From Wikimedia UK
Jump to navigation Jump to search


[20:31] AndrewRT: WarofDreams has emailed his apologies
[20:32] AndrewRT: are we ready to start?
[20:33] cfp: i'm for all intents and purposes not here.
[20:33] LondonStatto joined the chat room.
[20:33] cfp: pm me if there's something i need to urgently comment on.
[20:33] AndrewRT: KTC? you about?
[20:33] mpeel_: I'm here (apparently twice), and am ready whenever.
[20:33] KTC left the chat room. ("Leaving")
[20:33] AndrewRT: welcoem Mike!
[20:34] AndrewRT: well that means we dont have quorum!
[20:34] mpeel_: KTC will hopefully return...
[20:35] KTC joined the chat room.
[20:35] KTC was granted voice by ChanServ.
[20:37] mpeel_: KTC, are you back?
[20:37] AndrewRT: KTC - how's your connection?
[20:37] KTC: yeah
[20:37] KTC: we can start unless we want to wait
[20:37] mpeel_: is WarofDreams unable to attend at all, or just late?
[20:38] AndrewRT: his email said "I may well not be
[20:38] AndrewRT: able to attend the meeting.  If possible, I will arrive when I can."
[20:38] AndrewRT: I suggest we start - mpeel you ok to minute?
[20:38] KTC: i'll manage i guess, i might need to turn off and on the modem sometime, but shld be okay for now
[20:38] mpeel_: ok
[20:38] AndrewRT: are you ok to chair KTC?
[20:40] AndrewRT: KTC?
[20:41] KTC_ joined the chat room.
[20:41] KTC_ was granted voice by ChanServ.
[20:41] mpeel_: I think that's probably a no.
[20:41] AndrewRT: KTC you back?
[20:41] KTC_: y
[20:41] AndrewRT: r u ok to chair?
[20:41] KTC_: um, i'm happy for someone else to do it if it makes things easier for everyone
[20:42] KTC left the chat room. ("Leaving")
[20:42] KTC_ is now known as KTC.
[20:42] AndrewRT: mpeel, KTC u ok if I chair?
[20:42] mpeel_: yup
[20:42] KTC: y
[20:42] AndrewRT: ok
[20:42] AndrewRT: right, lets get started
[20:43] AndrewRT: Agenda here:
[20:43] AndrewRT:
[20:43] AndrewRT: Present KTC, mpeel, AndrewRT
[20:43] AndrewRT: Apologies warofDreams
[20:43] AndrewRT: cfp sort of present...
[20:43] AndrewRT: leave you to minute that mpeel!
[20:43] mpeel_: thanks...
[20:44] AndrewRT: Minutes of last meeting here:
[20:44] AndrewRT:
[20:44] KTC: lol
[20:44] AndrewRT: I made one minor correction here:
[20:44] AndrewRT: other than that I've no comments - any comments KTC, mpeel?
[20:45] KTC: seeing i wasn't there, i can't comment
[20:45] AndrewRT: yes I suppose that's a good point!
[20:45] KTC: ur revision make sense to me tho even if i wasn't there
[20:46] mpeel_: looks fine too me
[20:46] mpeel left the chat room. (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
[20:46] cfp: seem fine
[20:46] AndrewRT: I guess we should wait till mpeel gets back
[20:46] AndrewRT: thanks cfp
[20:47] mpeel_: I'm here
[20:47] AndrewRT: hi mike - minutes ok to you?
[20:47] mpeel_: yup
[20:47] AndrewRT: thanks that's them approved nem con
[20:47] AndrewRT: matters arising
[20:48] AndrewRT: cfp: ">nothings happened with the coop still waiting. will phone again tomorrow."
[20:48] AndrewRT: if you could action cfp to follow up and look again at next meeting
[20:49] AndrewRT: 4.2 AGM Location is me
[20:49] AndrewRT: I'm afraid I haven't had time to follow this up
[20:49] AndrewRT: but it's not urgent until the date is fixed
[20:49] AndrewRT: I'll follow up on Thursday
[20:49] AndrewRT: if you could action me again
[20:49] mpeel_: ok
[20:50] AndrewRT: mpeel - for the minutes could you note cfp sent coop the agreement last Thursday, hasn't heard back
[20:50] mpeel_: ok
[20:50] cfp: tuesday
[20:50] AndrewRT: sorry, Tuesday
[20:50] cfp: (not thursday)
[20:51] AndrewRT: 4.2 AGM Location - mpeel, KTC you happy for me to follow this up this week?
[20:51] mpeel_: yup
[20:51] AndrewRT: ok
[20:51] AndrewRT: 4.3 et al.
[20:51] mpeel_: nothing has happened further with the domains
[20:52] AndrewRT: the only action was "all to edit website"
[20:52] mpeel_: I've put in a request about desysoping at
[20:52] AndrewRT: are we happy with that now or is there more stuff that needs doing?
[20:52] mpeel_: The sitenotices at the top probably shouldn't come from the WMF, but I want to investigate that some more before submitting a bug request.
[20:53] KTC left the chat room. (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
[20:53] mpeel_: lots of editing needs doing... 
[20:53] AndrewRT: anything specific that Board members need to pick up?
[20:53] mpeel_: The biggest thing that needs doing IMO is a better main page.
[20:53] mpeel_: that doesn't necessarily have to be a board member, though.
[20:54] AndrewRT: "better"?
[20:54] mpeel_: less messy
[20:54] mpeel_: more snappy
[20:54] mpeel_: preferably prettier
[20:55] AndrewRT: could you put a request onto the email list?
[20:55] AndrewRT: someone active on there may be able to do it for us
[20:55] mpeel_: sure
[20:55] AndrewRT: thanks - action mpeel to do this
[20:56] AndrewRT: on this same point, there were several points in the minutes which weren't specifically "actions"
[20:56] AndrewRT: coudl we cover those briefly too:
[20:56] AndrewRT: > An e-mail will be sent to the UK mailing list, asking any other interested individuals to apply for adminship
[20:56] AndrewRT: who was to do this?
[20:56] mpeel_: not sure
[20:56] AndrewRT: has it been done?
[20:56] mpeel_: nope
[20:57] AndrewRT: do you mind taking it as an action this time mpeel?
[20:57] mpeel_: ok
[20:57] AndrewRT: has anyone asked to be an admin?
[20:57] AndrewRT: thinking Tango42 for instance...
[20:58] AndrewRT: mpeel?
[20:58] mpeel_: we decided at the last meeting that Tango42, Majorly and Seddon should be given adminship
[20:58] mpeel_: but are waiting until bureaucrats can desysop before granting any adminship.
[20:58] AndrewRT: ah yes sorry I read it wrong
[20:59] AndrewRT: ok - the email was to invite people other than Tango42, Majorly and Seddon to apply for adminship then?
[21:00] mpeel_: yes
[21:00] AndrewRT: "MP to place Bugzilla request for bureaucrats to be given rights to de-sysop administrators."
[21:00] AndrewRT: did you say you've done that mpeel?
[21:01] mpeel_: the request has been put in, as per above, with no response yet.
[21:01] AndrewRT: do we know how long this takes?
[21:01] mpeel_: typically ~ a week, from previous requests.
[21:01] AndrewRT: ok that's good - could we action to follow up at teh next meeting then
[21:01] mpeel_: yes
[21:02] AndrewRT: ok next agenda item
[21:02] AndrewRT: i've added 4.4. AGM Tellers
[21:02] AndrewRT: wasn't down as an action but I had to follow up
[21:02] AndrewRT: just to report I've emailed Sarah and James to tell them they've been appointed tellers
[21:03] AndrewRT: I've got their phone numbers now so I'll ring them to go through any questiosn they've got with the job
[21:03] AndrewRT: could you action me in the minutes to do that mpeel?
[21:03] mpeel_: ok
[21:04] AndrewRT: 4.5 AGM Documents
[21:04] AndrewRT: "ACTION: All to contribute to documents."
[21:05] AndrewRT: Looking at the history of, nothing's really been done on that
[21:05] mpeel_: I don't think anyone's had the time this last week
[21:06] AndrewRT: no seems not
[21:06] AndrewRT: it's not the most urgent thing at the moment
[21:06] AndrewRT: shall we follow up at the next meeting?
[21:06] mpeel_: makes sense
[21:06] AndrewRT: ok
[21:07] AndrewRT: 4.6 UK Government consultation on copyright
[21:07] AndrewRT: cfp did a streling job on that
[21:07] AndrewRT: vote of thanks for that!
[21:07] mpeel_: seconded
[21:07] AndrewRT: no other actions here
[21:07] AndrewRT: 4.7 Chapters Meeting
[21:08] AndrewRT: I've emailed round about this
[21:08] mpeel_: on 4.6, the deadline has been extended, do we want to modify the document at all?
[21:08] AndrewRT: I don't think so
[21:08] mpeel_: cfp?
[21:08] AndrewRT: was there anythign you thought we wnated to add?
[21:09] AndrewRT: mpeel?
[21:09] mpeel_: I don't think we want to add anything new, it's whether any of the existing content wants refining.
[21:09] AndrewRT: well, these things are normally published
[21:10] AndrewRT: I'm not sure a "version 1" and "version 2" would look that good
[21:10] mpeel_: let's come back to this later, if cfp wants to add anything.
[21:10] AndrewRT: ok
[21:10] AndrewRT: [21:07]<AndrewRT>4.7 Chapters Meeting
[21:10] AndrewRT: [21:08]<AndrewRT>I've emailed round about this
[21:10] AndrewRT: I emailed the organiser
[21:10] AndrewRT: explained we couldn't afford to fund
[21:10] AndrewRT: they're looking to get another chapter to fund us
[21:11] AndrewRT: I've emailed the list asking for views on what to do given our AGM is pencilled in for 28 March
[21:11] AndrewRT: now, given that the bank account isn't opened yet, the timetable may slip further
[21:11] AndrewRT: so teh GAM may end up being after the chapters meeting anyway
[21:11] AndrewRT: which means the discussion is a bit moot
[21:11] AndrewRT: _the AGM_
[21:12] AndrewRT: If you're OK I'll take an action to collate responses and report back at the next meeting
[21:12] mpeel_: fine by me
[21:12] AndrewRT: ok
[21:12] AndrewRT: 4.8 LawWorks
[21:12] cfp: <mpeel_> do you want to add or modify anything with the copyright document, considering that the deadline has been extended?
[21:12] cfp: <cfp> not desperately.
[21:12] cfp: <cfp> it's up to you lot.
[21:12] cfp: <cfp> we could actually write a section on fair use and crown copyright
[21:12] cfp: <mpeel_> could you comment on this in the meeting?
[21:12] cfp: it's probably fine as it is though.
[21:13] cfp: like i said the guardian et al will be campaigning on crown copyright
[21:13] AndrewRT: I'd prefer we leave it to be honest
[21:13] AndrewRT: we've got our name out there and hopefully a seat at the table when they come to consult
[21:13] cfp: seems reasonable.
[21:13] mpeel_: ok
[21:13] AndrewRT: let's see if they approach us
[21:13] AndrewRT: (fingers crossed!)
[21:14] cfp: going back to work now sorry if that's ok
[21:14] AndrewRT: no probs cfp thanks for your contribution
[21:14] AndrewRT: 4.8 LawWorks
[21:14] AndrewRT: that was my action
[21:14] AndrewRT: apologies I haven't done anythign with this
[21:14] AndrewRT: mpeel could you carry it forward to the next meeting?
[21:14] mpeel_: ok
[21:15] AndrewRT: thanks
[21:15] AndrewRT: 5. # Sunday Times Op-Ed
[21:15] AndrewRT: mpeel I've seen some email flying around - do you want to summarise the situation for us?
[21:16] mpeel_: In the last Sunday Times, there was a piece on wikipedia
[21:16] mpeel_: which was inaccurate in a number of points
[21:17] AndrewRT: Based on an interview with Jimbo on the flagged revisions/BLP issue?
[21:17] mpeel_: yup
[21:17] mpeel_: Jimmy Wales has been in contact with the author to find out what went wrong
[21:17] mpeel_: I don't know what the conclusion with that was, though.
[21:17] mpeel_: Jay Walsh, who's in charge of PR for the WMF, emailed us to ask if we wanted to respond in place of him.
[21:17] mpeel_: seeing as it's a UK publication
[21:17] mpeel_: and the dominant audience is that of the UK...
[21:18] AndrewRT: has anyone emailed Jay back?
[21:18] mpeel_: Times article is at
[21:18] mpeel_: no, not yet
[21:18] AndrewRT: has David Gerard been involvde at all?
[21:18] mpeel_: he's been following the emails
[21:18] AndrewRT: he seemed to handle the IWF issue well
[21:18] mpeel_: hasn't said much about it though, save for pointing out the followup in the telegraph
[21:19] AndrewRT: given that most of us are v busy atm
[21:19] AndrewRT: and the Board should really be focusing on other priorities
[21:19] AndrewRT: i.e. the bank account & AGM
[21:19] mpeel_: ... see
[21:19] AndrewRT: should we ask him to follow up?
[21:20] mpeel_: Follow-up would basically consist of writing a letter to the newspaper
[21:20] mpeel_: as an editorial response
[21:20] AndrewRT: yes I think so
[21:20] AndrewRT: I think Independent also published an extended "Right of Reply"
[21:20] AndrewRT: _publishes_
[21:20] AndrewRT: maybe could go for that
[21:20] mpeel_: that would carry a lot more weight if it came from either the WMF or WMUK, compared to just a wikipedia editor.
[21:21] AndrewRT: what's better WMF or WMUK?
[21:21] mpeel_: From our point of view, probably WMUK, as it gets our name known.
[21:21] mpeel_: but WMF is better set up for tihs.
[21:21] mpeel_: I don't have the time at the moment to do much with this.
[21:21] mpeel_: I don't know if Mickey has the time or not.
[21:22] mpeel_: How about I follow up by sending an email to David and Mickey asking if they want to do anything, and if they don't then I'll bounce it back to the WMF?
[21:22] AndrewRT: I think that's a good idea
[21:23] AndrewRT: can we just run that proposal by cfp
[21:23] mpeel_: this probably counts as a decision, though, so quorate issues kick in.
[21:23] LondonStatto left the chat room. (Connection timed out)
[21:23] AndrewRT: exactly my thoughts
[21:23] cfp: ?
[21:23] AndrewRT: hi cfp
[21:23] AndrewRT: just talking about # Sunday Times Op-Ed
[21:23] mpeel_: "How about I follow up by sending an email to David and Mickey asking if they want to do anything, and if they don't then I'll bounce it back to the WMF?"
[21:24] cfp: seems reasonable
[21:24] AndrewRT: we've only got me, mpeel and you left in the meeting!
[21:24] cfp: thanks
[21:24] AndrewRT: so we need you to be quorate
[21:24] mpeel_: ok, I'll action myself to do that, then.
[21:24] AndrewRT: thanks cfp - are we ok to nudge you again if we need to?
[21:24] cfp: yup sure.
[21:24] AndrewRT: cheers
[21:24] AndrewRT: ok
[21:24] AndrewRT: 6. Newsletter
[21:25] AndrewRT: january is done
[21:25] AndrewRT: February - I can put toegther a skeleton if you want
[21:25] AndrewRT: discuss again at next meeting?
[21:26] mpeel_: ok, action to all to start work on this?
[21:26] AndrewRT: erm - would prefer to action named peoepl myself
[21:26] AndrewRT: not sure action all tends to work that well!
[21:26] AndrewRT: by all means action me
[21:26] mpeel_: ok, I'll action you.
[21:26] AndrewRT: do you want to take an action too mpeel?
[21:27] mpeel_: I think I have enough already... 
[21:27] AndrewRT: ok fine
[21:27] AndrewRT: just me to do a skeleton then
[21:27] AndrewRT: ok Treasurer's Report
[21:27] AndrewRT: anything to report cfp?
[21:28] AndrewRT: Assume no
[21:29] AndrewRT: Secretary's Report
[21:29] mpeel_: let's return to treasurer's report when cfp's available
[21:29] AndrewRT: I've covered everythign I've done under the matters arising
[21:29] AndrewRT: sure
[21:29] AndrewRT: Membership Report?
[21:29] AndrewRT: Had any more applications?
[21:29] mpeel_: 3 more applications have been received, bringing us to a total of 11.
[21:29] cfp: nothing on treasurer's report really. i presume andrew's relayed my comments on the bank
[21:29] AndrewRT: excellent
[21:30] AndrewRT: cfp - yes I have thanks for that
[21:30] AndrewRT: AndrewRT>excellent  - that was directed at mpeel!
[21:30] cfp: i did find my bus ticket from the v&a so if no one minds i'll claim for that
[21:30] AndrewRT: yes please
[21:30] mpeel_: ok
[21:30] cfp: £13 incompatible encoding
[21:30] AndrewRT: is it the chair you signs off your expenses?
[21:31] cfp: yeah i guess. we'll do all that at the agm in any case.
[21:31] AndrewRT: sure
[21:31] mpeel_: have you gotten anywhere with the accounts software?
[21:31] cfp: haven't had time to start putting them together.
[21:31] AndrewRT: ok
[21:31] cfp: they'll be done in time for them to be discussed at a meeting prior to the agm
[21:32] AndrewRT: should we list an action so we follow up at the next meeting?
[21:32] cfp: yeah keep pestering me, it wouldn't hurt.
[21:32] AndrewRT: cheers!
[21:32] AndrewRT: anything more on Tres Rep?
[21:32] cfp: nope.
[21:32] AndrewRT: mpeel?
[21:32] mpeel_: back to membership?
[21:32] AndrewRT: ok
[21:33] mpeel_: just two more things to note...
[21:33] AndrewRT: Does that mean we have 5+11 members?
[21:33] mpeel_: I need to update the application form to include gift aid and the WMUK logo, which I'll try to do sometime soon.
[21:33] AndrewRT: ok thanks
[21:33] AndrewRT: action mpeel
[21:33] mpeel_: 5 members + 11 applications
[21:33] AndrewRT: yes
[21:33] mpeel_: We were talking about starting to approve membership applications at this meeting, but I don't think we should do this without a full board being present.
[21:33] AndrewRT: your not counting me in the 11!
[21:33] AndrewRT: my thoughts exactly
[21:33] mpeel_: 12 including you. 
[21:33] AndrewRT: better to hold off till next meeting when all 5 are present
[21:33] AndrewRT: hehe
[21:34] mpeel_: I now hold £268 worth of cheques.
[21:34] AndrewRT: when do they expire?
[21:34] AndrewRT: 3 months after writing?
[21:34] mpeel_: my initial reaction is "cheques expire?"
[21:34] mpeel_: I seem to recall hearing 6 months mentioned before, though...
[21:35] AndrewRT: ok we dont have to worry yet then!
[21:35] AndrewRT: Tango42>(well 180 days, to be precise)
[21:35] mpeel_: if the bank refuses to accept them, then we just put the membership application on hold until a new cheque is received...
[21:36] AndrewRT: 10 Timetable Review
[21:36] mpeel_: hopefully the co-op will open the bank account before this becomes an issue anyhow.
[21:36] AndrewRT:
[21:36] AndrewRT: yes!
[21:36] mpeel_: Timetable's probably best left as it is for now...
[21:36] AndrewRT: "Finish opening bank account" was meant to be yesterday
[21:36] mpeel_: we're a couple of days behind with the co-op, but I don't think we can pin a better date on it really (except maybe tomorrow)
[21:37] AndrewRT: do you think we should leave as is?
[21:37] AndrewRT: or put back to, say, Friday 13th?
[21:37] mpeel_: "Timetable's probably best left as it is for now..."
[21:38] AndrewRT: ok
[21:38] AndrewRT: cant persuade you otherwise then 
[21:38] AndrewRT: 11 Wikimania bid
[21:38] AndrewRT: Is Seddon around?
[21:38] cfp: seddon's basically in charge at the moment.
[21:39] cfp: i'm swamped.
[21:39] AndrewRT: thanks
[21:39] KTC joined the chat room.
[21:39] KTC was granted voice by ChanServ.
[21:39] AndrewRT: can we voice seddon here?
[21:39] Seddon: hello
[21:39] AndrewRT: hi Seddon
[21:39] AndrewRT: how's Wikimania going?
[21:40] AndrewRT: how's the Wikimania bid going, I should say?
[21:40] AndrewRT: any news?
[21:40] Seddon: tbh the work with BT looks very promising
[21:40] AndrewRT: excellent
[21:40] Seddon: talking with jeremy he seems to think a) its very likey they will support us with the bid
[21:40] AndrewRT: presumably that bid went off to them ok?
[21:41] Seddon: and b)
[21:41] Seddon: they will be giving us money
[21:41] AndrewRT: great!
[21:41] AndrewRT: are you ok discussin gthis in public or shold we go private?
[21:41] Seddon: how much is unsure right now as iv gotta catch up with him in a weeks time
[21:41] Seddon: nono here is ok for now 
[21:41] AndrewRT: ok
[21:42] AndrewRT: is there anything else you need from the Board atm?
[21:42] Seddon: i have made other enquiries but no replies
[21:42] Seddon: yes i do
[21:42] AndrewRT: or anythign that needs work doing?
[21:42] AndrewRT: ok
[21:42] Seddon: mostly with the comms director
[21:42] AndrewRT: ?
[21:43] Seddon: i think that we need to see if we can get a little bit more coverage from bbc news website etc and national newspapers
[21:43] Seddon: even if its just at local oxford bbc level
[21:43] Seddon: its part of the criteria
[21:44] Seddon: anything would be better
[21:44] AndrewRT: mpeel - when you speak to David Gerard about the Times should we ask him to do this too?
[21:44] Seddon: but coming from the board would be better than from me
[21:44] mpeel_: I've already emailed David
[21:44] mpeel_: about the Times entry, that is.
[21:44] KTC: send periodic press release to news agence, they might write something up
[21:44] AndrewRT: yes WMUK can make it semi official
[21:44] AndrewRT: hi KTC!
[21:44] Seddon: exactly FTC
[21:44] Seddon: KTC*
[21:45] AndrewRT: mpeel do you think David would be willing to help with this too?
[21:45] LoopZilla joined the chat room.
[21:45] mpeel_: I'm not sure; I haven't got a good reading on him.
[21:46] AndrewRT: I don't really know either
[21:46] AndrewRT: shall we see how he responds to the Times thing?
[21:46] mpeel_: ok
[21:46] mpeel_: how urgent is getting publicity for wikimania?
[21:47] AndrewRT: Seddon?
[21:47] Seddon: ummmm tbh needs to be done by the end of march
[21:47] Seddon: so it can be part of the bid
[21:47] AndrewRT: ok so before the AGM
[21:48] KTC: what Tango is suggesting isn't a bad thing
[21:48] KTC: say immediately after the bank account is set up
[21:48] KTC: so we can accept members / donation
[21:48] mpeel_: Tango42: I've been thinking that a press release announcing our existence to the world would be a good first thing for the new board to do after the AGM (ie. once we're properly set up and, more importantly, can accept donations). A bit about the Wikimania bid could go in that.
[21:48] AndrewRT: yeah I agree with that
[21:48] mpeel_: (for the record)
[21:48] AndrewRT: - don't wait for AGM, just action straight after we start accepting donations
[21:49] mpeel_: has anyone here written a press release before?
[21:49] AndrewRT: I have a few times
[21:49] KTC: sortof
[21:50] AndrewRT: what's your work load like over the next few weeks mpeel?
[21:50] mpeel_: chaotic to impossible
[21:50] AndrewRT: ):
[21:50] AndrewRT:
[21:50] mpeel_: AndrewRT: could you take the lead with starting to draft this, and pulling together a list of media contacts?
[21:50] mpeel_: ... or perhaps the latter of those would be best done by wod
[21:51] AndrewRT: I could do the first
[21:51] KTC: do we want actual people contact
[21:51] KTC: or press release address
[21:51] KTC: (obviously the 1st is better)
[21:52] mpeel_: probably both
[21:52] AndrewRT: the first takes up more resource
[21:52] AndrewRT: and I think flows from the second anyway
[21:52] mpeel_: David might know some useful people to contact.
[21:52] KTC: well, the 2nd can probably be found online mostly
[21:52] AndrewRT: yes good idea - I'll contact him
[21:52] KTC: the first might need some introduction from David / Jay etc.
[21:53] AndrewRT: so - shall I take an action to draft a press release re our formation, Wikimania 2010 etc
[21:53] AndrewRT: also to contact WOD & DG regarding contacts
[21:53] AndrewRT: and report back to next meeting?
[21:53] mpeel_: sounds great. Thanks, Andrew.
[21:53] AndrewRT: I dont think we need to actualy send out anything before the next mtg
[21:54] AndrewRT: ok - Seddon thanks for all that
[21:54] AndrewRT: you happy with what the Board is proposing?
[21:54] AndrewRT: any other issues you wanted to raise?
[21:54] Seddon: sure thing, only thing left to to remind people to carry on improving the bid page 
[21:54] AndrewRT: how's that coming along?
[21:55] AndrewRT: are many people contributing?
[21:55] Seddon: its getting a little better
[21:55] AndrewRT: thats' good!
[21:55] Seddon: there isnt a huge amount of work to do tbh
[21:55] AndrewRT: let us know if we ca do anything more to help
[21:56] Seddon: sure thing
[21:56] AndrewRT: and can I say thanks again to Seddon for all his efforts with this
[21:56] AndrewRT: we really appreciate the work you've been putting in!
[21:57] AndrewRT: shall we move to 12. Any Other Business?
[21:58] AndrewRT: anything mpeel, cfp, KTC?
[21:58] mpeel_: I don't have any...
[21:58] KTC: no...
[21:59] AndrewRT: in that case, next meeting
[21:59] cfp: nope
[21:59] AndrewRT: a week or a fortnight?
[21:59] KTC: next week i say
[21:59] KTC: hoping the bank get back by then
[21:59] mpeel_: I agree with KTC.
[21:59] AndrewRT: I think everyone's very busy atm
[21:59] AndrewRT: and there's lots of actions to get through
[21:59] mpeel_: tuesday 17th february, 8.30pm?
[22:00] cfp: monday would be better.
[22:00] cfp: but tuesday's doable
[22:00] AndrewRT: I can do next Monday
[22:00] KTC: whatever
[22:00] mpeel_: monday's not ideal for me, but is doable.
[22:00] AndrewRT: although may be late - working in London that day
[22:01] AndrewRT: any idea what WOD's preference would be?
[22:01] mpeel_: phone him and ask?
[22:01] AndrewRT: ok
[22:02] AndrewRT: just spoke to mickey
[22:02] AndrewRT: he said either is fine
[22:03] AndrewRT: therefore seems Tuesday 17th Feb 8:30 is the prefered option
[22:03] AndrewRT: is that ok?
[22:03] AndrewRT: mpeel? KTC, cfp?
[22:04] mpeel_: fine by me
[22:04] AndrewRT: n/m Tuesday 17th Feb 8:30
[22:04] AndrewRT: right, meeting closed at 22:04
[22:04] AndrewRT: thanks all!
[22:04] AndrewRT: who's putting the IRCs online?
[22:04] AndrewRT: mpeel u ok to do that?
[22:05] cfp left the chat room.
[22:05] AndrewRT: mpeel_?
[22:05] mpeel_: yup; working on it...
[22:05] AndrewRT: cheers!
[22:05] AndrewRT: see you all next week then
[22:05] AndrewRT: bye
[22:05] AndrewRT left the chat room. ("ChatZilla 0.9.84 [Firefox 3.0.5/2008120122]")


[19:29] skenmy left the chat room. (
[19:29] skenmy joined the chat room.
[19:55] Tango42: So, how is everybody?
[19:56] Seddon: hungry 
[19:56] Seddon: id better get a pizza in before this meeting
[19:58] Tango42: good idea
[19:58] Tango42: I would do likewise, but I'd feel guilty having pizza two nights in a tow...
[19:58] Tango42: row
[20:10] Seddon: what times the meeting
[20:13] Tango42: 8:30, I think
[20:13] Tango42: that's what it says in the topic, too
[20:14] KTC joined the chat room.
[20:15] Tango42: hi KTC
[20:16] cfp joined the chat room.
[20:17] Tango42: hi CFP
[20:17] KTC: hi
[20:18] KTC: how you doing Tango42, up to anything intersting ? i.e. not marking 
[20:18] Tango42: While I'm not marking, that is true, more importantly I'm not writing my Masters' thesis...
[20:19] KTC: maybe u shld do some of that sometime 
[20:19] Tango42: I did a page or so yesterday...
[20:20] Tango42: And I was just thinking about what I'm going to put on the poster I have to do...
[20:20] Tango42: I'm working, just very slowly.
[20:21] Tango42: How about you? Are you avoiding doing anything interesting?
[20:22] KTC: no no, i've actually had a few very productive and educational days. like i said in my email, it feels like i'm cramming for a school / uni exam lol
[20:22] KTC: what do you know about computing programming phone / in person job interview? 
[20:28] Tango42: Not much...
[20:28] KTC: lol
[20:29] You left the chat by being disconnected from the server.
[20:30] Tango42: sleeping might not be a good approach... although that would prevent you saying anything wrong...
[20:30] Tango42: (unless you talk in your sleep)
[20:31] AndrewRT joined the chat room.
[20:33] LondonStatto joined the chat room.
[20:33] KTC: i'll be back *sigh*
[20:33] KTC left the chat room. ("Leaving")
[20:34] Tango42: Quorum is 2, isn't it?
[20:34] mpeel_: 3
[20:34] Tango42: Did you change it from the default?
[20:34] mpeel_: 50%, rounded up, no?
[20:34] LondonStatto: Andrew - did you geet my email with my phone numbers?
[20:35] Tango42: The default was a third, I think
[20:35] KTC joined the chat room.
[20:35] mpeel_: "20.6 The quorum shall be two or a majority of the Directors"
[20:35] mpeel_: ... "whichever is the greater, or such larger number as may be decided from time to time by the Directors."
[20:35] Tango42: Yeah, you changed it, I just checked.
[20:36] Tango42: anyway KTC is back, although very quiet..., so that's a quorum
[20:36] Tango42: and you can pretend cfp is here and just prod him before any votes
[20:36] • KTC put a loud speaker next to Tango42
[20:37] Tango42: Do I need a loud speaker?
[20:37] KTC: u said i was quiet, just making sure u can hear 
[20:38] Tango42: I'm not deaf... well, I wasn't until you started shouting through a loud speaker...
[20:41] KTC_ joined the chat room.
[20:42] KTC left the chat room. ("Leaving")
[20:42] Tango42: Well, I see 6 board members now, definitely a quorum!
[20:42] KTC_: lol
[20:42] KTC_ is now known as KTC.
[20:46] mpeel left the chat room. (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
[20:49] Tango42: Oh, I spotted a problem with the minutes, hang on...
[20:50] Tango42: Ah, found it - under Matters Arising - Website, the prose has an action on MP to make a bugzilla request which isn't explicitly listed as an ACTION underneath
[20:53] KTC left the chat room. (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
[20:55] mpeel_: that's not a big issue, I guess - it's been done anyway...
[20:55] Tango42: indeed
[20:55] Tango42: When I spotted it, it hadn't been done, which is why it stuck in my mind
[21:08] Tango42: With KTC gone, you're not entirely quorate now...
[21:09] AndrewRT: no I know
[21:09] AndrewRT: we haven't made any decisions whilst inquorate - just updates
[21:23] LondonStatto left the chat room. (Connection timed out)
[21:34] Tango42: I thought it was 6, although it's the bank's discretion whether to accept them after that
[21:35] Tango42: so they don't automatically expire
[21:35] Tango42: (well 180 days, to be precise)
[21:35] AndrewRT: thanks!
[21:38] Seddon: yes
[21:38] Seddon: i am
[21:38] AndrewRT: hi
[21:39] AndrewRT: could you give us an update on Wikimania?
[21:39] KTC joined the chat room.
[21:39] mpeel_: I think you can talk in #wikimedia-uk-board as it stands...
[21:39] mpeel_: let me know if you can't.
[21:45] LoopZilla joined the chat room.
[21:45] AndrewRT: Hi Gordon!
[21:45] LoopZilla: Hi Andrew!
[21:47] Tango42: I've been thinking that a press release announcing our existence to the world would be a good first thing for the new board to do after the AGM (ie. once we're properly set up and, more importantly, can accept donations). A bit about the Wikimania bid could go in that.
[21:47] AndrewRT: yeah good idea
[21:47] AndrewRT: only think is the AGM might be April
[21:48] Tango42: It would be good if we announce our existence before we start announcing other stuff, ideally... (I think we need to wait until we can accept donations before we can make best use of such an announcement)
[21:49] Tango42: KTC - good point, it doesn't need to be after the AGM, just after the things the AGM is contingent on. That gets us an extra 3 weeks, or so.
[21:53] Tango42: press releases should probably be sent to the press release address - there is a good chance they'll get lost if sent to individuals
[21:53] AndrewRT: thanks Tango42 - noted!
[21:53] mpeel_: that's why I was saying "probably both".
[21:55] Tango42: having specific contacts are certainly useful, but not really for press releases. They would be good if we want to respond to a news article, or something.
[21:56] mpeel_: I guess it's still worth sending them the press release, on the basis that they might encorporate the information into other things that they're writing?
[21:56] mpeel_: e.g. if we know people that repeatedly write about wikipedia.
[21:57] Tango42: maybe
[21:57] KTC: ... write not only negative things about wikim/pedia
[21:57] Tango42: there is probably an etiquette to these things... David might know.
[21:57] mpeel_: good point, KTC. 
[21:57] AndrewRT: yes it'd be goof to get a good news story about wp into the papers for a change!
[21:57] AndrewRT: _good_
[21:59] Tango42: We get the occasional good story, but really journalists only like writing about conflict and we try and avoid that so all that is left if internal conflict (which always gets bad articles) or a journalist ranting about how terrible we are.
[22:02] mpeel_: I guess the ideal mentions to get, then, are references...
[22:03] mpeel_: it might be fun to try to get a wikinews column in a newspaper sometime.
[22:05] cfp left the chat room.
[22:05] AndrewRT left the chat room. ("ChatZilla 0.9.84 [Firefox 3.0.5/2008120122]")
[22:06] Seddon: dont forget work on the bid page