From Wikimedia UK
Jump to navigation Jump to search


[20:02] mpeel: g'evening cfp, AndrewRT
[20:03] You were granted voice by ChanServ.
[20:06] AndrewRT: hi mike
[20:23] AndrewRT: anyone heard from Mickey?
[20:23] AndrewRT: he said before he might not be able to come
[20:26] mpeel: I haven't heard anything
[20:29] cfp: hi all. i think i should be able to be here for the whole meeting providing it doesn't take forever
[20:29] cfp: do we know where ktc is
[20:29] AndrewRT: have you seen the email I sent?
[20:29] AndrewRT: he's havign trouble with his internet connection
[20:30] AndrewRT: right shall we start?
[20:30] cfp: oh i'd thought that was mickey who couldn't come for some reason
[20:30] AndrewRT: cfp? mpeel?
[20:30] cfp: yeah lets.
[20:30] AndrewRT: ok we need a chair - any volunteers?
[20:31] AndrewRT: and a minute taker
[20:31] PharosAlexandria joined the chat room.
[20:31] cfp: happy to chair
[20:31] AndrewRT: i second cfp
[20:31] AndrewRT: mpeel?
[20:31] AndrewRT: u want to minute or wnat me to do it?
[20:31] mpeel: sorry, was afk.
[20:31] mpeel: am happy to log, and to minute.
[20:31] cfp: agenda is here:
[20:31] cfp:
[20:32] AndrewRT: cheers mpeel
[20:32] AndrewRT: KTC sent his apologies to me by text
[20:32] AndrewRT: havign problems with internet connection
[20:32] cfp: no news from mickey
[20:32] AndrewRT: WarofDreams said at the last meeting he might not be able to make it
[20:32] cfp: is everyone happy with the minutes of the last meeting
[20:32] cfp: let me find the link
[20:32] cfp: one sec
[20:33] AndrewRT: I am
[20:33] AndrewRT: Have made one minor change
[20:33] cfp:
[20:33] AndrewRT:
[20:33] AndrewRT: My apologies for being late
[20:33] mpeel: all looks fine to me.
[20:34] AndrewRT: cfp happy to approve?
[20:35] cfp: yeah i'm happy with them
[20:35] cfp: just double checked
[20:35] AndrewRT: good thanks
[20:35] cfp: right matters arrising
[20:35] cfp: wikipedia loves art
[20:35] AndrewRT: Wikipedia Loves Art is me
[20:35] AndrewRT: I haven't emailed the list yet - please carry over the action
[20:35] AndrewRT: I do have one thing I'd like to bring up now if its ok
[20:35] cfp: sure
[20:36] AndrewRT: we talked about awarding prozes before
[20:36] AndrewRT: prizes
[20:36] AndrewRT: small nominal amounts
[20:36] AndrewRT: to the best contributors
[20:36] AndrewRT: Gail picked up on this when we met
[20:36] AndrewRT: as the website said we would donate a prize
[20:36] cfp: do you have some suggestions?
[20:37] PharosAlexandria: it shouldn't be hard to find a sponsor
[20:37] AndrewRT: I'd like to make a donation to Wiki UK of £50
[20:37] AndrewRT: to be used for prizes
[20:37] cfp: very generous of you
[20:37] AndrewRT: is that ok?
[20:37] AndrewRT: thought this would be easiest way to do it
[20:37] cfp: if that's coming directly from your donation i certainly have no objection
[20:37] PharosAlexandria: yes, quite generous, a sponsor wasn't hard to find at all 
[20:37] AndrewRT: spoke to KTC on the phone and he's happy in principle!
[20:38] AndrewRT: hehe
[20:38] cfp: but don't feel you are obliged to, there are perhaps other options
[20:38] cfp: one thing:
[20:38] AndrewRT: yep?
[20:38] cfp: are we sure buying prizes will count as furthering our objectives
[20:38] cfp: i imagine it's fine
[20:38] AndrewRT: good question
[20:39] cfp: but we do have legal obligations
[20:39] mpeel: it's probably better if you donate prizes, rather than money, andrew.
[20:39] AndrewRT: From the MoA:
[20:39] AndrewRT: 1. promoting freely accessible online information repositories whose content is freely and collaboratively editable;
[20:40] mpeel: or possibly avoid putting them through WMUK at all, just have them coming straight from you.
[20:40] AndrewRT: 5. ... assisting, promoting and promulgating wider participation in the creation, dissemination and expansion of information and educational resources ...
[20:41] cfp: a prize is fairly direct promotion of participation
[20:41] AndrewRT: reading thorugh (1) and (5) I am confortable providing prizes would be allowed under the Objects
[20:41] AndrewRT: would you both agree?
[20:41] mpeel: tbh, I'd recommend investigating other groups and companies as sources of prizes, rather than putting money forward yourself. it is very generous of you - but perhaps you/we could find a better use for it than prizes?
[20:41] cfp: yeah i think so. at least providing we think the prizes will generate a sufficient return in terms of people taking photos
[20:41] mpeel: that possibly counts as looking a gift horse in the mouth, though. 
[20:42] AndrewRT: personally I think this is the kind of thing that Wiki UK shoudl be doing
[20:43] AndrewRT: it's a fairly direct use of resources, appropriate as a leading body for the wikimedia community
[20:43] mpeel: OK.
[20:43] AndrewRT: not too expensive, but it gives semi-official recognition to what people have done
[20:44] cfp: ok given this financed i'm happy with it.
[20:44] AndrewRT: mpeel?
[20:44] mpeel: I'm happy.
[20:44] cfp: would it make sense to set aside a bit of your donation for promotion
[20:45] cfp: a text add in a photography mag or something
[20:45] cfp: £5'd probably cover it.
[20:45] AndrewRT: well, V&A expected about £50 for prizes - i think any promotion expenses would have to come on top
[20:45] AndrewRT: ncie idea though
[20:46] PharosAlexandria: we also discussed the 'collaboration prize'
[20:46] PharosAlexandria: where we work on articles that the winners like
[20:46] PharosAlexandria: non-monetary, of course
[20:46] AndrewRT: yes I saw that
[20:47] AndrewRT: as non-monetary Wiki UK doesn't need to be involved a such!
[20:47] AndrewRT: _as_
[20:47] AndrewRT: ok, shall we note the £50 as a decision and I'll talk to cfp abotu how to do it in practice.
[20:47] mpeel: perhaps put together a list of people willing to help with a collaboration prize on the wiki page
[20:47] mpeel: ?
[20:48] AndrewRT: i had a second point on WLA related to this
[20:48] cfp: and can i suggest we phone a few potential sponsors just to check there's no alternative to taking andrew's money
[20:48] mpeel: I can probably lend a hand with improving an article or two, although art isn't really my subject.
[20:48] AndrewRT: cheers
[20:49] AndrewRT: cfp: who could/should phone them and who would they phone?
[20:49] cfp: minute that we've agreed to spend £50 financed by andrew or other sponsors
[20:49] AndrewRT: cfp: I'm happy with that
[20:49] cfp: people to phone: camera makers? photography mags?
[20:49] mpeel: will do
[20:50] AndrewRT: cfp: who could/should phone the potential sponsors and who would they phone?
[20:50] mpeel: photography sellers, e.g. jessops, might be worth a go.
[20:50] cfp: who to do it: anyone who has time.
[20:50] AndrewRT: r u volunteering?
[20:50] AndrewRT: being the Treasurer 
[20:50] cfp: i probably should be volunteering yeah
[20:50] AndrewRT: action cfp then!
[20:50] cfp: i'm kind of busy, but well i guess if no one else wants to
[20:51] AndrewRT: well, we have me as the back up sponsor anyway if we dont find anyone else
[20:51] AndrewRT: so it's no real problem
[20:52] cfp: action me that's fine.
[20:52] cfp: what was your other point andrew
[20:52] cfp: on WLA
[20:52] AndrewRT: yes
[20:52] AndrewRT: could I arrange an IRC chat
[20:53] AndrewRT: bringing together all teh people who want to be involved in WLA
[20:53] AndrewRT: not strictly speakign WMUK business I kow
[20:53] AndrewRT: _know_
[20:53] You were promoted to operator by ChanServ.
[20:53] You made this room moderated for normal users.
[20:53] AndrewRT: but would be useful to organise here
[20:53] AndrewRT: do u want to be involved cfp?
[20:54] You were demoted from operator by ChanServ.
[20:54] AndrewRT: r u still able to get involved mpeel?
[20:54] cfp: well let me know when it's taking place
[20:55] cfp: and i'll try and be in the irc meeting. don't know if i'll be able to go to the event itself yet.
[20:55] AndrewRT: what about next Tuesday?
[20:55] AndrewRT: assuming we have the next Board in a fortnight's time
[20:55] AndrewRT: and thinking most people will be busy over new year
[20:55] cfp: ok. that should be ok as i get to oxford that day
[20:56] AndrewRT: mpeel is this good for you?
[20:56] mpeel: that's fine with me
[20:56] cfp: shall we move on to 4.2 election rules?
[20:56] cfp: draft is here
[20:56] cfp:
[20:57] AndrewRT: cheers
[20:57] AndrewRT: ok election rules
[20:57] cfp: this has been discussed on wiki and elsewhere, so i'm hoping there's nothing more to discuss on it?
[20:57] mpeel: I'm not sure that the way the document is written is correct for being rules.
[20:57] AndrewRT: I sent an email saying we shoudl formally adopt at this meeting
[20:57] cfp: does anyone have any problems with it as it is on that doc
[20:57] cfp: ahh ok. how should it be written mpeel?
[20:57] AndrewRT: given that only three of us are here now I'm wondering if it should be delayed to the next meeting anyway
[20:58] mpeel: I was expecting short, snappy sentences, along the lines of the draft membership rules at
[20:58] cfp: ok well shall we action mpeel to write an alternative draft tightening the wording?
[20:58] mpeel: I walked right into that one... d'oh.
[20:58] cfp: would you be happy with that mpeel?
[20:58] mpeel: ok
[20:59] cfp: cool thanks
[20:59] AndrewRT: ok and come back to it at next meeting then?
[20:59] mpeel: ok
[20:59] cfp: yeah.
[20:59] cfp: right 4.3, the newsletter
[20:59] cfp: let me find the link...
[21:00] mpeel: I distributed the december issue to everyone a few days ago.
[21:00] cfp:
[21:00] cfp: yup i got it, thanks a lot
[21:00] AndrewRT: Thanks to all especially WarofDreams and mpeel for this effort
[21:00] cfp: and thanks to all who contributed
[21:00] AndrewRT: looking good!
[21:00] mpeel: I was going to ask who should be sending out the email version, but I guess there's not much point discussing that without wod here.
[21:00] AndrewRT: who's done it so far?
[21:00] mpeel: you sent out the first one to the wikimediauk mailing list; I sent out the second to that, and to the other recipients.
[21:01] mpeel: it was originally going to be wod, though, if I recall correctly.
[21:01] AndrewRT: could you take an action to discuss with WarofDreams and report back to next meeting?
[21:01] mpeel: ok
[21:01] AndrewRT: cheers
[21:02] cfp: happy to move on?
[21:02] mpeel: I guess we want the january version sent out after the WMF board meeting?
[21:02] AndrewRT: when's the January newsletter due?
[21:02] AndrewRT: mpeel: yes i think so
[21:02] mpeel: so, mid-january.
[21:02] cfp: that would make sense. we should have a bank account etc by then.
[21:02] AndrewRT: Aim for about 20th Jan? Base don
[21:03] cfp: sounds reasonable.
[21:03] cfp: we'll agree more firmly at the next meeting i guess
[21:03] AndrewRT: ok
[21:04] cfp: 4.4 is account management
[21:04] cfp: which is me
[21:04] AndrewRT: had any more thoughts?
[21:04] PharosAlexandria left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[21:04] cfp: this has been curtailed somewhat by me destroying my laptop, but before i did i tried GnuCash and Microsoft's free Small Business Accounting app
[21:05] cfp: both would do the job i think.
[21:05] AndrewRT: Nearly all the accounts I deal with are just done on a spreadsheet
[21:05] AndrewRT: it works fine as long as you have less than 30,000 transactions!
[21:05] AndrewRT: not much of an audit trail though
[21:05] mpeel: I guess gnucash is the preferred option of those two, from a free software point of view?
[21:06] cfp: haha. people seemed to think that using proper accounting software was sensible for scalability etc.
[21:06] cfp: yeah, though the MS solution, was, i hate to say it, a lot easier to use
[21:06] AndrewRT: i think we should leave this up to you cfp
[21:07] AndrewRT: if you need to spend some money please bring it back to teh Board
[21:07] cfp: oh i don't think spending money on accounting software would be sensible spending at this point.
[21:07] AndrewRT: otherwise just keep up informed
[21:07] AndrewRT: _us_
[21:08] cfp: how strong feelings do people have on free as in beer software from MS versus free as in freedom software from GNU
[21:08] AndrewRT: u ok with that approach mpeel?
[21:08] AndrewRT: cfp: for me, i think you need to do what works
[21:08] cfp: mpeel's probably right
[21:08] mpeel: AndrewRT: yup.
[21:08] AndrewRT: obviously try to go free software where possible
[21:09] AndrewRT: but dont sacrifice too much to do it
[21:09] cfp: ok. well i'll aim for gnucash, but if it's really not adequate i'll come back to you
[21:09] cfp: yup ok.
[21:09] cfp: i'll report back in a fortnight
[21:09] AndrewRT: cheers
[21:09] cfp: next is treasurer's report
[21:09] mpeel: GnuCash is platform independent, which is better from my point of view, and actually counts more than free software to me.
[21:09] cfp: yeah that's a fair point.
[21:09] AndrewRT: yes true
[21:09] AndrewRT: anything to report cfp?
[21:10] cfp: nope
[21:10] AndrewRT: nothing from me either
[21:10] AndrewRT: mpeel? Membership Report?
[21:10] mpeel: nothing to report - no new membership applications.
[21:10] AndrewRT: What are we on now then?
[21:10] AndrewRT: still 11 including us 5?
[21:10] mpeel: yup
[21:11] cfp: shall we leave the timetable report again
[21:11] AndrewRT: i think so
[21:11] cfp: timetable review even
[21:11] mpeel: receipt of all applications have been acknowledged, btw.
[21:11] mpeel: * have=has
[21:11] cfp: great. thanks.
[21:11] AndrewRT: excellent thanks
[21:11] cfp: does anyone know what 9.1 is?
[21:11] AndrewRT: yes that was from me
[21:11] cfp: travel visa sponsorship?
[21:12] AndrewRT: i noticed the following on the bid page:
[21:12] AndrewRT:
[21:12] AndrewRT: "The Wikimedia UK chapter may be able to act as a sponsor if you need one in order to get a visa."
[21:13] cfp: oh yeah i just noticed that comment.
[21:13] cfp: i'd certainly support that
[21:13] AndrewRT: just had a query - are we opening ourselves up to liability issues if we sponsor someone who comes here and then goes AWOL?
[21:14] cfp: to be honest i have no idea what sponsoring entails. i'm not sure who added that comment/when
[21:14] AndrewRT_ joined the chat room.
[21:15] AndrewRT_ was granted voice by ChanServ.
[21:15] cfp: something to be investigated prior to close of bidding
[21:15] AndrewRT_: sorry dont know what happened there
[21:15] cfp: fp> to be honest i have no idea what sponsoring entails. i'm not sure who added that comment/when
[21:15] AndrewRT_: ok should we leave till closer to the time then
[21:15] AndrewRT_: thanks
[21:16] cfp: yeah remind me in a few weeks and i'll do some probing
[21:16] cfp: (thanks)
[21:16] AndrewRT_: ok
[21:16] mpeel: has there been any news yet about when bidding will formally open?
[21:16] AndrewRT_: anything else worth raising on wikimania bid?
[21:16] cfp: there was a tiny bit of discussion on it on the wikimania mailing list
[21:16] cfp: still nothing official i've seen
[21:17] AndrewRT_: mpeel:
[21:17] AndrewRT_: Bidding opens Jan 20
[21:17] cfp: draft timeline...
[21:17] mpeel: that hasn't been edited since 30 July, though.
[21:17] cfp: yeah exactly.
[21:17] AndrewRT left the chat room. (
[21:17] AndrewRT_ is now known as AndrewRT.
[21:18] AndrewRT: i liked your comment:
[21:18] AndrewRT:
[21:18] cfp: 20th august...
[21:18] cfp: god. we've all been on pause mode since then basically.
[21:19] AndrewRT: did you see this as well:
[21:19] cfp: i'm going to try to allocate a set amount of time a week on wikimania in the new year, we really need to rebuild momentum
[21:20] cfp: oh actually that reminds me
[21:20] cfp: there was some wikimania news
[21:20] AndrewRT: yeah teh chapter can really focus on it as well once the new board is elected
[21:20] AndrewRT: oh yes?
[21:20] cfp: the montpellier bid has dropped out
[21:20] AndrewRT: oh!
[21:20] cfp: and the leader is now supporting us
[21:20] cfp: see my en talk page
[21:20] mpeel: france is supporting the UK?
[21:20] AndrewRT: wow
[21:20] AndrewRT: excellent news
[21:20] cfp: apparently so.
[21:21] cfp: so some good news.
[21:21] AndrewRT: can they get involved in helping too?
[21:21] cfp: hopefully.
[21:21] AndrewRT: oh
[21:21] cfp: are we happy to move on to 11
[21:22] cfp: location of agm?
[21:22] AndrewRT: yes
[21:22] cfp: 10 sorry
[21:22] cfp: there was a sensible post to the mailing list suggesting birmingham this year
[21:22] cfp: oxford next
[21:22] cfp: i'm happy with that plan.
[21:22] AndrewRT: I said I was going to propose we decide on Birmingham (or Manchester if we cant find a venue)
[21:22] AndrewRT: get the ball rolling so we can start looking for venue(s)
[21:23] cfp: mpeel any objections to that?
[21:23] AndrewRT: however - as we are only three are we comfortable deciding today or wait till next meeting?
[21:23] mpeel: while I would be happy with either birmingham or manchester, this decision should probably be left until all of us are present.
[21:23] cfp: right ok. though this has been discussed extensively before
[21:23] AndrewRT: hmm - its the kind of thing people fall out about though!
[21:24] cfp: is someone prepared to volunteer to make some initial approaches to birmingham venues which we might be able to get free
[21:24] AndrewRT: we had someone on the email list
[21:24] cfp: i think we do need to start making such initial approaches fairly soon.
[21:24] AndrewRT: we cant' finalise anything until we know the date
[21:25] AndrewRT: which wont be before mid to end Jan
[21:25] cfp: yeah sure.
[21:25] AndrewRT: do you want to decide today so that we can make the initial approach now?
[21:25] cfp: but we can start finding dates that'd be ok with the venues
[21:26] cfp: i don't think we need to decide in order to start making initial approaches
[21:26] cfp: we'd be much better able to make a decision if we had some more concrete venues
[21:26] cfp: going afk one sec
[21:26] AndrewRT: sorry i meant: do you want to decide today on the location so that we can make the initial approach now?
[21:28] cfp: that's what i thought you meant
[21:28] AndrewRT: oh ok!
[21:28] cfp: i'm happy for us not to decide on a location today
[21:29] cfp: but we can still start making initial approaches
[21:29] AndrewRT: ok I'm happy with that
[21:29] AndrewRT: i can take an action to make approaches re Birmingham
[21:29] cfp: anyone prepared to volunteer
[21:29] AndrewRT: if you want
[21:29] cfp: great thanks andrew
[21:30] cfp: it can just be following up on that guy from the mailing list
[21:30] cfp: don't worry too much certainly.
[21:30] AndrewRT: yeah that's what I had in mind
[21:30] AndrewRT: and possibly chat onthe phoen
[21:30] cfp: right
[21:30] cfp: AOB?
[21:30] AndrewRT: none from me
[21:30] AndrewRT: oh
[21:31] AndrewRT: except one thing - i thought it was useful to have the Agenda early
[21:31] AndrewRT: gather my thoughts and focus on what the meeting needs to acheive
[21:31] mpeel: I was going to suggest that we start the motions of setting up a wiki at, but I guess that's a discussion best left for the next meeting.
[21:31] AndrewRT: we got an email from WarofDreams about that
[21:31] mpeel: same with setting up a private wiki for board member discussions/work.
[21:31] cfp: well alison seems prepared to be cooperative
[21:32] mpeel: Mickey's email was about the existing website
[21:32] mpeel: I'm suggesting a completely new one
[21:32] cfp: but once we're official we would get wmf hosting
[21:32] cfp: so it may still be sensible to wait for that
[21:32] mpeel: we don't necessarily need to wait until we're official to get wmf hosting for it.
[21:32] cfp: oh ok
[21:32] AndrewRT: really?
[21:32] AndrewRT: i suggest we do it ASAP then
[21:32] mpeel: it can just be for Wikimedia UK, of which one already exists, surely.
[21:33] AndrewRT: should someone look into this then?
[21:33] mpeel: I can investigate, and put in a request, if wanted.
[21:33] cfp: great thanks mpeel
[21:33] AndrewRT: pls thanks
[21:34] mpeel: it should definitely be hosted by WMF, then?
[21:34] AndrewRT: i think that would be best
[21:34] cfp: yeah i think so.
[21:34] cfp: several chapters are already
[21:34] mpeel: ok
[21:34] AndrewRT: no other AOB from me
[21:35] cfp: ok well i think that's it in then
[21:35] mpeel: cfp: did you ever get the email forward set up?
[21:35] cfp: same time in a fortnight
[21:35] cfp: yup
[21:35] mpeel: ok, great.
[21:35] AndrewRT: Tuesday 13th Jan
[21:35] mpeel: 13 jan is fine with me.
[21:35] mpeel: what do you think the odds of hearing back from the WMF by then are?
[21:36] cfp: for the minutes it's 9:35
[21:36] cfp: well the meeting's on the 6th or something isn't it?
[21:36] cfp: so, reasonable.
[21:36] mpeel: 9th to 11th
[21:36] AndrewRT: isn't it the 15?
[21:36] AndrewRT: oh sorry
[21:36] cfp: oh really? i might be misremembering
[21:36] AndrewRT: yeah well hopefully we will have heard back by then - good timing!
[21:37] mpeel: at least, 9-11 was what the newsletter said.
[21:37] AndrewRT: I can email the rest of teh Board if you want
[21:37] AndrewRT: mpeel: yeah i remember now
[21:37] AndrewRT: email teh rest of teh Board about the next meeting that is
[21:38] cfp: ok. thanks.
[21:38] AndrewRT: meetign closed?
[21:38] cfp: yes i think so.
[21:38] cfp: thanks all
[21:38] cfp: good night
[21:38] You were promoted to operator by ChanServ.
[21:38] AndrewRT: mpeel - are u able to come along to the wla irc?
[21:38] cfp: it's 9:38 for the minutes
[21:38] AndrewRT: cheers cfp night
[21:38] You made this room no longer moderated for normal users.


[20:24] AndrewRT: hi all
[20:25] AndrewRT: is anyone here interested in getting involved in Wikipedia Loves Art?
[20:30] PharosAlexandria joined the chat room.
[20:31] PharosAlexandria: hi folks
[20:32] mpeel: The board meeting has now started in #wikimedia-uk-board
[20:33] AndrewRT: please join us there if you want
[20:33] AndrewRT: hi Pharos!
[20:37] LoopZilla: Wikimedia Loves Art was discussed at the last Wiki Meet at Penderell's Oak. Not sure what was resolved...
[20:38] • LoopZilla loves art
[20:38] AndrewRT: good to hear
[20:38] AndrewRT: what was the general feeling?
[20:39] LoopZilla: Positive from some. Not sure myself. Suggestion to move the Wikimeet to coincide with the W Loves Art visit to the V & A...
[20:40] • LoopZilla launders cash, no questions...
[20:41] AndrewRT: yes i heard that
[20:42] AndrewRT: V&A want to do it on 1st Feb
[20:42] mpeel: just one day?
[20:42] LoopZilla: 1st Feb. Not good for me! But I am sure the rest are keen as mustard.
[20:42] PharosAlexandria: well, they can have a 'public event' on one day
[20:43] PharosAlexandria: while still being open to participants the rest of February
[20:43] PharosAlexandria: Feb 1 may just be the day they have people promoting it; correct me if I'm wrong
[20:44] PharosAlexandria: that's how we're doing it in NYC
[20:44] PharosAlexandria: so, we have a party one day, but you can participate any day that month
[20:44] PharosAlexandria: combing it with the meet makes sense to me
[20:45] LoopZilla: See
[20:45] AndrewRT: yes that's right - Feb 1 is the launch event, project to run throughout Feb
[20:45] LoopZilla: See you are the admin AndrewRT  
[20:46] AndrewRT: yes we need to discuss this later!
[20:57] PharosAlexandria: I don't know if you wanted your WLA chat to be global
[20:58] PharosAlexandria: but it would be too early in the day for me
[20:58] AndrewRT: sort of
[20:58] AndrewRT: would be very good to have you there
[20:58] PharosAlexandria: I'm not sure how many IRC nicks I know
[20:58] AndrewRT: when could you make?
[20:58] PharosAlexandria: but I'll send out an e-mail
[20:58] PharosAlexandria: holdon
[21:00] PharosAlexandria: an hour later would be a safe time
[21:00] AndrewRT: 9:30 GMT?
[21:00] PharosAlexandria: yeah
[21:01] PharosAlexandria: not sure if that would be good for other folks
[21:01] mpeel: that's pm - i.e. 21.30 GMT - not am, right?
[21:01] AndrewRT: yes pm
[21:01] AndrewRT: 2130
[21:01] PharosAlexandria: yes
[21:03] PharosAlexandria: OK, I gotta go folks
[21:03] PharosAlexandria: anything else you need to know now?
[21:03] AndrewRT: are you confirmed for next Tuesday 9:30?
[21:04] PharosAlexandria: yes
[21:04] AndrewRT: cheers! see you there!
[21:04] AndrewRT: I'll email the list as well
[21:04] PharosAlexandria: great
[21:04] PharosAlexandria left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[21:04] AndrewRT: cheers
[21:06] LoopZilla: (15-45, higher education, involvement in a non-manual job) ha!!!! I am 10 years older, and I have no "real job"!!
[21:06] mpeel: no real job? How did you manage that? Academia?
[21:08] LoopZilla: Long story...
[21:14] AndrewRT_ joined the chat room.
[21:17] AndrewRT left the chat room. (
[21:17] AndrewRT_ is now known as AndrewRT.
[21:28] AndrewRT: LoopZilla are you able to come along next Tuesday 9:30pm to sort out some things on Wikipedia Loves Art at the V&A?
[21:28] LoopZilla: No, sorry.
[21:29] • LoopZilla corrects
[21:29] LoopZilla: Yes, online at 9:30pm? Fine.
[21:29] • LoopZilla thinks...
[21:30] AndrewRT: excellent
[21:30] AndrewRT: are u able to come along on the day on teh 1st?
[21:30] LoopZilla: I am busy all day on 1st Feb.
[21:30] LoopZilla: Tuesday, 9:30pm, where?
[21:33] AndrewRT: sorry
[21:33] AndrewRT: here: irc://
[21:33] AndrewRT: think that would be easiest
[21:33] LoopZilla: OK.
[21:33] LoopZilla: I can be there.
[21:34] AndrewRT: excellent!
[21:35] LoopZilla: Tuesday 6th Jan, 2009.
[21:36] AndrewRT: yep
[21:36] • LoopZilla creates calendar entry
[21:37] cfp: 1 hour... fastest yet...
[21:37] AndrewRT: yep!
[21:37] AndrewRT: wahey!
[21:38] AndrewRT: hats off to teh chair 
[21:38] LoopZilla: That's cos you allowed most of the business to be discussed at a later meeting? 
[21:38] AndrewRT: yeah I suppose!