Notice of meeting[edit | edit source]
Wikimedia UK will be holding an Extraordinary General Meeting on Saturday 13th April 2013 at British Library Conference Centre, Chaucer room, 96 Euston Road, NW1 2DB.
At this meeting three special resolutions will be put forward that will change the organisation's governance arrangements. These are:
- Resolution to set the number of Directors
- Resolution to alter the composition of the Board to introduce co-opted Directors
- Resolution to revise the Election Rules, replacing Approval Voting with STV
Details of these resolutions can be found at EGM 2013/Resolutions.
The official EGM will run from 15.30 (UTC+1) - 16:30 (UTC+1).
The address of the venue is:
- British Library Conference Centre
- Chaucer room
- 96 Euston Road
- NW1 2DB
If you will be attending, please let us know by adding your name to the list of attendees.
Voting[edit | edit source]
You can vote on these resolutions either in person or by proxy.
If you wish to vote by proxy, then please forward this email to "tellerswikimedia.org.uk" with the following text at the top of the email:
- "I, [Name] of [Email or postal address], being a member of Wikimedia UK, hereby appoint James Farrar and Richard Symonds (the Tellers) of tellerswikimedia.org.uk as my proxy to vote in my name on my behalf at the extraordinary general meeting of the company to be held on 13th April 2013 and at any adjournment thereof.
- Resolution 1 (number of directors): [Insert "For" or "Against"].
- Resolution 2 (altering the board composition): [Insert "For" or "Against"].
- Resolution 3 (revising the election rules): [Insert "For" or "Against"].
- Unless otherwise instructed, the proxy may vote as s/he thinks fit or abstain from voting.
- Signed on [Date]."
Email proxies must be received by 15:30 British Summer Time (UTC+1) on Friday 12th April 2013. By forwarding this email with your instructions to the tellers you are agreeing to appoint the tellers as your proxy and they will cast your vote on your behalf. Alternatively you have a right to appoint someone else as your proxy to attend the meeting and vote on your behalf. Please use the same wording as above and email it to tellerswikimedia.org.uk. You can change your proxy vote at any time before the receipt deadline, and you can chose to vote in person at the EGM instead.