WikiSym 2013 Scholarships
Wikimedia UK is offering two (2) full scholarships to attend WikiSym 2013 in Hong Kong, China, on 5-7 August 2013. The scholarships also include the opportunity to attend Wikimania 2013 at the same location on 7-11 August 2013. The deadline for applying for a scholarship is 17th March 2013.
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship will cover:
- The Wikisym registration fee
- Travel to and from Hong Kong (by economy class flights)
- Accommodation for the duration of WikiSym at the official conference hotel
- A per diem to cover local expenses
- Registration fee, accommodation and per diem for attending Wikimania 2013
In order to quality for a full scholarship, you must be:
- based in the UK
- engaged in research about Wikimedia or other free content projects
- able to travel to Hong Kong (including having a valid passport, and any appropriate visas)
- able to attend all days of the conference
- willing to feature in blog posts about the conference and the scholarships
- willing to write a publicly available report on the conference on the Wikimedia UK wiki within a month after the end of the conference (for an example, see the Wikisym 2011 Report and Wikisym 2012 Report)
Partial scholarships may be considered for those that do not meet all of the requirements for a full scholarship.
Applicants are also encouraged to submit a paper, the deadline for which is also 17 March.
If you wish to apply for a WMUK scholarship, please send:
- Your name, email address and (if appropriate) affiliation
- A rationale for why we should support your attendance
- An outline of your Wikimedia/free content research (either past or proposed)
to email@example.com prior to the application deadline.
Scholarships will be awarded at the discretion of Wikimedia UK, and will be decided upon based on the submitted attendance rationale and research outline.
If you have any questions, please contact Richard Nevell at richard.nevellwikimedia.org.uk or leave a message on the talk page.