IT Development/Progress meetings/Agenda 26 November 2013

From Wikimedia UK
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Connection details[edit | edit source]

This will be a Telephone Conference

Agenda[edit | edit source]

Priority areas for discussion[edit | edit source]

Pre-5pm[edit | edit source]

  1. FTP process grant (All)
  2. Voice recognition project (AM)
  3. QRpedia (KB/TM/RB)

Post 5pm[edit | edit source]

  1. Product manager job description

Outstanding actions from October meeting[edit | edit source]

Where the item is being introduced or led by a particular person this is indicated in brackets. Actions are included as sub-items below. When an action is completed, please add {{tick}} at the end of the line!

  1. Meeting logistics
    1. ACTION: KB/MP to suggest some possible dates for the meeting, and to set up a doodle poll.
    2. Nomination of chair and minute-taker (KB)
    3. Apologies and Introductions
  2. Maintenance (KB)
    1. ACTION: TM/EE to expand the service portfolio page to indicate who is maintaining each service
    2. ACTION: KB to review notifications that EE sends to Tech@ and share most important ones on community mailing list/Water cooler as appropriate
    3. ACTION: KB/TM to work on install and complementary write-up of how to use Bugzilla pre-next Tech Committee meeting
    4. ACTION: KB to set up a projects request page, and corresponding email address to support confidential notifications.
    5. ACTION: KB to create a UKReg account for MP to log in and clear up domain name details.
    6. ACTION: EE to move the main WMUK wiki from wiki.wikimedia.org.uk to www.wikimedia.org.uk
    7. ACTION: EE to chase up redirecting uk.wikimedia.org to the new wiki location
    8. ACTION: KTC/HB to encourage the updating of interwikis on the Wikimedia projects so that the WMUK interwiki link points to the new wiki location.
    9. ACTION: RN to use the mailing list and watercooler to ask if people had experienced any negative impact following the implementation of https.
  3. QRpedia (KB)
    1. ACTION: KB to:
      • log the transfer of the QRpedia blog as an RT ticket
      • forward testing email to RB, TE and Andy Mabbett (AM) to look for bugs
      • work on assumption that the DNS can switch to a debugged WMUK installation on 4th March 2013
      • work with RB to identity key existing users
      • contact known existing users, and forward emails to wikimediauk-l and cultural partners mailing lists, to inform of change when date known, and before transfer
    2. ACTION: KB to create list on WMUK Wiki AND DT would mirror WMUK Wiki page onto Meta AND KC would modify page for translation.
    3. ACTION: KB to undertake following after DNS changeover:
      • chat to Stevie Benton (SB) about ideas for promoting engagement.
      • set up a page inviting discussion about new applications or contexts for us
    4. ACTION: RB to liaise with Saad Choudry/WMUK Board as appropriate and confirm any terms that need to be taken into consideration before KB to proceed with promoting wider engagement/generation of ideas.
    5. ACTION: To expedite technical development, it was decided to create a page on the WMUK wiki to collate and update what is known about current QRpedia users (KB)
    6. ACTION: KB to clarify the degree of separation of IP required with Saad Choudry - i.e is a separate registrar sufficient or would separate server hosting be necessary?
    7. ACTION: KB to log transfer or shared access of the QRpedia twitter account as a task following transfer.
    8. ACTION: KB to log transfer or shared access of the QRpedia blog as a task following transfer.
    9. ACTION: EE to ensure code shared in WMF code repository
    10. ACTION: EE to expand stub of project page on Meta: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/QRpedia
    11. ACTION: KB to ask CEO and Saad Choudry for an update
  4. CiviCRM (EE)
    1. ACTION: KB to turn turn off 'forward to a friend' function and to talk to KTC about suggested two-stage notification click process.
  5. Usage of non-EU systems, particularly with regards PRISM (EE)
    1. ACTION: TM/EE to produce a position paper for the next Tech Comm.
  6. Mediawiki (EE/TM)
    1. ACTION: Calendar extension - KB to contact Asaf to explain (MP to forward email thread) and ask what required to assist
    2. ACTION: TM to enquire with the WMF ops team about their plans for OpenID/opening up SUL, and to feed back via the mailing list or at the next committee meeting.
  7. OTRS (EE)
    1. ACTION: KB to update on this by email
  8. Virtual Learning Environment (TM)
    1. ACTION: KB to arrange an urgent phonecall on VLE, SB/TM/KB to discuss costs and use
    2. ACTION: KB to update CM and ask for his suggestions
  9. Hackathons (KB)
    1. ACTION: KB to update on this by email
  10. Virtual presence (KB)
    1. ACTION: KB to update on this by email
  11. Europeana (KB)
  12. Email use policy (KB)
    1. ACTION: KB to update on this by email
  13. Planet (HB)
    1. ACTION: HB to post the suggestion of a WMUK Planet to the Community mailing list and to report feedback to the next Technology Committee meeting.
  14. Toolserver
    1. ACTION: Committee members with concerns about disbursing the unspent funds differently to email around Tech@; KB to pick up on any consensus about alternate approaches.
  15. AOB
    1. FTP microgrant application
      1. ACTION: KB to ask Fae if he was happy for the proposal to be moved to another URL and then Tech Comm members ask questions
    2. Wiki user rights
      1. ACTION: KTC to raise issue about wiki user rights by email
  16. Date of next meeting