Medical Research Council Workshop
Content partnerships — Digital image restorations — Joint events
The Medical Research Council has called in Wikimedia UK volunteers to deliver training workshops, based on the Cancer Research UK Workshop run earlier in 2011. At these workshops, MRC-funded scientists and science communicators took their first steps contributing to Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia. The workshop was also an opportunity to discuss the big picture of what the Wikimedia projects are trying to achieve. The first of the workshops happened on 1 July 2011, the second took place on 30 November 2011.
The contact for these events in MRC is Matt Jukes. The contact in Wikimedia UK is Martin Poulter, email@example.com .
Programme[edit | edit source]
A week in advance, attendees received a welcome message inviting them to create an account on Wikipedia before the workshop, and recommending some short videos to watch to learn about Wikipedia's policies and culture
- Overview presentation (slides on Google Docs) (Martin Poulter)
- Work through training pages (Darren Logan)
- Break for lunch (provided by MRC)
- Attendees work on articles of interest, with in-person help from Wikimedians
- Afternoon coffee break + informal presentation of some other things that are useful to know (Charles Matthews)
- Close at 4pm
London, Friday 1 July 2011[edit | edit source]
Volunteers[edit | edit source]
New users[edit | edit source]
- User:Riya bathia
- User:Scooby snak
- Also attending
Articles created or edited[edit | edit source]
- User:Riya bathia examined a range of articles relating to Clinical trials. She said that the articles she looked at needed minor improvement, but were essentially complete enough to present these topics to a lay audience.
- User:Deadwood_Trail submitted Hypothermia therapy for neonatal encephalopathy to Wikipedia's Peer review process.
- Investigator's brochure
- Medical Research Council (UK)
- National Institute for Medical Research
- John Brownlee (statistician) (New article)
- John Brownlee (disambiguation page)
- Cohort study
- The Eight (disambiguation page)
- Kings Heath Park
- Duke's Meadows (New article)
- Stichleton (New article, new image uploaded)
Publicity[edit | edit source]
- Wikimedia UK Press Release: Press releases/Medical Research Council workshop