Agenda 29Jun10/Secretary's Report
- TD, AT, MP: Update bank account signatories Doing... (awaiting Tango)
- AT & MP to talk offline about communications strategy. Carried forward
- Mike to send out the BLW evaluation email Done (Responses at )
- MP to relocate the role descriptions to a more suitable location once all are finalized. Carried forward
- MP to investigate hiring someone to organize the GLAM-WIKI event Done-ish. Discuss.
- MP to flesh out the webpage for the microgrants process. Done Microgrants
- All to work on office manager job description on the wiki. Done (Needs discussion}
- Discussion items
- Blog posts: delegate approval to two people so that they can get online quicker/in a more timely fashion?
- OpenRightsGroup video proposal: board viewpoints following from latest email reply?
- Wiki Takes Liverpool: still worth pursuing?
- Insight Radio: path forward
- Ongoing tasks
- Guardian Activate: David can go.
- Done tasks
- This website now has Vector as default.
- Have been assisting with the discussions for commons:Commons:IUCN red list - being lead by commons:User:GoEThe - which has now got the go-ahead.
- Media coverage
GLAM-WIKI event management
Most of the work involved in organising GLAM-WIKI would require knowledge of the area - both Wikimedia and the museums - so that the program could be developed, pre-seeding of attendees with appropriate information can be done, etc. This would work much better than having an event organiser for the meeting - especially if it is held at a venue like the BM, where things like the caterers etc. are already sorted out.
If Liam takes the role, he would want (NB: these are the points I remember, and my memory may be faulty; they need checking with him):
- Pre-set level of pay, for organising the conference, rather than an hourly wage: part paid at the start, the rest later.
- Budget for his travel, separate from pay (may or may not be used in its entirety depending on scholarships to events in the same period)
- Clear outline of what the conference should accomplish, its format, number of attendees, etc.
- Clear budget, including discretionary funds (e.g. for things like badges, printing, …)
- Clear ability to approach sponsors, either pre-checked by the board or with board veto afterwards
- Reporting to one (or max two) board members, rather than the entire board. (Similar to arrangement with Tango during the fundraiser)