Minutes of the Wikimedia UK v2.0 Board Meeting #wikimedia-uk-board, 20:30 BST 20/04/2009
Present with full speaking rights: Mike Peel (MP), Andrew Turvey (AT), Mickey Conn (MC) and Kwan Ting Chan (KTC).
Apologies for absence
Tom Holden (TH, absent).
Minutes of Meeting dated 2009-04-14
Minutes of Meeting dated 2009-04-18
AGM - Location
AT confirmed the booking for the AGM at the Manchester Kro-Bar, from 12:00 to 18:30 on Sunday 26th April. This will permit a meeting of the new board to be held after the AGM. AT booked tea and coffee for 15 people, at a cost of £22.50
AGM - Notice
MP sent notice of the candidates to members 19-21, but has yet to send notice of the AGM.
ACTION: MP to send AGM notice to new members.
Website - Bugs
The bugs raised on the website have been resolved, thanks to action by KTC and MP to raise them with the WMF. MP to liaise with JamesF regarding the transfer of domains.
ACTION: MP to liaise on domain transfer.
HMRC charity status
AT received a response from his Member of Parliament and has circulated it to the board. No response yet from the HMRC.
Wikimania press releases
No decision is expected on the venue for Wikimania 2010 for a further week. AT to do press release.
ACTION: AT to compose press release.
Wikipedia (and other WMF's) trademark
AT to e-mail Mike Godwin with letter requesting permission from the WMF for Wikimedia UK to use the name "Wikipedia" in certain activities.
ACTION: AT to e-mail Mike Godwin.
MC has circulated draft signage to the board. All to respond with comments as soon as possible, then MC to produce final version.
ACTION: All to respond, MC to produce signage.
MP will contact the students union regarding permission at the end of the week.
ACTION: MP to contact union.
Refreshment & voting
Refreshments were covered under item 4.1. There have been no further developments regarding voting.
Chapters email list
AT has resolved the issue around the chapters e-mail list.
AT has drafted a bid for a chapter grant. AT to finalise bid and circulate around board, then submit by deadline of end of 21st April.
ACTION: AT to finalise and submit bid.
Due to workload around the AGM and other items, and the postponement of an announcement regarding Wikimania, the newsletter will be held back until after the AGM.
There was nothing further to report.
AT has drafted a report and circulated this around the board. AT to incorporate comments to produce a final report for distribution at the AGM. Report to be considered by board for formal approval at board meeting immediately before AGM.
ACTION: AT to produce final report.
Miscellaneous AGM arrangements
MC to produce badges for members, and blanks for other AGM attendees. MP to bring membership forms, attempt to source a projector and investigate whether a flipchart is available.
MP to bank outstanding cheques as soon as possible.
ACTION: MP to bank cheques.
Membership of board candidate
AT contacted board candidates who did not hold membership at time of last meeting.
There were no changes to the timetable.
This item was covered under 4.5, above.
This item was covered under 4.3, above.
The board discussed a communication regarding business development in camera.
The board discussed their view on the chapter-selected seats for the Wikimedia Foundation in camera.
Items in progress
AT to produce list of items currently in progress, for the information of the new board.
ACTION: AT to produce list.
The next board meeting will be held in person, at the Manchester Kro-Bar, on Sunday 26th April at 12:30 BST.