Talk:British Museum Backstage Pass
I think this is a great idea! My only problem is that I don't have a laptop! Assuming that would not be a problem, I am quite happy to:
- makes notes about possible additions to articles/new articles
- take photos as permitted
- assist any curators as possible - I have a good knowledge of policies and wiki markup.
Is it possible to have printed off some copies of relevant policies/guidelines (notability, etc)? If not, we can do this ourselves, but it might be an idea to have copies for us to be able to refer to when working with the curators, so that we can show them! Perhaps a "Book" could be created?
If I need to be contacted, you can do so either through "email user", through my talk page on Wikimedia UK (I get email notification of changes there), or on my talk page at the English Wikipedia. -- PhantomSteve (Contact Me, My Contribs) 20:10, 18 May 2010 (UTC)
- All great ideas! They would be most helpful. And yes, I will make sure to bring copies of some of the relevant policies with us to the collaboration section of the day. Witty lama 16:13, 23 May 2010 (UTC)
I have just removed myself from the attending list, unfortunately cannot make it. Thanks!
Interested but found this page too late?[edit source]
If you're interested in this event, but have discovered this page after registration closed, then please add your name below and we'll get in touch with you if the event happens again, or if we do a similar event elsewhere. Thanks. Mike Peel 21:42, 25 May 2010 (UTC)
- Peter Damian 14:47, 26 May 2010 (UTC)
- Xugglybug 13:06, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
- Kim Bruning 20:56, 30 May 2010 (UTC)
Pictures from event[edit source]
Please add pictures from the event to commons:Category:Backstage Pass at the British Museum. Thanks. Mike Peel 15:49, 4 June 2010 (UTC)
... for a great day, from me and my family.S Marshall 22:47, 4 June 2010 (UTC)
- Seconded, and I'll repeat my thanks from yesterday for all those involved, particularly the curators. However I fear that An Van Camp has forever ruined the appeal of a young lady inviting me upstairs to see her etchings, it won't be possible to match yesterday's treats!!
- Once we're done with the immediate results of the day, more general discussion of BM stuff is probably best done over on the talk page of the main wikipedia:WP:GLAM/BM page, if nothing else it's easier to track through people's mainspace watchlists. One thing I was surprised with was just how much Wikipedia can do for the BM - as long as it's done right. Le Deluge 10:44, 5 June 2010 (UTC)
Brilliant Day[edit source]
Pleased to see the BM is getting some value (I think) from the work in progress. The tour and talk easily justified the train fare etc. Well done all. Oh can anybody do some bulk loading from Flickr to Commons for me? I've found a great resource. Victuallers 17:42, 6 June 2010 (UTC)