Agenda for Board meeting on 13-14 July 2013 9.30am to 6pm.
For reports, see Reports 13Jul13.
- Saad Choudri (SC)
- Greyham Dawes (GD; Treasurer)
- Ashley van Haeften (Fæ)
- Chris Keating (CK; Chair)
- Michael Maggs (MM)
- Alastair McCapra (AM)
- Mike Peel (MP; Secretary, backup minutes)
- Jon Davies (JD; Chief Exec) - S and S
- Richard Symonds (Minutes) - S and S
- Stevie Benton (Comms) - Saturday
- Daria Cybulska - Sunday first item.
- Katie Chan - Sunday first item.
- Guests and observers
- Jan-Bart de Vreede (JV; WMF)
In Camera session
9.30am. There will be a brief session in camera at the beginning of the day which we will aim to conclude by 10.30am.
Board Orientation & Teambuilding
- 10.45am. Coffee and Icebreaking
- 11.00am Wikimedia Foundation, Chapters and Chapters Association: Jan-Bart de Vreede, Wikimedia Foundation Board member
- 11.30am Wikimedia UK's history, culture and values (MP)
- 11.50am Wikimedia UK Governance Review - brief summary (CK)
- 12.00pm Fundraising, Funds Dissemination - in brief (CK/JD)
- 12.15pm WMUK's Constitution, with a focus on the Finance Policy and Conflict of Interest policy
- 12.30pm Lunch
- 13.00pm Working effectively as a Board: CK (channelling Dorothy Dalton)
14.00 Board meeting
- Approval of agenda
- Declarations of Interest Relevant to Matters on the Agenda
- Chief Executive
- CE report
- Traffic light report against plan
- Risk report
- Pathways project (current situation with regards the 11 May 2013 board decisions and actions) (JD). Decision on virement.
- Chief Executive
- Treasurer's Report
- 2012-13 Report and Accounts
- Q1 Financial Report
- Audit and Risk Committee Report
Aiming for an early afternoon finish.
- Strategy update and discussion
JD to present followed by workshop.
11.45 Board meeting continues
- Apologies for absence (initially, Greyham).
- Noting WikiConference UK 2013/AGM Minutes (the board needs to be happy with these minutes, which are to be approved at the next AGM.) [MP]
- Noting Martin Poulter standing down as Associate
- QRpedia (SC)
- Wikimania 2014 (Notes on most recent meeting) (JD)
- AGM 2014 (Conference Committee/MP) - see Conference Committee recommendation
- Matters arising from staff reports;
- ODP Macrogrant and revised Macrogrant process (KC report)
- Membership Approvals issue (KB report)
- Revised expenditure proposals for outreach (DC report)
- WiR extension
- Volunteer paper
1. Committee memberships & confirmation of
2. Governance Committee report and recommendations
- Govcom current priorities
- Draft tender specification for review consultant
3. Other matters (if not included in the above items):
- Review of Governance Review recommendations & implementation
- "Officer" posts and job descriptions
- Consideration of the proposal to have Vice-Chairs for all officer posts
- Trustee responsible for staff annual reviews
- Advisory Board vs Board/Fellows and Associates (MP) (To be considered by GovCom, initial steer would be useful here. Also noting MLP's resignation.)
- Date and agenda of next meeting
- Any Other Business
- Wikimedia Chapters Association representative
- In-camera board discussion