2012 Activity Plan/Wikipedians in Residence
We will part-fund Wikipedian in Residence positions. The number of positions will depend on negotiations with partner institutions about how a Wikipedian in Residence fits with their organisation and how much funding they will make available.
- Budget responsibility
- Being managed through office pending decision on new holder
- Timetable for activities
- British Library WIR: May 2012 for 6 months - AHRC sponsored with event funding possible from WMUK to cover some event expenses.
- MonmouthpediA: Outreach/ambassador placement active through Spring and Summer 2012 - Council sponsored.
- The National Archives: WIR was under discussion throughout the 2012, but has not progressed.
- Museums Galleries Scotland: Coordinator was being discussed but it has not moved forward. If successful could come under the GLAM Scotland budget.
- A big recruitment drive in November/December 2012 to encourage applications: more information on office wiki or here. WIth successful recruitment drive, the hope is to spend at least half of the budget before the end of the financial year.
- Success Criteria
- That good quality WiRs are selected.
- That a clear programme of activities is established and delivered in consultation with their hosts.
- That they report regularly about their activities.
- That they are unable to bridge their host community, the Wikimedia UK community and the general population.
- Countermeasure: Support the GLAM network with shared case studies, workshopping and mobilize support as needed for key points in the most visible projects.
- That funding will not be scalable as demand increases.
- Countermeasure: Build relationships with significant independent funding bodies.