|This vacancy is now closed. The page is kept as an archival reference. If you want to discuss a topic, please start a discussion on the community forum.|
This role has been superseded by the Office and Development Manager position.
The place was filled by Richard Symonds, a long-standing Wikimedian. His job is to support the Chief Executive in running the charity smoothly. His prinicpal task is to manage the finances on a day-to-day basis ensuring prompt payments and meticulous record keeping.
This is a temporary role starting ASAP and finishing January 15th 2012. We expect this will be a full-time job (35 hours a week) but can be flexible on hours for the right person.
The post will be based wherever you are - all our systems are set up for remote working, mainly online. It is essential that you have your own computer with Internet access. Pay £10 an hour.
To apply, email chris.keating at wikimedia.org.uk setting out how you meet the job description and person specification below, and enclosing an up-to-date CV. Please ensure the subject line of your email makes it clear you are applying for this job.
For more information about Wikimedia UK see here.
The deadline for applications is Friday 5th August. Telephone interviews will take place the following week.
- Answering email, post and telephone correspondence
- Updating our CiviCRM database with details of donors/members, editing individual records and conducting batch imports of individuals and gifts.
- Sending welcome messages to new members/donors
- Paying in cheques/cash receipts
- Other administrative support for the Board as agreed.
What skills/attributes do you need?
- You need to be conscientious, with a high level of integrity, and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills particularly over the phone and email
- Good skills with Excel (e.g. capable of using Lookup functions)
- Experience / knowledge of the Wikimedia movement is desirable
- Experience of customer service (particularly via email) is desirable
- Experience of working with a CRM system is desirable
- You will need to be based in, and eligible to work in, the UK.