Live Art, Feminism and Archives
About the event
The event will focus on editing pages of notable feminist Artists whose Wikipedia articles are as yet incomplete or nonexistent. We will have access to the archives of the Live Art development agency. As well as experts such as Professor Lois Weaver from Queen Mary University.
This is part of Restock Rethink Reflect 3 - Live Art, Feminism and Archives a collaboration between Queen Mary University and The Live Art Development Agency.
- How do I prepare?
- If you don't already have one, create a Wikipedia account
- Bring a laptop (wi-fi will be provided), if you don't have a laptop then email jonathan.cardywikimedia.org.uk
- Learn about editing if you like: w:en:Wikipedia:Tutorial, or Getting started on Wikipedia for more information
- Alternatively print out and red pen a Wikipedia article in advance of the event and come along with a change that you would like to be shown how to make.
- Tea, coffee and snacks will be provided by our hosts the Live Art Development Agency
When you are here sign below with # ~~~~
Below is the list of trainers that will be present on the day
- Jonathan Cardy (WMUK) (talk) 16:38, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
- Leutha (talk)
- Edwardx (talk) 12:02, 14 April 2014 (BST)
CT Cooper · talk 16:11, 18 April 2014 (BST)Unwell, my apologies.
- RexxS (talk)
- Articles we want to start
- Feminist performance / feminist live art
- Monica Ross
- Rose Finn-Kelcey
- Carlyle Reedy
- Rajni Shah
- Marcia Farquhar
- Ann Liv Young
- Hayley Newman
- Sonia Knox
- Catherine Elwes
- Monica Mayer
Plus more listed here
- Articles that need expansion
- Margaret Harrison
- Lesley Sanderson
- Griselda Pollock
- Bobby Baker
- Anne Bean
- Sonia Boyce
- Rose English
- Tina Keane
- Split Britches
- Barbara Schurz
- Potential FA
It would be really nice if we could get one of those to Featured Article status in time to be featured on the main page of Wikipedia for International Women's day 2015
This event is not wheelchair accessible. Hearing Loops are available (Wikimedia UK has bought a mobile hearing loop and would be delighted to provide if it needed, but please tell us two working days in advance so we can make sure it is at the event).