Breast Cancer Care editing session
- Time: 2pm-5pm on Tuesday 22 October in London - to coincide with Breast Cancer Awareness Month, an annual campaign designed to raise awareness and understanding of the condition.
- Location: office of Breast Cancer Care, 5–13 Great Suffolk Street, London SE1 0NS
- hashtag #BCAMwiki
- WMUK organiser was Stevie Benton, working with Julia (Julia.Bellbreastcancercare.org.uk).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Breast Cancer Care editing session|
Wikimedia UK teamed up with the charity Breast Cancer Care to deliver a training session on how to edit Wikipedia. There was also be an editing session which focused on improving several key articles relating to breast cancer.
The session aimed to train six Breast Cancer Care staff about how Wikipedia works and how to edit. We also had access to many reference materials such as publications and research papers.
A list of important articles to work on has been prepared by Breast Cancer Care and is below.
- Breast cancer
- Metastatic breast cancer
- Risk factors for breast cancer
- Breast cancer management
- BRCA mutation
- Breast cancer screening
- Breast reconstruction
- Breast cancer awareness
- Breast cancer awareness month
Wikimedia UK provided laptops and some printed materials, such as cheat sheets and booklets. Breast Cancer Care provided access to source and reference materials.
3 men, 4 women
A note has been sent on the Breast Cancer Care intranet on 24 October encouraging everyone to keep editing.
Content edited on the day
- w:en:Trastuzumab - added content
- w:en:Metastatic breast cancer - added content (two users)
- w:en:Breast cancer - added content
- John Cummings
- Katie Chan
- Stevie Benton for support
- "Breast cancer information on Wikipedia: making it even better" on Wikimedia UK blog, and in members newsletter.
- Photos on Commons