From Wikimedia UK
Jump to navigation Jump to search


[20:25] cfp: so i guess it's just us three then?
[20:26] cfp: i'm in a pub so this may be a vaguely more pleasent meeting than usual
[20:26] AndrewRT: WOD has given apologies
[20:26] AndrewRT: any news from KTC?
[20:26] cfp: he said he wasn't coming last week
[20:27] mpeel: last week, as in earlier today?
[20:27] AndrewRT: oh yes so he did!
[20:27] AndrewRT: cfp u want to chair?
[20:27] AndrewRT: mike to minute?
[20:27] mpeel_ joined the chat room.
[20:27] mpeel_ was granted voice by ChanServ.
[20:31] mpeel_: ok
[20:32] cfp: k
[20:32] AndrewRT: i c ur message about delaying the meeting till tomorrow
[20:33] mpeel_: btw, if I go quiet, I've probably fallen asleep - long day today.
[20:33] AndrewRT: are u still wanting to do that?
[20:33] cfp: i don't mind
[20:33] cfp: we're here now we might as well continue
[20:33] cfp:
[20:34] cfp: eve
[20:34] AndrewRT: k fine
[20:34] cfp: everyone happy with last week's minutes?
[20:34] AndrewRT: yep
[20:34] mpeel_: erm... wrong link?
[20:34] mpeel_: perhaps?
[20:35] cfp: oops yeah i'd just realised that
[20:35] cfp: thanks
[20:35] cfp: seem fine to me. mpeel happy?
[20:35] mpeel_: "ACTION: MP to finalise AGM notice." doesn't seem right
[20:36] mpeel_: I had some comments, but wasn't going to finalise anything.
[20:36] mpeel_: editing...
[20:36] AndrewRT: I think it should be ACTION: MP to raise issues with AGM notice on talk page??
[20:36] mpeel_: yup, that's more accurate.
[20:37] cfp: other than that, we happy to move on?
[20:37] mpeel_: ok, I think I'm happy with
[20:37] AndrewRT: yep
[20:38] cfp: so andrew, 3.1 replacement tellers
[20:38] AndrewRT: apologies for this - only realised I had an action this evening!
[20:38] AndrewRT: well, I've emailed the list anyway
[20:38] AndrewRT: no replies as yet, please put it c/f to n/m
[20:39] Seddon joined the chat room.
[20:39] cfp: ok 3.2 booking location
[20:39] cfp: the agm i presume
[20:39] cfp: andrew?
[20:39] AndrewRT: yep
[20:39] AndrewRT: I've asked Sarah to book UMSU
[20:40] AndrewRT: as decided
[20:40] AndrewRT: she agreed to do as soon as she can
[20:40] AndrewRT: ~30 March
[20:40] AndrewRT: pls c/f to n/m for update
[20:41] cfp: we do seem to be running a bit of a risk of ending up with nothing if there's a problem then
[20:42] AndrewRT: she is very confident we'll be able to get something
[20:42] AndrewRT: at UMSU but it is a risk yes
[20:42] AndrewRT: majorly is also looking into another location for us
[20:42] cfp: do we have an emergency plan?
[20:42] cfp: ok
[20:42] mpeel_: there are lots of rooms around the university; I'm sure we can find one elsewhere if the UMSU is unavailable.
[20:42] cfp: k
[20:43] mpeel_: I _may_ be able to get a room in my building, but I'd probably have to ask the head of my department very nicely...
[20:44] AndrewRT: is that ok?
[20:44] cfp: sounds reasonable
[20:44] cfp: so i guess there's nothing else on this then
[20:44] cfp: ?
[20:44] AndrewRT: nope
[20:45] cfp: ok 3.3 bugs
[20:45] cfp: mike?
[20:45] AndrewRT: mpeel_?
[20:45] mpeel_: I haven't managed to chase the two bug reports that I filed, but I don't think either of them is particularly urgent.
[20:46] mpeel_: I'l carry forward that action...
[20:46] mpeel_: I've emailed Mike Godwin to see if any progress has been made with the domain names,
[20:46] mpeel_: but I haven't heard anything back from him yet.
[20:46] mpeel_: I only emailed him last Friday, though; will chase if I don't hear back by ~ the end of this week.
[20:46] cfp: he does sometimes need a bit of prodding in my experience
[20:47] mpeel_: I think that's all here...
[20:47] cfp: ok andrew hmcrc?
[20:47] cfp: we saw your email earlier
[20:47] AndrewRT: bad news from me I'm afraid
[20:47] cfp: doesn't sound good
[20:47] AndrewRT: yes
[20:48] AndrewRT: spoke to them on the phone today
[20:48] AndrewRT: they seem completely overwhelmed with work
[20:48] AndrewRT: taking 11 weeks to even open mail
[20:48] AndrewRT: which means they'll look at our reply in June!
[20:48] AndrewRT: We've got a few options
[20:48] AndrewRT: complain, of course
[20:49] AndrewRT: or go straight to Charities Commission to register there
[20:49] AndrewRT: last option would require £5,000 of income!
[20:49] mpeel_: could we contact james forrester and ask for his views on this?
[20:49] AndrewRT: yeah that's a good idea
[20:49] cfp: well it's probably worth while complaining first
[20:49] AndrewRT: I'll email him
[20:50] AndrewRT: ok I'll put a complaint in too
[20:50] cfp: can you not say "we've waited to be top of the queue once, we shouldn't have to wait again"
[20:50] mpeel_: is the 5k income required for registration with CC?
[20:50] cfp: yes
[20:50] AndrewRT: yes
[20:50] AndrewRT: could we get BT to put £5k in up front?
[20:50] AndrewRT: cfp - yes that'd be nice
[20:50] mpeel_: I doubt that's the best approach to take with BT.
[20:51] mpeel_: I'd expect that they'd want to wait until the bidding process has finished as a minimum
[20:51] AndrewRT: unfortunately they said they wouldn't do that
[20:51] AndrewRT: yes I meant after we'd won the bid! 
[20:51] mpeel_: then we may want to try to get them to donate equipment, rather than money, depending on the state of sponsorship...
[20:52] cfp: just checked the CIO site: "As part of the process, the Office of the Third Sector issued draft Regulations for consultation. At the same time, the Commission issued draft model constitutions for CIOs for consultation. This consultation closed on the 10 December 2008. All the consultation documents can be seen on the Office of the Third Sector’s website. The Charity Commission and the Office of the Third Sector are currently considering the incompatible encoding
[20:52] mpeel_: btw: we're already 16% of the way to 5k...
[20:52] AndrewRT: really?
[20:52] cfp: so we might know better when cio's will be available imminently
[20:52] AndrewRT: £800?
[20:53] mpeel_: erm... try again?
[20:53] cfp: who donated £500? incompatible encoding
[20:53] AndrewRT: 16% x £5k = £800
[20:53] mpeel_: ah, sorry, my bad
[20:53] mpeel_: 6%
[20:53] mpeel_: typo, sorry
[20:53] AndrewRT: hehe
[20:53] AndrewRT: why would CIOs help?
[20:53] cfp: ahh.
[20:54] cfp: there's no 5k lower limit
[20:54] AndrewRT: oh ok
[20:54] AndrewRT: well, I'll take an action to complain anyway and contact James
[20:54] AndrewRT: I'll keep you updated with how I get on
[20:55] AndrewRT: anything else on this?
[20:55] mpeel_: is it worth waiting for HMRC before having a paypal account, or should we get a regular account with them for now?
[20:55] AndrewRT: gd q
[20:56] cfp: well i'll wait to hear the result of andrew's complaint
[20:56] cfp: or at least if there's going to be an answer to the complaint any time soon
[20:56] AndrewRT: ok
[20:56] cfp: but failing those we might as well get a full rate company one
[20:56] AndrewRT: do u remember what the difference is?
[20:57] cfp: the size of the cut paypal takes
[20:57] cfp: don't remember the percentages off the top of my head, but it's fairly significant
[20:58] AndrewRT: k
[20:58] cfp: we were going to charge an extra quid to people because of the size of the difference
[20:58] mpeel_: standard fees are 3.4% + £0.20 GBP
[20:58] cfp: anyway, shall we move on
[20:58] AndrewRT: sure
[20:58] mpeel_: for < 1.5k per month
[20:58] cfp: that rings a bell
[20:59] AndrewRT: LawWorks is me
[20:59] cfp: basically nothing for charities. there's no fixed fee.
[20:59] cfp: k
[20:59] mpeel_: charity rate is  1.4% + 20p
[20:59] AndrewRT: as before, I'd like to use this if we get refused as a charity
[20:59] AndrewRT: if that's ok with everyone
[20:59] cfp: k
[20:59] AndrewRT: so c/f to n/m pls
[20:59] mpeel_: ok
[20:59] cfp: press releases?
[21:00] AndrewRT: That's me
[21:00] AndrewRT: I've started a page
[21:00] AndrewRT: which I'll work on
[21:00] cfp: k
[21:00] AndrewRT: I looked up my notes and they mentioned that it's good to have an "event" to hook on
[21:00] mpeel_: AndrewRT: can I add the bid banner to that page, and a link to the page in the banner?
[21:01] AndrewRT: I thought winning the bid would be a good "event" for this
[21:01] AndrewRT: mpeel_ sure pls do
[21:01] cfp: ok chapter grants?
[21:01] AndrewRT: what do you think Seddon
[21:02] Seddon: I need bid press releases to go out before the bidding closes
[21:02] mpeel_: ah: shouldn't the page be on meta, rather than on our site, if it's for the bid?
[21:02] AndrewRT: oh ok
[21:02] AndrewRT: I'll reword then
[21:02] • mpeel_ is getting confused with there being two copies, only one of which is up to date...
[21:02] AndrewRT: I'll move to meta
[21:03] AndrewRT: biddng closes soon yes?
[21:03] cfp: sorry i should mention that i produced a press release about us a while back
[21:03] cfp: should pay more attention
[21:03] AndrewRT: ah excellent
[21:03] cfp: let me find a link
[21:03] mpeel_: bidding closes at the end of the month, methinks
[21:03] AndrewRT: do you want to put up on the wiki?
[21:03] cfp:
[21:03] mpeel_: skenmy: 30th March closing date
[21:04] AndrewRT: thanks skenmy!
[21:04] You were promoted to operator by ChanServ.
[21:04] You made this room moderated for normal users.
[21:04] You were demoted from operator by ChanServ.
[21:04] cfp: ok chapter grants?
[21:05] AndrewRT: any response mpeel_?
[21:05] mpeel_: no change at ...
[21:06] mpeel_: It's probably worth including in the newsletter, if it's not in there already.
[21:06] mpeel_: hopefully that will drum up some interest
[21:06] cfp: just going to get another drink at the bar
[21:06] cfp: brb
[21:06] AndrewRT: well i guess leave on agenda till 7 April but likelihood is no-one will come forward
[21:06] mpeel_: I remain hopeful...
[21:07] AndrewRT: where would it go in
[21:07] cfp: back
[21:07] AndrewRT: new section in newsletter?
[21:07] mpeel_: new section, probably after the wikimania bid
[21:08] mpeel_: I probably won't be able to put anything coherent together until tomorrow evening, though.
[21:08] AndrewRT: I've added a new section in
[21:09] cfp: shall we delegate it to someone wod/ktc as punishment for non-attendance
[21:09] AndrewRT:
[21:10] cfp: ok 3.8 chapter board members
[21:10] AndrewRT: I sent them an email with our suggestions
[21:10] mpeel_: erm... huh?
[21:10] cfp: our first choice was everyone else's. are we all happy to stick with our second choice from last week
[21:10] AndrewRT: mpeel_?
[21:10] mpeel_: ah - Chapter's selection of WMF board members
[21:10] cfp: i don't see why we wouldn't be
[21:10] AndrewRT: i agree
[21:10] mpeel_: I was thinking "chapter board members", yes, that's us...
[21:10] cfp: sorry did you have more to say on the alst thing?
[21:11] AndrewRT: mpeel_?
[21:11] mpeel_: sticking with second choice makes sense
[21:11] cfp: mpeel?
[21:11] cfp: k
[21:11] cfp: newsletter
[21:11] mpeel_: nothing more to say, was just confused about what the item was about.
[21:12] cfp: anything else? what's the WLA section? have the winners been announced andrew?
[21:12] AndrewRT: well, it was an action
[21:12] AndrewRT: no - I've asked but they haven't got back to me
[21:12] AndrewRT: annoying - I'll chase again - please action me
[21:13] AndrewRT: "MC to write News Coverage, AT to write Wikipedia Loves Art, MP to write Chapter Formation, Seddon to write Oxford Wikimania bid section."
[21:13] cfp: ok well everyone knows what they have to do then i guess?
[21:13] AndrewRT: Seddon u still ok to do Wikimania section?
[21:14] AndrewRT: MP you still on with chapter formation?
[21:15] mpeel_: I'll try to give it a go tomorrow eve
[21:15] mpeel_: am crazy busy at the moment, though, I'm afraid...
[21:15] AndrewRT: thanks
[21:15] mpeel_: when is it going out?
[21:16] AndrewRT: well we originally said 16th March - i.e. today
[21:16] AndrewRT: I suggest after the AGM notice is sent out
[21:16] cfp: seems sensible
[21:17] cfp: ok to move on?
[21:17] AndrewRT: yes pls
[21:17] mpeel_: ok
[21:17] cfp: bank account: not sure there's much else for me to report. we have a bank statement now
[21:17] AndrewRT: we have teh transaction list now?
[21:17] AndrewRT: so we know whose cheques have bounced 
[21:18] cfp: yup that's working
[21:18] cfp: but it's only for transactions after i first logged in
[21:18] cfp: and it doesn't seem to have that much detail on.
[21:18] AndrewRT: ok
[21:19] cfp: anyone have any questions?
[21:19] mpeel_: is it possible for the rest of us to have online access to the bank account, to view transactions only?
[21:19] mpeel_: or is it a single login and no restriction options?
[21:19] cfp: mpeel i didn't request that paying in book for you, i was retarded. will add it to my calendar now.
[21:19] cfp: i'll investigate
[21:19] mpeel_: thanks for both
[21:19] cfp: i could potentially just share my login details
[21:19] mpeel_: using the pay-in slips available in the bank seems to work ok atm anyhow.
[21:20] AndrewRT: only really mike and tom who need access
[21:20] mpeel_: it would be better if we had seperate login details, for accountability.
[21:21] cfp: yeah seems reasonable
[21:21] cfp: sharing might work as a temporary solution though
[21:21] cfp: but if we're going to do that we should work out some secure communications method
[21:21] cfp: any other questions on this?
[21:21] mpeel_: true
[21:21] AndrewRT: not from me
[21:21] mpeel_: any luck with the software?
[21:22] cfp: again haven't had time for it. final meeting with my supervisors is friday then i promise i'll get on it
[21:22] AndrewRT: no probs
[21:23] mpeel_: ok
[21:23] mpeel_: no more questions from me. 
[21:23] AndrewRT: Membership Drive - I've sent an email out from teh facebook group
[21:23] AndrewRT: nine people have confirmed attendence already
[21:23] AndrewRT: including Jimmy Wales
[21:23] • mpeel_ is confused as to why this is here, rather than later...
[21:24] mpeel_: Jimmy's coming to the AGM?
[21:24] AndrewRT: it was an action for you
[21:24] AndrewRT: apparantly so!
[21:24] AndrewRT: >> MP set up Membership/Drive to launch discussion on how best to promote membership.
[21:24] mpeel_: ah, sorry, I thought we'd gone into section 4.
[21:24] AndrewRT: I'll check it with him thoug!
[21:25] AndrewRT: on this action - the page is all set up and open for suggestion!
[21:25] AndrewRT: Treasurer's Report?
[21:26] mpeel_: I'll start following through some of the suggestions when I have the time...
[21:26] mpeel_: (with membership/drive, that is)
[21:26] AndrewRT: hehe
[21:26] AndrewRT: I've started doing some things already
[21:26] cfp: nothing to report i think
[21:26] cfp: is there anything i should have to report
[21:27] AndrewRT: dont think so
[21:27] AndrewRT: just any new donations
[21:27] AndrewRT: or expenses
[21:27] cfp: current balance is £322 incompatible encoding
[21:27] AndrewRT: how much is owed in expenses?
[21:28] cfp: haven't added up recently. less than that i'm 95% sure
[21:28] AndrewRT: ok thats good
[21:29] AndrewRT: shall i do secs report?
[21:29] cfp: yup go ahead
[21:29] AndrewRT: add to what I've already mentioned
[21:30] AndrewRT: I've responded to a couple of queries re AGM resolutions
[21:30] AndrewRT: and progress with HMRC
[21:30] AndrewRT: think I ccd the board in?
[21:30] AndrewRT: nothign too exciting!
[21:30] AndrewRT: thats it
[21:31] mpeel_: I saw the HMRC email; not sure about the AGM resolutions ones.
[21:31] mpeel_: were those on meta rather than by email?
[21:31] AndrewRT: I'll dig them out and forard them
[21:31] AndrewRT: no - on email as well as meta
[21:32] AndrewRT: any questions?
[21:32] mpeel_: ok, thanks.
[21:33] AndrewRT: onto Membership report?
[21:33] mpeel_: we now have members that aren't on the board!
[21:33] cfp: yup go ahead
[21:33] mpeel_: 10 of them!
[21:34] AndrewRT: excellent!
[21:34] AndrewRT: that all teh ones approved so far?
[21:34] mpeel_: not quite all
[21:34] AndrewRT: how many have been approved?
[21:34] mpeel_: 12
[21:34] AndrewRT: any more applications?
[21:35] mpeel_: one from the first batch hadn't sent a cheque with his application, but sent it on request. The other was approved at the last meeting. Both of their cheques are processing atm.
[21:35] mpeel_: I've received one more application.
[21:35] mpeel_: I was going to raise it for approval, but perhaps that would be best left for the next meeting?
[21:36] AndrewRT: up to you
[21:36] AndrewRT: I suggest we do it now unless it's controversial to give time to get the cheque cleared
[21:36] mpeel_: can we go in camera, then?
[21:36] AndrewRT: sure
[21:38] cfp: don't seem to be able to join the channel
[21:38] cfp: could someone invite me
[21:40] cfp: done
[21:40] AndrewRT: right
[21:41] AndrewRT: for the minutes: one more member approved subject to cheque clearing!
[21:41] cfp: wikimania
[21:41] AndrewRT: anything?
[21:41] cfp: seddon anything to report?
[21:41] mpeel_: on yes - with membership, I handed out one form at the last manchester wikimeet. Another person there commented that he'd already printed out a copy.
[21:42] AndrewRT: excellent thanks for that
[21:42] Seddon was granted voice by ChanServ.
[21:42] AndrewRT: is Seddon around?
[21:42] Seddon: ok so far we have the support of three companies. In terms of cash donation, its not a huge amount. probably only totalling a little over £5000, however im working on getting BT as a whole to sponsor
[21:42] cfp: better than nothing well done seddon
[21:43] cfp: and more than i managed
[21:43] Seddon: BT are willing to allows us hire from thier events catalogue
[21:43] AndrewRT: thanks seddon
[21:43] cfp: oh that sounds useful
[21:43] Seddon: for skenmy
[21:43] AndrewRT: presumably its all subject to winning the bid?
[21:43] cfp: do they have organisers as well they could lend us?
[21:43] Seddon: right now the donation consists of between £3000 and £5000 in money
[21:44] Seddon: the specifics will be decided upon after winning the bid
[21:44] AndrewRT: ok
[21:44] AndrewRT: when would they pay the money?
[21:44] Seddon: but on top of that there will be technical hire
[21:44] Seddon: ummmm i dont know tbh
[21:44] Seddon: again that would be dealt with after winning the bid
[21:44] AndrewRT: I'm just thinking about if it would help us get charity approval quicker!
[21:45] cfp: it'd be worth investigating if we could get staff time
[21:45] mpeel_: with hiring, is that at cost, discounted, or free?
[21:45] AndrewRT: Seddon>BT are willing to allows us hire from thier events catalogue
[21:45] Seddon: mpeel_ mostly free
[21:45] mpeel_: that's good. 
[21:46] Seddon: there are still some sections that need work on the bid page
[21:46] AndrewRT: oh
[21:46] AndrewRT: sorry didnt' realise that - thought it was all done!
[21:47] AndrewRT: which sections are still needed?
[21:48] AndrewRT: skenmy>Travel Costs is a big section that needs fleshing
[21:48] Seddon: and cost of living
[21:48] cfp: ook. is there anything else you want to mention on this?
[21:49] Seddon: mainly see what other bids in the past have done, take the best bits and insert UK information 
[21:49] AndrewRT: ok!
[21:49] Seddon: the press releases are done
[21:50] AndrewRT: excellent
[21:50] Seddon: i need as many people available at 1500 UTC on March 30
[21:50] cfp: timetable review?
[21:50] AndrewRT: have you got a copy?
[21:50] cfp: email the list nearer the time
[21:50] mpeel_: Seddon: what happens then?
[21:50] Seddon: irc public meeting with jury
[21:51] AndrewRT: we can put it in the newsletter
[21:51] AndrewRT: I'll make a note
[21:51] Seddon: Im also going to be away from saturday, and have no internet till the saturday after 
[21:51] AndrewRT: ok
[21:52] AndrewRT: anything you need someone else to cover?
[21:52] Seddon: i created a sponsorship level page
[21:53] cfp: ok shall we move on
[21:53] mpeel_: Seddon: where?
[21:53] Seddon:
[21:53] Seddon: its a working progress
[21:53] AndrewRT: Seddon is there anything else the Board can help you with?
[21:54] mpeel_: you might want to change the category...
[21:54] Seddon: ummmmmm no, i think thats it
[21:54] cfp: i presume the timetable hasn't changed?
[21:54] AndrewRT: cheers
[21:55] Seddon: cfp: i dont think so
[21:55] cfp: so the AGM
[21:55] AndrewRT: thanks for your time Seddon
[21:55] cfp: yeah thanks seddon
[21:55] AndrewRT: ok
[21:55] AndrewRT: AGM
[21:55] Seddon had voice removed by ChanServ.
[21:55] AndrewRT: Resolutions
[21:55] AndrewRT: we have six resolutions
[21:55] AndrewRT: five I've put together and one from a member - Tang42
[21:55] AndrewRT: Tango42
[21:56] cfp: brb
[21:56] AndrewRT: the Board has a choice for each resolution:
[21:56] AndrewRT: (a) recommend it is passed
[21:56] AndrewRT: (b) recommend it is voted down
[21:56] AndrewRT: (c) express no opinion on it
[21:56] AndrewRT: They're set out here:
[21:57] AndrewRT: mpeel_ any views?
[21:57] mpeel_: I'm still a bit concerned about the membership fees resolution
[21:58] AndrewRT: concerned if people vote no?
[21:58] mpeel_: Tango's suggestion at the end of looked good.
[21:58] mpeel_: "the Membership Rules should say "The membership fee will be set by an ordinary resolution at each AGM for the following year. If the meeting fails to pass such a resolution, the membership fee will remain unchanged." "
[21:58] AndrewRT: Yeah I think that's cleaner
[21:58] mpeel_: do we want to set the membership fees before approving the membership rules?
[21:59] AndrewRT: How does look?
[21:59] AndrewRT: With it like this, it may make sense to set the rules, then set the fees
[22:00] AndrewRT: shall I change it round?
[22:00] mpeel_: please
[22:01] mpeel_: that phrasing seems ok within the membership rules, but it begs the question whether we need to put forward a resolution to keep the fees at the same level.
[22:02] AndrewRT: well, I think it's good to get the members' approval for the initial level of fees
[22:02] cfp: a worthwhile gesture perhaps?
[22:02] cfp: exactly
[22:02] mpeel_: ok
[22:03] AndrewRT: shall we take each resolution in turn?
[22:03] mpeel_: btw, andrew, the link to the membership rules probably wants to be updated to the latest version.
[22:03] AndrewRT: ok done
[22:04] AndrewRT: the Board has a choice for each resolution:
[22:04] cfp: first resolution then
[22:04] AndrewRT: [21:56]<AndrewRT>(a) recommend it is passed
[22:04] AndrewRT: [21:56]<AndrewRT>(b) recommend it is voted down
[22:04] AndrewRT: [21:56]<AndrewRT>(c) express no opinion on it
[22:04] AndrewRT: Setting the maximum number of Directors to seven
[22:04] AndrewRT: suggest we recommend it
[22:04] cfp: i'd suggest we recommend all are passed
[22:05] cfp: agree
[22:05] cfp: mpeel?
[22:05] AndrewRT: ok mpeel_?
[22:05] mpeel_: I agree: recommend that all are passed, but possibly with some revisions to the membership rules.
[22:05] AndrewRT: well, I think we should try to agree the text tonight if poss
[22:06] AndrewRT: u ok with Resolution 1?
[22:06] AndrewRT: mpeel_
[22:06] cfp: i took that as a yes
[22:07] AndrewRT: presumably (2) Entrenchment of Election Rules and (3) Appointing those people elected under the Election Rules as directors are a yes too then
[22:07] cfp: yup
[22:07] mpeel_: I've just simplified, removing mention of the friends scheme. Can I suggest that we put that forward, and then have an open discussion about friends / corporate membership?
[22:07] AndrewRT: yes, good idea
[22:07] mpeel_: I'm fire with resolution 1 andrew, ditto 2 and 3.
[22:07] mpeel_: * fire = fine
[22:08] AndrewRT: and presumably now 4?
[22:08] AndrewRT: with a reference to the new Rules
[22:08] mpeel_: yup
[22:08] mpeel_: I'm also happy with 5.
[22:08] cfp: me too
[22:08] AndrewRT: I've updated
[22:09] AndrewRT: Six I'm not sure about
[22:09] mpeel_: I'd rather see that say "ordinary resolution" rather than special resolution.
[22:09] cfp: yeah actually i have some concerns with 6
[22:09] cfp: the chapter agreement will be being amended
[22:09] AndrewRT: if we need to make a minor change to the chapter agreement - say change the copyright
[22:10] AndrewRT: it means we have to go to all the trouble and expense of holding an EGM
[22:10] cfp: mike godwin has said he intends to harmonise all chapter's chapter agreements, so explicitly warned that it might change in the future
[22:10] mpeel_: can't resolutions be done by writing?
[22:10] AndrewRT: what's the chance of getting 75% of members to sign a written resolution?
[22:10] AndrewRT: I think it'd be hard to do
[22:10] mpeel_: how about going for an ordinary resolution?
[22:10] AndrewRT: mpeel_ - they can yes, but it means all 75% have to sign
[22:10] mpeel_: i.e. "The Directors may not, except with approval of the Membership by Ordinary Resolution, terminate or amend this Chapter Agreement."
[22:11] AndrewRT: OR is better, but it still means you need an AGM
[22:11] AndrewRT: or EGM
[22:11] AndrewRT: I know exactly why the resolution is proposed and the Board cant stop someone putting forward a resolution
[22:11] cfp: can we not just have "terminate" (scrap "or amend")
[22:12] mpeel_: that would seem sensible
[22:12] AndrewRT: but I'd be incliined to say the Board should either oppose it as it's now drafted
[22:12] cfp: then i'd be happy for it to require a special resolution to overturn
[22:12] mpeel_: presumably we're best off sending an email to Tango, requesting that he modify his resolution?
[22:12] cfp: yeah i agree
[22:12] AndrewRT: unfortunately Tango's not around
[22:12] AndrewRT: we can certainly ask him
[22:12] AndrewRT: what if he says no?
[22:13] cfp: then we submit a resolution with our preferred wording as an alternative
[22:13] AndrewRT: or an amendment
[22:13] cfp: yeah
[22:13] cfp: can we agree this by email tomorrow
[22:13] AndrewRT: id support a resolution that said terminate
[22:13] AndrewRT: would you mike?
[22:13] mpeel_: yes
[22:14] AndrewRT: k shall i email Tango then asking him to change his res
[22:14] AndrewRT: if he does, Board supports it
[22:14] cfp: yeah thanks andrew that sounds sensible
[22:14] AndrewRT: otherwise, Boadr proposes amendment to only "terminate"
[22:14] AndrewRT: and see what the membership thinks
[22:15] AndrewRT: how does that sound?
[22:15] mpeel_: sounds fine
[22:15] AndrewRT: do we need to involve Mickey and KTC in this or are we happy to decide this here?
[22:15] cfp: speakers?
[22:16] cfp: well give them tomorrow to complain before we send anything out
[22:16] mpeel_: I don't think they'll object, but it's worth cc-ing them on the email to tango in case.
[22:16] AndrewRT: ok
[22:16] cfp: if they have strong views we can reconvene
[22:16] AndrewRT: sure
[22:16] AndrewRT: speakers
[22:16] cfp: what's this about jimmy wales?
[22:16] AndrewRT: well, I really dont know
[22:16] AndrewRT: he's put his name down as "attending"
[22:16] AndrewRT: did he press the wrong button?
[22:16] AndrewRT: did he think it was over irc?
[22:17] AndrewRT: I'm going to msg him to check anyway
[22:17] AndrewRT: if he is, it would make sense to get him to say a few words
[22:17] AndrewRT: myabe "future role of chapters" or "future of wikipedia"
[22:18] mpeel_: I'm sure he can come up with a talk if he's appearing - he probably has several dozen stock ones...
[22:18] AndrewRT: quite!
[22:18] AndrewRT: if not, I was thinking it might be a good idea to get a crowd puller
[22:18] AndrewRT: nothing too hard to organise
[22:18] AndrewRT: someone who wouldn't mind speaking to 20 peopel
[22:18] cfp: such as?
[22:19] AndrewRT: well teh only idea on the list was someone from a free community group
[22:19] AndrewRT: ORG I think it was
[22:19] AndrewRT: if we wnat someone internally we could ask Bimmler
[22:20] mpeel_: will he be in the country then?
[22:20] AndrewRT: dont know
[22:20] AndrewRT: probably not
[22:20] AndrewRT: but he may be able to come over
[22:21] mpeel_: it might be worth asking him, then.
[22:21] mpeel_: and also looking for someone externally, if anyone's willing / has the time to do that.
[22:21] AndrewRT: >> Open Knowledge Foundation such as Rufus Pollock
[22:21] AndrewRT: was from the email to the group
[22:21] AndrewRT: are you happy if I persue people on this line?
[22:21] cfp: alright. a few people to investigate then. jimmy would obviously be best
[22:21] cfp: yup thanks andrew
[22:21] AndrewRT: yes indeed!
[22:22] AndrewRT: ok I'll do that then - pls email me if you think of anyone else!
[22:22] AndrewRT: anything else on speakers?
[22:22] cfp: don't think so
[22:22] cfp: agenda
[22:22] AndrewRT: If we can do Agenda and timing together
[22:23] AndrewRT: My thoughts were to have a "core" time - say 2-4
[22:23] AndrewRT: plus have extra optional activities earlier and later
[22:23] AndrewRT: so that this caters for people who can only pop in and also those who can make a full day of it
[22:23] cfp: as late as possible is good for the core for me. perhaps we should have one of those online polls again to vote on a time
[22:24] cfp: certainly seems sensible to have such a core though
[22:24] AndrewRT: what do you think is the most important thing then that most peopel will want to come along to?
[22:24] AndrewRT: rough Agenda here btw:
[22:24] cfp: the agm itself i presume, and the meet-up following
[22:25] cfp: unless jimmy is speaking
[22:25] mpeel_: elections, and priorities, I guess depending on speakers.
[22:25] AndrewRT: yeah makes sense
[22:25] AndrewRT: so, make that the core then?
[22:26] AndrewRT: how long do we want husting to be?
[22:26] mpeel_: we don't want the elections to start too late, as it will take the tellers time to process the results...
[22:26] cfp: talks should be first i expect
[22:26] mpeel_: if we have multiple talks, then have one earlier, one later.
[22:26] cfp: don't we want elections after the formal business
[22:27] cfp: oh i see the results are after
[22:27] cfp: that makes sense
[22:27] cfp: shove talks to the top and i'm happy with that plan as is
[22:28] AndrewRT: talks first thing?
[22:28] cfp: mpeel?
[22:28] cfp: that's what i was saying yes.
[22:28] cfp: what needs to be decided now on this
[22:28] cfp: does the agenda need to be included in the notice we send out?
[22:29] AndrewRT: not the order, just the items
[22:29] cfp: otherwise i'd suggest we delay this till we have a better idea on who the speakers are and when people will be turning up
[22:29] cfp: ok
[22:29] cfp: well all the items seems reasonable
[22:29] AndrewRT: I think we need to decide times today
[22:29] mpeel_: I don't mind where talks sit; having them in the middle makes sense if the elections need additional time, though.
[22:29] AndrewRT: how long do you think it will all take?
[22:30] cfp: counting votes won't take long
[22:30] mpeel_: it would be good if we could have ~ 5 mins to discuss membership levels, but I'm not sure where that would fit in.
[22:30] cfp: there'll only be 15 or whatever...
[22:30] cfp: in the formal discussion of that resolution i presume?
[22:30] AndrewRT: yeah resolutions I think
[22:30] mpeel_: ok.
[22:31] mpeel_: note that membership levels aren't covered by the resolutions as they stand.
[22:31] mpeel_: aside from the implicit 1 level.
[22:31] AndrewRT: no, but it could be talked about in connection to the rules resolution
[22:31] cfp: yeah well the chair can bring it up as an amendment people might want
[22:31] mpeel_: ok
[22:32] AndrewRT: so agenda generally everyone's happy
[22:32] AndrewRT: order, timing to be decided later
[22:32] mpeel_: yup
[22:32] AndrewRT: timing via a vote?
[22:32] cfp: as a time table i'd say 12 - 1, people arrive, informal discussions over lunch. 1 - 2:30 talks. 2:30 - 3:00 break. 3 - 5 core
[22:32] mpeel_: doesn't the timing need to be included in the notice?
[22:33] mpeel_: 1 1/2 hours of talks? ouch...
[22:33] AndrewRT: well, the start time does
[22:33] AndrewRT: talks including debate on priorities and hustings?
[22:33] cfp: well i didn't mean that no
[22:34] mpeel_: I'd expect ~ 30 mins per talk, at most.
[22:34] AndrewRT: ok - priorities and hustings in core then?
[22:34] AndrewRT: I like 12 - 1, people arrive, informal discussions over lunch
[22:35] mpeel_: are we going to be providing food? If not, then starting talks at 1.30 or even 2 might be a good idea, so that people can get food first.
[22:35] cfp: i don't think we should have anything people might actively want to attend before 1, and ideally nothing it's essential to attend before 3, though 2 wouldn't be too bad
[22:35] AndrewRT: I agree individual talks (presumbaly interactive with qs) 30-40 mins
[22:35] cfp: k
[22:35] AndrewRT: then coffee break
[22:35] AndrewRT: then second talk again?
[22:36] AndrewRT: mpeel_>are we going to be providing food?
[22:36] AndrewRT: I think refreshments would be a good idea
[22:36] cfp: yeah i think we can afford some bottles of water/coke and some crisps
[22:36] cfp: or some such
[22:36] AndrewRT: yeah something like that
[22:37] mpeel_: water / coke / tea / coffee and biscuits / crisps should be fine.
[22:37] mpeel_: my point was that people tend to eat a meal around midday, though...
[22:37] cfp: no i agreed with that point
[22:37] AndrewRT: I suggest we have teh report first
[22:38] AndrewRT: lots of people would be happy to miss that!
[22:38] cfp: all we have to agree now is three times
[22:38] mpeel_: I'd be inclined to say 2 - 2.45 talk, 2.45-3 break, then 3-5 core...
[22:38] AndrewRT: so it's good to have it as an optional start
[22:38] cfp: 1) the arrive for a chat
[22:38] cfp: 2) inessential things start
[22:38] cfp: 3) essential things start
[22:39] mpeel_: there should be a 4) things finish.
[22:39] cfp: so i'm happy to agree with mpeel on 2) = 2PM 3) = 3PM
[22:39] AndrewRT: thinking about it, lots of people will be travelling long ways
[22:39] AndrewRT: on trains and such like
[22:40] AndrewRT: so maybe best to start later
[22:40] AndrewRT: 1) = 1pm
[22:40] AndrewRT: 2) = 2pm
[22:40] AndrewRT: 3) = 3pm
[22:40] AndrewRT: ?
[22:40] cfp: fine
[22:40] mpeel_: ok
[22:40] AndrewRT: ok, shall I send the notice out with 1pm on it then?
[22:40] cfp: well give those 3 times
[22:41] AndrewRT: ok, sure
[22:41] mpeel_: put down an expected finish time of ~ 5pm?
[22:41] cfp: and say we'll aim to have essential things over by around 5
[22:41] cfp: but that people will be staying around for dinner after
[22:41] AndrewRT: sure
[22:41] cfp: cool
[22:41] cfp: thanks andrew
[22:41] AndrewRT: how do I put "2) inessential things start"
[22:42] cfp: haha
[22:42] mpeel_: "interesting things start"?
[22:42] AndrewRT: 2pm - Talks
[22:42] cfp: either'd be fine
[22:42] AndrewRT: 3pm - Elections
[22:42] cfp: you don't need to be too specific
[22:42] AndrewRT: ok
[22:42] AndrewRT: I'll put it around before it goes out anyway!
[22:43] mpeel_: ok
[22:43] AndrewRT: is that all ok for agenda then?
[22:43] cfp: thanks andrew
[22:43] cfp: there's one more thing in aob
[22:43] cfp: we have a teller
[22:43] cfp: see the maillist
[22:43] cfp: Hi Andrew,
[22:43] cfp:     I'd like to volunteer my services as teller for the AGM - what work will it entail me carrying out beforehand, please?
[22:43] cfp: All the best,
[22:43] cfp: James Humphreys (User:Colds7ream)
[22:44] cfp: subject to him being happy witht he work level
[22:44] cfp: are we all happy to approve him?
[22:44] cfp: i certainly am
[22:44] AndrewRT: excellent I'm happy with that
[22:44] AndrewRT: mpeel_?
[22:45] mpeel_: ok, so long as Andrew follows up and is happy that he understands and is up to the job.
[22:45] AndrewRT: yep will do
[22:45] AndrewRT: sorry I meant AGM Agenda not this meeting's agenda!
[22:45] cfp: thanks again for all your work andrew, you seem to have rather more to do than the rest of us at the moment
[22:45] AndrewRT: haha
[22:45] AndrewRT: not sure about that!
[22:45] cfp: well i think we're done anyway
[22:45] AndrewRT: everyone seems really busy!
[22:46] AndrewRT: one last thing
[22:46] cfp: tuesday next week?
[22:46] cfp: k
[22:46] AndrewRT: AGM Notice
[22:46] cfp: ?
[22:46] AndrewRT:
[22:46] AndrewRT: Needs prettying up and updating
[22:46] AndrewRT: other than that you happy for me to send it out?
[22:47] mpeel_: broadly, yes. Could you send around a tidied and updated version to the board for final approval?
[22:47] AndrewRT: yes sure
[22:47] AndrewRT: will be in a couple of days if that's ok
[22:48] cfp: just skimmed. seems good
[22:48] mpeel_: sure, thanks.
[22:48] cfp: thanks
[22:48] mpeel_: will you be sending it around to our members?
[22:48] AndrewRT: yes
[22:48] AndrewRT: plus to wiki, list
[22:48] AndrewRT: f group
[22:48] AndrewRT: fb
[22:48] mpeel_: will the AGM be open to all, or restricted to members?
[22:49] AndrewRT: i suggest open to all
[22:49] cfp: umm no reason none members can't come, just as long as the chair knows they're not members when it comes to voting
[22:49] AndrewRT: can we sign up members there?
[22:49] cfp: if they pay by cash
[22:49] mpeel_: are we able to accept cash?
[22:49] cfp: yeah
[22:49] AndrewRT: i think we should
[22:49] AndrewRT: more members the better!
[22:49] mpeel_: we need a way of giving out receipts...
[22:50] AndrewRT: yes need to sort that out beforehand
[22:50] mpeel_: open to all would be my preference too, btw.
[22:50] cfp: well a receipt can just be a signed scrap of paper. but i'll certainly knock up something more
[22:50] cfp: formal
[22:50] mpeel_: thanks cfp
[22:50] mpeel_: are we just using the facebook group to keep track of attendees, or should there be an on-wiki list?
[22:50] AndrewRT: you can get a receipt book at a newsagent
[22:51] cfp: oh that'd be easier
[22:51] AndrewRT: well, fb group was really to spread the message
[22:51] AndrewRT: do we need a list of attendees?
[22:51] cfp: we should probably set up a crude web form
[22:51] mpeel_: it would be good to know the number of attendees before the event
[22:51] AndrewRT: yeah I suppose could add to the AGM page
[22:52] AndrewRT: I'll do that (if noone else does first!)
[22:52] AndrewRT: ok AOB?
[22:53] mpeel_: I have several, I'm afraid...
[22:53] cfp: hmm i'm about to be turfed out of this pub so lets keep them quick
[22:53] AndrewRT: sure
[22:53] mpeel_: we've received a number of donations so far, but no thank you's have been sent out in reply...
[22:53] AndrewRT: are you doing this with membership?
[22:53] mpeel_: and more generally, it would be good if we had someone nominated to be in charge of donations
[22:54] mpeel_: I haven't been doing so thus far, as donations are seperate from membership
[22:54] AndrewRT: isn't that the Treasurer?
[22:54] AndrewRT:
[22:54] cfp: i'm happy to take responsibility for that
[22:54] cfp: but at the moment i don't know who's donated what
[22:54] mpeel_: that would be great
[22:54] AndrewRT: thx
[22:54] cfp: so you'll need to at least feed me the info mpeel
[22:54] mpeel_: I'll send you a list of donators/donations.
[22:54] cfp: k thanks
[22:55] mpeel_: Second was, who should be receiving standalone gift aid forms?
[22:55] mpeel_: some of them will be for membership, but in the long term they'll be for donations, so I was thinking cfp?
[22:55] cfp: fine
[22:55] mpeel_: thanks
[22:55] cfp: they just have to be filed
[22:55] cfp: you have my adress i presume?
[22:55] AndrewRT: atm
[22:55] cfp: yeah.
[22:56] cfp: holywell manor, manor road, oxford, ox1 3uh
[22:56] mpeel_: ok, thanks. Should "Wikimedia UK" be put in front of that, or just left as-is?
[22:56] cfp: be sure they're addressed to me personally else the porters will get confused
[22:56] cfp: tom holden should.
[22:56] mpeel_: ok
[22:56] cfp: thanks mpeel.
[22:57] cfp: anything else?
[22:57] mpeel_: that was all from me, thanks for your patience.
[22:57] AndrewRT: np
[22:57] cfp: andrew?
[22:57] AndrewRT: erm - next meeting we should discuss Berlin meet
[22:57] cfp: k
[22:57] AndrewRT: but nothgin else
[22:57] cfp: on tuesday i presume?
[22:57] cfp: a week?
[22:57] cfp: or two?
[22:57] mpeel_: 24 march?
[22:57] mpeel_: one week would be better
[22:57] AndrewRT: I'd prefer two
[22:57] mpeel_: considering the wikimania deadline
[22:58] AndrewRT: do we need to meet in a week?
[22:58] cfp: i don't mind
[22:58] AndrewRT: perhaps have a wikimania meet in a week
[22:58] cfp: shall we ask the others?
[22:58] cfp: k that'd be sensible
[22:58] mpeel_: ok
[22:58] AndrewRT: board meetign in a fortnight?
[22:58] cfp: cool
[22:58] cfp: see you all then.
[22:59] cfp: the bar bell's just rung, so i should be off
[22:59] AndrewRT: hehe
[22:59] AndrewRT: we back to Tuesday?
[22:59] cfp: yeah
[22:59] cfp: we alternate
[22:59] AndrewRT: Tuesday 24th Wikimania
[22:59] AndrewRT: Monday 30th Boadr
[22:59] AndrewRT: ?
[22:59] AndrewRT: both 8:30
[23:00] cfp: that'd be fine
[23:00] AndrewRT: mpeel_?
[23:00] mpeel_: ok, so long as the wikimania meeting on the 30th doesn't go on for too long...
[23:00] AndrewRT: cheers Mike, Tom then & see you next week
[23:00] AndrewRT: yeah ok
[23:01] AndrewRT: we closed?
[23:02] Topic changed to "The next Wikimedia UK board meeting will be here on Monday 30 March at 8.30pm UTC | Only board members are voiced. If you wish to make a comment, please use #wikimedia-uk. | Channel will be publicly logged during board meeting" by AndrewRT.
[23:02] mpeel_: think so...
[23:02] mpeel_: minutes are at
[23:02] AndrewRT: cheers!
[23:02] AndrewRT: bye
[23:03] mpeel_: g'night


[20:31] AndrewRT: Board meeting starting in #wikimedia-uk-board - welcome to join us there
[20:32] skenmy: way ahead of you 
[20:32] skenmy: did I miss the Oxford meeting?
[20:32] mpeel_: I don't think the oxford meeting happened
[20:32] skenmy: phew
[20:32] skenmy: right
[20:32] skenmy: board meeting
[20:32] skenmy: crack on!
[20:33] mpeel_: yes, sir! Right away, sir!
[20:33] AndrewRT: hope ur dads ok skemny
[20:33] skenmy: Much better than he was when we called the ambulance, thanks 
[20:39] Seddon joined the chat room.
[20:43] skenmy: Is this alternative location in Manchester?
[20:43] mpeel_: yup
[20:43] • skenmy nods
[20:44] AndrewRT: couldn't find a venue in Birmingham unfortunately
[20:44] skenmy: Yes, I understand that
[20:44] skenmy: I'm in Birmingham the weekend before - need a bit of variety!
[20:45] Seddon: is there wireless in UMSU?
[20:45] AndrewRT: good question
[20:47] mpeel_: I'm not sure - UoM has always been a bit flaky with wireless access.
[20:48] mpeel_: I think pay-for wireless has come into common usage on oxford road, though.
[20:51] Seddon: see now cardiff has extensive wireless 
[20:51] AndrewRT: AGM 2010?
[20:51] AndrewRT: in cardiff?
[20:52] Seddon: i think the plan is to hold it in oxford 
[20:52] skenmy: Can I ask what has been confirmed with regards to BT? Or is it a bit sketchy until after we win?
[20:52] skenmy: (if we win, that is)
[20:52] Seddon: skenmy, ill cover it later in the board meeting hopfully
[20:52] mpeel_: Seddon: AGM, not Wikimania
[20:52] mpeel_: ah, sorry, ignore that.
[20:52] Seddon: AGM
[20:52] mpeel_: both in oxford... 
[20:52] Seddon:
[20:53] AndrewRT: yeah i should have said AGM 2011
[20:53] Seddon: sounds like a plan
[21:01] skenmy: It should be noted that I have quite a lot of contacts in the press
[21:01] AndrewRT: ah excellent!
[21:02] AndrewRT: national or local?
[21:02] skenmy: from column A and column B
[21:02] skenmy: and a lot of international contacts, too
[21:03] skenmy: 30th March closing date
[21:04] cfp: seddon: remind me to send you various people's contact details since it seems i'm unlikely to contact them myself
[21:04] skenmy: I'd also like to point out that -board is -m, but not speaking there out of courtesy 
[21:04] cfp: tomorrow.
[21:04] Seddon: cfp: ok
[21:05] mpeel_: thanks for pointing that out, skenmy: fixed.
[21:06] Seddon: skenmy: Then send this to as many people as possible 
[21:06] mpeel_: anyone got an idea for a project that they'd like to develop?
[21:09] skenmy: with regards to?
[21:09] mpeel_: money may be available from the WMF for good projects
[21:09] AndrewRT: anything that needs money
[21:09] mpeel_: between 500 and 15,000 USD, depending on the scope and potential of the project.
[21:09] AndrewRT: within our objects
[21:14] Seddon: when does it need to be done by?
[21:14] cfp: seddon you ok to do wikimania section
[21:14] cfp: soon
[21:14] cfp: this week ideally
[21:14] Seddon: ill do my best, i have a very hectic week
[21:15] cfp: thanks seddon
[21:15] skenmy: woking in the education sector, i'd love to see a set of "Wikipedia in Schools" presentations around the UK
[21:16] AndrewRT: yes I agree!
[21:16] AndrewRT: perfect thing for a project
[21:16] AndrewRT: do we have someone who could lead it?
[21:17] skenmy: I would love to
[21:17] skenmy: however
[21:17] skenmy: with all that is going on right now it would be wrong of me to say I can do it.
[21:18] AndrewRT: yeah prob best to wait till after Wikimania
[21:18] AndrewRT: what about Wikimania itself?
[21:18] skenmy: i'm already enrolled as technical manager
[21:18] skenmy:
[21:18] cfp: would be a bit of a cheat
[21:20] AndrewRT: or chapter formation? get our £5k that way 
[21:23] skenmy: <3 facebook 
[21:24] • skenmy is a confirmed attendee
[21:24] AndrewRT: yeah!
[21:25] skenmy: I am all over the bloody country next month ¬_¬ incompatible encoding
[21:28] mpeel_: skenmy: I'll see you that, and raise you continental travel.
[21:28] AndrewRT: hehe
[21:28] skenmy: damn, I fold
[21:28] AndrewRT: well I'm going to London three times this week
[21:29] skenmy: how exciting
[21:29] mpeel_: why not just stay there?
[21:29] AndrewRT: yeah though hd occured to me!
[21:30] cfp: i'm debating whether i can justify to myself getting a hotel room before the agm
[21:31] AndrewRT: how long's it from Oxford?
[21:31] cfp: i guess i certainly couldn't justify putting it on expenses, it's just if i could justify it in terms of my own bank account
[21:32] mpeel_: we have a youth hostel -
[21:32] AndrewRT: I can give you a lift from Nott/Derby if that's any help
[21:33] cfp: 3 hours. i guess it's not too bad. but as i didn't wake up till about 2pm today, midday was always going to be difficult...
[21:33] AndrewRT: depends what we have at midday! we could just do optional bits then and start for real at say 1-2?
[21:34] cfp: that'd certainly be good for me
[21:35] Reedy: mine? 
[21:35] • skenmy is Member #8 
[21:36] • Reedy wonders if he is contraversial
[21:39] Seddon: this is gonna take a while
[21:39] cfp: nah
[21:39] AndrewRT: at least ten minutes to find a room!
[21:39] AndrewRT:
[21:41] skenmy: he'll need voice
[21:43] skenmy: Can you please elaborate on the BT sponsorship, if you have any further details?
[21:44] skenmy: Thanks Seddon
[21:46] skenmy: Are any other companies currently in negotiation?
[21:47] Seddon: skenmy,not atm, i have run dry
[21:47] Seddon: im hoping to get some more leads today or 2moz
[21:47] skenmy: any leads I or someone else could chase up?
[21:47] skenmy: fantastic
[21:47] skenmy: Travel Costs is a big section that needs fleshing
[21:48] skenmy: or even starting, tbh 
[21:49] AndrewRT: thanks
[21:51] skenmy: count me as available
[21:57] AndrewRT: Any strong views on
[21:58] skenmy: None.
[21:58] skenmy: {{support}} mpeel's motion
[22:00] skenmy: I must bed - night all!
[22:00] AndrewRT: thanks for coming night skenmy
[22:01] mpeel_: ditto what Andrew said. g'night, skenmy.
[22:02] AndrewRT: btw u going to stand for teh Board skenmy?
[22:03] J_Milburn joined the chat room.
[22:12] Majorly joined the chat room.
[22:47] Seddon: Jimmy wales is coming to our AGM?
[22:47] Majorly:
[22:47] mpeel_: possibly, unless it was an accidental button click...
[22:47] Majorly: sauce?
[22:48] AndrewRT: see the facebook group
[22:48] Majorly: well i was going
[22:50] AndrewRT:
[22:50] J_Milburn left the chat room. (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
[22:51] J_Milburn joined the chat room.
[23:00] AndrewRT: thanks for comign along
[23:00] AndrewRT: see you all next week!
[23:01] Topic changed to "Discussion of Wikimedia UK | Discuss the Oxford Wikimania 2010 bid in #wikimania-oxford | Bidding has started, please get to work on the bid page | Next WMUK board meeting is Monday 30 March at 8.30pm UTC in #wikimedia-uk-board | This channel will be publicly logged during board meetings | Wikimania bid meeting Tuesday 24 March at 8:30pm in #wikimania-oxford" by AndrewRT.
[23:03] AndrewRT left the chat room. ("ChatZilla 0.9.84 [Firefox 3.0.7/2009021910]")