Interested in volunteering with Wikimedia UK?
There are many ways you can volunteer with Wikimedia UK. For more information on volunteering, please visit the Volunteering Portal. Current outreach initiatives we need help with include:
- Contact Daria Cybulska, daria.cybulskawikimedia.org.uk
- Education projects including working on university campuses or leading a Wikipedia Teaching Assignment in a University course
- Contact Toni Sant, toni.santwikimedia.org.uk
- Cultural partnerships: outreach to GLAMs (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums)
- Contact Jonathan Cardy, jonathan.cardywikimedia.org.uk
- Build relationships with scholarly societies, with the Girl Geek Dinner groups around the country or find other groups and societies who are interested in an event.
- Contact Martin Poulter, martin.poulterwikimedia.org.uk
- Conferences are frequently organised to promote Wikimedia UK's outreach programs. Volunteers can help out in a variety of ways.
- Any of our other events
- To learn more about Wikimedia UK's events and how you can help contact Daria Cybulska, daria.cybulskawikimedia.org.uk
If you have an idea that's not covered here, please contact us - email volunteeringwikimedia.org.uk or whichever of the staff you think is most appropriate. Grants are also available to support people who want to make good ideas happen.
- See also Volunteer Policy
Learn how to edit Wikipedia
We also have regular training events across the country for learning how to edit. These - along with all of our other events - are listed on the upcoming events list.