WikiSym 2012 Scholarships
Wikimedia UK is offering two (2) full scholarships to WikiSym 2012 in Linz, Austria on 27-29 August 2012. The deadline for applying for a scholarship is midnight BST at the end of Tuesday 31 July 2012.
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship will cover:
- The registration fee
- Travel (by economy class flights)
- Accommodation (at the official conference hotel)
- A per diem to cover local expenses
In order to quality for a full scholarship, you must be:
- based in the UK
- engaged in research about Wikimedia or other free content projects
- able to travel to the Austria (including having a valid passport, and any appropriate visas)
- able to attend all days of the conference
- willing to feature in blog posts about the conference and the scholarships
- willing to write a publicly available report on the conference on the Wikimedia UK wiki within a month after the end of the conference (for an example, see the Wikisym 2011 Report)
Partial scholarships may be considered for those that do not meet all of the requirements for a full scholarship.
If you wish to apply for a WMUK scholarship, please send:
- Your name, email address and (if appropriate) affiliation
- A rationale for why we should support your attendance
- An outline of your Wikimedia/free content research (either past or proposed)
to michael.peelwikimedia.org.uk prior to the application deadline.
Scholarships will be awarded at the discretion of Wikimedia UK, and will be decided upon based on the submitted attendance rationale and research outline.
If you have any questions, please contact michael.peelwikimedia.org.uk or leave a message on the talk page.