Oxford Digital Humanities Masterclass 2017
From Wikimedia UK
Video[edit | edit source]
The session was filmed and has been shared online under a CC-By licence.
Online handout[edit | edit source]
Short link for this page: tinyurl.com/oxdhwiki
- Scope of Wikidata
- Wikiproject sum of all paintings
- WikiProject Cultural heritage
- Initiative for Open Citations / Wikiproject Source Metadata
- List of all Wikidata properties plus new property proposals being discussed
- Blog post: Wikidata: the new hub for cultural heritage
- Querying Wikidata
- Self-portraits of women
- Connections between philosophers of the Hellenistic period
- Lots of art-related queries by Jane Darnell
- Blog post: Probing Parliament(s) with Wikidata
- Blog post: Historical intellectual connections
- Do it yourself
- Wikidata query service: examples
- Wikidata graph builder: lets you iterate a single property, e.g. influenced by, doctoral advisor, child
- VizQuery: another tool that lets you create basic queries without knowing SPARQL
- Query by a participant: Paintings with musical instruments from Spain or related to Spain by Ines M. Thanks for sharing, Ines!
- Wikidata queries with data shared from Oxford projects
- Electronic Enlightenment (identifiers)
- Early Modern Letters Online (identifiers)
- Atlas of Hillforts (names, identifiers, locations, types)
- Oxford Research Archive (theses; bibliographic data with links to open access version)
- Book transcription
- Wikidata Scholar at the National Library of Wales: data visualisations
- Our ongoing transcription of Plomer's "A Dictionary of the Booksellers and Printers who Were at Work in England, Scotland and Ireland from 1641 to 1667" Please join in and fix OCR errors!
Feedback[edit | edit source]
In the summer school's evaluation survey, 16 respondents said they had attended this session.
- 7 rated it Excellent
- 7 rated it Good
- 1 rated it Satisfactory
- 1 rated it Poor
- There were no free text comments.