December 2013 Photography Workshop
Wikimedia UK hosted a photography training session by User:Geni on the 10 December 2013.
Participants learned some tips for taking good photographs of objects in Museums.
This was intended for people who already have experience of uploading photographs to Wikimedia Commons but want some tips for handling common problems such as reflections from glass display cases.
User Geni also told us about some of the Photographic equipment that we have available to for volunteers to borrow.
User Deskana then told us about the new Crop tool on Commons.
WMUK office at Development house, 56-64 Leonard St, London EC2A 4LT (Old St tube) from 13:30 to 15:30 on 10 December 2013
User:Geni is a long-standing Wikimedian who used this session to share some of his experience of taking close up photographs in museums.
This event was suitable for people who have some experience of taking photographs and uploading them to Wikimedia Commons and wants some tips to improve their photography.
Presented by User:Geni Attendees:
- Jonathan Cardy (WMUK) (talk) 12:02, 26 November 2013 (UTC)
- Mrjohncummings (talk) 19:17, 26 November 2013 (UTC)
- Edwardx (talk) 14:53, 29 November 2013 (UTC)
- Deskana (talk) 16:09, 29 November 2013 (UTC)
- Julia W (talk)
- Thryduulf (talk: local | en.wp | en.wikt) 10:19, 1 December 2013 (UTC)
- Frank Schulenburg
- Chiswick Chap (talk) 10:22, 7 December 2013 (UTC)
- — RHaworth (talk · contribs) 22:09, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
- Johnbod (talk) 22:33, 9 December 2013 (UTC) (my Commons category)
After a short break we also hosted the the Wiki loves Monuments awards with Jimmy Wales.
Development house is an accessible building, please notify us in advance if you need step free access and we will make sure that the stair lift is in operation to enter the building.
We have a hearing loop available, please notify us in advance if you need it to be turned on during the event.