Women Archaeologists editing event at the Petrie Museum
About the event[edit | edit source]
The event will focus on editing pages of notable women archaeologists, who took part in Petrie excavations / or were involved in museum work but whose Wikipedia articles are incomplete or nonexistent.
- How do I prepare?
- Sign up for the event
- Create a Wikipedia account - en:Special:UserLogin/signup
- Bring a laptop (wi-fi will be provided), if you don't have a laptop then email jonathan.cardywikimedia.org.uk
- Learn about editing if you like: w:en:Wikipedia:Tutorial, or Getting started on Wikipedia for more information
- Alternatively print out Nefertiti, Hatshepsut, Winifred Brunton, Margaret Murray, Gertrude Caton-Thompson or Hilda Petrie, redpen the article in advance of the event and come along with a change that you would like to be shown how to make.
- Refreshments were provided
Attendees[edit | edit source]
There were 11 or 12 participants plus the two trainers.
Trainers[edit | edit source]
We will have 4-5 laptops in the main museum room on wifi.
We are expecting about 5 museum staff / volunteers and maybe 1 or 2 others to help out with public interest
Target List[edit | edit source]
- Articles we want to start
- Articles that need expansion
- Winifred Brunton
- Margaret Murray has a lengthy entry on the witchcraft stuff but very little on archaeology (her main work)
- Gertrude Caton-Thompson
- Hilda Petrie
- Potential FA
Disability[edit | edit source]
This event is wheelchair accessible. If you need a disabled parking space please contact the Petrie in advance and we will try to accommodate you.
Please tell us in advance if you need to have a hearing loop available.