Wikipedia and images workshop/December 2012
Summary of the event[edit | edit source]
Many Wikipedia articles lack images, even though great images are often available. This was a workshop for people who do not have much experience of editing, but would like to help. What did we learn?
- What Wikipedia's image library, Wikimedia Commons is.
- How to search for images in Wikimedia Commons
- How to add images to Wikipedia
- How to add captions and a description for blind people to images
- Projects that would benefit: Wikipedia
Attendees[edit | edit source]
If you are attending, please write your User name below - that will help us provide you with support in the future. If you don't have a user name, that's no problem, you can still attend.
Further help[edit | edit source]
Contact the trainers present on the day[edit | edit source]
Contact the Wikimedia UK office[edit | edit source]
daria.cybulskawikimedia.org.uk, 0207 065 0994