pm on Fridays.
Charity Status - Press release?[edit | edit source]
This was discussed, with no resulting actions recorded.
Fundraiser[edit | edit source]
- Outstanding risks?
- UK Banners?
- Adherence to the fundraising agreement
This was discussed; the fundraiser plans were on track to start in a week's time.
Activity Plan A and Plan B[edit | edit source]
This was briefly discussed, but it was concluded that not much more can be done here until we have hard numbers to review during the fundraiser.
Status of recruitment (office manager; development work)[edit | edit source]
Recruitment for the office manager is ongoing, with an application deadline of 6 November.
Development work is pending a summary of requirements from MP.
Readiness with other upcoming activities (Events)[edit | edit source]
Upcoming events were discussed, with no major concerns.
QRpedia Ownership[edit | edit source]
ACTION: JD to find alternative quotes for lawyers; AT to be kept in the loop.
AOB[edit | edit source]
Next Meeting - 19-20 November, in-person, British Library, London. All board members + CEO + Office manager.