From Wikimedia UK
Jump to navigation Jump to search


-- Restored logs by User:Skenmy
Aug 18 20:33:05 <mpeel>	hi AndrewRT, Seddon, skenmy, SteveV and zeyi - ready to start?
Aug 18 20:33:13 <Seddon>	yep
Aug 18 20:33:15 <skenmy>	when you are!
Aug 18 20:33:19 <zeyi>	yes
Aug 18 20:34:10 <SteveV>	yes
Aug 18 20:34:21 <mpeel>	great. :)
Aug 18 20:34:23 <mpeel>	there seems to be a dearth of reports - only me and Andrew have posted one on the wiki. Is everyone else happy to give one quickly in the appropriate bit of the meeting?
Aug 18 20:34:42 <AndrewRT>	sorry one sec
Aug 18 20:34:53 <AndrewRT>	just updating mine
Aug 18 20:35:04 <SteveV>	MPeel - this is because I am still unravelling my own issues with a prolonged redundancy battle with Dow Jones my employer
Aug 18 20:35:21 <AndrewRT>	i think oral reports should be fine
Aug 18 20:35:28 <SteveV>	So apart from BBC Learning Lunches contact and the press release I have nothing much to put in a report
Aug 18 20:35:49 <mpeel>	SteveV: that's understandable; we can talk about those two briefly in your reports section.
Aug 18 20:35:58 <SteveV>	Very briefly
Aug 18 20:36:00 <SteveV>	:-)
Aug 18 20:36:03 <skenmy>	My lack of report is because of exactly that - lack of things to report - hopefully this is understandable from the email I have sent to the board :)
Aug 18 20:36:34 <AndrewRT>	we starting?
Aug 18 20:36:40 <mpeel>	skenmy: yup, again something to discuss in the reports section I guess.
Aug 18 20:36:43 <mpeel>	ok, let's start
Aug 18 20:36:44 <mpeel>	1. Apologies for Absence
Aug 18 20:36:59 <mpeel>	cfp's apologized on the agenda, due to being in South Africa
Aug 18 20:37:05 <mpeel>	2. Minutes of Meeting dated 2009-08-05 - approval & actions
Aug 18 20:37:16 <mpeel>	minutes are at - is everyone happy with them?
Aug 18 20:37:49 <skenmy>	No objections here
Aug 18 20:37:51 <AndrewRT>	i'm fine with them
Aug 18 20:38:22 <zeyi>	ok for me
Aug 18 20:38:32 -->	schiste ( has joined #wikimedia-uk-board
Aug 18 20:38:35 <Seddon>	yer all good
Aug 18 20:38:38 <AndrewRT>	want me to talk through actions?
Aug 18 20:38:50 <mpeel>	I'm also happy with them.
Aug 18 20:38:52 <mpeel>	AndrewRT: please
Aug 18 20:39:04 <AndrewRT>	> 1. PW agreed to draft an email to the WMF formalising the agreement to use Wikimedia Foundation trademarks in members-only merchandising
Aug 18 20:39:18 <AndrewRT>	I've spoken with PW and we've agreed to transfer this action to me
Aug 18 20:39:33 <AndrewRT>	hope everyone's happy with this
Aug 18 20:39:39 <SteveV>	fine
Aug 18 20:40:05 <mpeel>	AndrewRT: yup. Looking forward to seeing progess with that.
Aug 18 20:40:18 <AndrewRT>	yep I'll get onto that as a priority
Aug 18 20:40:27 <AndrewRT>	should be a good way of attracting new members
Aug 18 20:40:30 <skenmy>	Appreciate the transfer :)
Aug 18 20:40:41 <AndrewRT>	> MP agreed to clarify his status on the Communications Committee.
Aug 18 20:40:52 <AndrewRT>	mike do you want to feed back what they said?
Aug 18 20:41:07 <mpeel>	I had a brief discussion in #wikimedia-internal
Aug 18 20:41:15 <mpeel>	it would take me a while to find the logs
Aug 18 20:41:32 <mpeel>	but basically, ComCom is very fuzzy in terms of membership/what it actually is.
Aug 18 20:41:49 <mpeel>	it's currently just a mailing list for discussions - no decisions or anything - so probably doesn't even count as a committee any more
Aug 18 20:42:13 <mpeel>	My status on it would either be as mailing list subscriber, or representative of Wikimedia UK
Aug 18 20:42:24 <mpeel>	so I don't think there's a conflict of interest problem present at all.
Aug 18 20:42:26 <mpeel>	<end>
Aug 18 20:42:34 <AndrewRT>	ok I'm happy with that
Aug 18 20:42:54 <AndrewRT>	we've got a further discussion on conflicts of interest policy next meeting as well
Aug 18 20:43:35 <AndrewRT>	that's all I wanted to mention on the actions - are there any questions on them?
Aug 18 20:44:17 <mpeel>	"MP agreed to follow up with Wikimedia Ukraine regarding the "uk." website conflict." - the initial follow-up is done, but there will be further discussions about this.
Aug 18 20:44:51 <AndrewRT>	shall we combine that with teh "It was agreed that we would try to move our wiki at to subject to technical feasibility re Single User Logins and hosting, with as a potential alternative. MP will investigate." action?
Aug 18 20:45:22 <mpeel>	AndrewRT: good point, I'd forgotten that action exists as well.
Aug 18 20:45:31 <mpeel>	yes, it should be merged.
Aug 18 20:46:04 <AndrewRT>	k will do
Aug 18 20:46:07 <mpeel>	I'm happy with the actions aside from that.
Aug 18 20:46:11 <AndrewRT>	& mark doing
Aug 18 20:46:29 <mpeel>	Seddon, skenmy, SteveV, zeyi - any comment on actions/minutes?
Aug 18 20:46:42 <SteveV>	none
Aug 18 20:46:51 <skenmy>	None here.
Aug 18 20:47:01 <Seddon>	nope, iv got alot of work to do
Aug 18 20:47:06 <Seddon>	on mine that is
Aug 18 20:47:18 <zeyi>	I prefer UK, as I didn't know GB's meaning before I came uk
Aug 18 20:47:20 <zeyi>	:)
Aug 18 20:47:32 <AndrewRT>	:)
Aug 18 20:48:15 <AndrewRT>	moving on mpeel?
Aug 18 20:48:55 <mpeel>	ok. 3. Matters arising - I guess none?
Aug 18 20:49:16 <mpeel>	in which case, 4. Reports (max 5 mins/ea)
Aug 18 20:49:24 <mpeel>	4.1. Secretary (AndrewRT)
Aug 18 20:49:28 <AndrewRT>
Aug 18 20:49:36 <AndrewRT>	nothing from me to discuss - any qs?
Aug 18 20:50:01 <skenmy>	nothing here
Aug 18 20:50:08 <SteveV>	no
Aug 18 20:50:43 <mpeel>	none from me
Aug 18 20:50:47 <mpeel>	thanks for the report, AndrewRT 
Aug 18 20:50:50 <zeyi>	no
Aug 18 20:51:02 <mpeel>	4.2 Treasurer (TH)
Aug 18 20:51:12 <mpeel>	no report on wiki; skipping this because he's not here.
Aug 18 20:51:18 <mpeel>	4.3 Chair (MP)
Aug 18 20:51:26 <mpeel>	my report is at
Aug 18 20:51:29 <AndrewRT>	mpeel - think we have a new member to approve
Aug 18 20:51:34 <AndrewRT>	under Treasurer's report
Aug 18 20:52:05 <mpeel>	AndrewRT: good point, but do we have a recommendation from cfp as to whether to approve or not?
Aug 18 20:52:06 <AndrewRT>	he sent an email about it
Aug 18 20:52:12 <AndrewRT>	want to take that now?
Aug 18 20:52:22 <SteveV>	I think it was 'approve' the recommend
Aug 18 20:52:50 <AndrewRT>	shall we go in camera?
Aug 18 20:52:55 <mpeel>	AndrewRT: ok
Aug 18 20:53:21 <SteveV>	no link visible
Aug 18 20:53:26 <--	mpeel has quit (Remote closed the connection)
Aug 18 20:53:32 <Seddon>	mpeel's irc just crashed
Aug 18 20:53:34 -->	mpeel (n=mpeel@wikipedia/Mike-Peel) has joined #wikimedia-uk-board
Aug 18 20:53:35 *	ChanServ gives voice to mpeel
-- End Restored logs by User:Skenmy
[20:55] Seddon: SteveV you should have recieved a PM
[20:55] Seddon: and zeyi
[20:56] zeyi: PM?
[20:56] mpeel: private message
[20:57] mpeel: check the bar at the top of your webpage if you're connected by the web client
[20:57] SteveV: no PM's
[21:03] SteveV: back
[21:03] mpeel: ... and we're back. For the minutes, we approved one new member (name to be recorded in the private minutes)
[21:03] AndrewRT: for the minutes: member number (tbc) confirmed by a majority decision subject to cheque clearing
[21:04] skenmy: Note it twice!
[21:04] AndrewRT: onto the chairs report?
[21:04] mpeel: chair's report at
[21:04] mpeel: there's one thing I want to briefly discuss
[21:04] mpeel: any questions before we discuss that?
[21:05] AndrewRT: C&binet
[21:05] AndrewRT: do you want to mention that?
[21:05] mpeel: ah, good point
[21:05] mpeel: we've been offered a free ticket to the C&binet meeting
[21:06] AndrewRT: this is a UK government led conference on the creative industries, from memory
[21:06] Seddon: definition of creative?
[21:06] mpeel: it's not quite UK government led, but it is supported by the government, and they'll be attending.
[21:06] skenmy: When is the meeting?
[21:07] skenmy: to quote
[21:07] skenmy: "C&binet is a not-for-profit network, created by the UK Government’s Department for Culture, Media and Sport to link the international creative and commercial communities to grow the global creative economy." incompatible encoding
[21:07] AndrewRT: seddon - not sure
[21:07] mpeel: "The inaugural c&binet forum event will bring together creative business leaders, government and investors from around the world to identify and support the most effective means of protecting, producing and commercialising creative work"
[21:07] mpeel: (re-typed - spelling mistakes are from me, not from them)
[21:07] Seddon: ok ill take that as music, art and written work
[21:08] AndrewRT: > Received an invitation to attend the "Pictures in Public"
[21:09] mpeel: Steve and Andrew expressed an interest in going to the C&binet meeting
[21:09] AndrewRT: presume we'll talk later about our in-person board meeting?
[21:09] skenmy: The meeting is very close to me
[21:09] mpeel: do we want to decide who should go?
[21:09] skenmy: A short hop round the M25
[21:09] mpeel: AndrewRT: yes, let's finish this first
[21:09] AndrewRT: ok
[21:10] AndrewRT: yes, I'd like to go - think it's important we make the case for copyleft/public domain works
[21:10] AndrewRT: there'll be plenty of people there pressing the case for more copyright
[21:10] SteveV: happy to defer if there is only one ticket
[21:10] AndrewRT: this is subject to our "no lobbying" restrictions of course
[21:11] AndrewRT: thanks Steve
[21:11] AndrewRT: everyone happy with me going?
[21:11] mpeel: I'm happy with that.
[21:11] SteveV: Could we ask for 2 and I'll be happy too
[21:11] SteveV:                          
[21:11] skenmy: Let's get 6 and all go!
[21:11] skenmy: *7, even
[21:11] SteveV: haha
[21:12] mpeel: I'll reply to the email, saying that we'd like Andrew to go (giving his contact details), and Steve also if a second ticket is possible.
[21:12] AndrewRT: mpeel - do you think they'd give us a second?
[21:12] AndrewRT: thanks
[21:12] mpeel: I doubt that they will give us a second
[21:12] SteveV: doubt it myself
[21:12] mpeel: given that they've been selling these tickets for £1000....
[21:12] mpeel: but it's worth a shot
[21:13] SteveV: nothing ventured nothing gained
[21:13] SteveV: can only say no
[21:13] mpeel: Pictures in Perfect: we talked about having an in-person board meeting around Oxford/London around the time of this.
[21:13] AndrewRT: i'm looking fwd to that - should be good
[21:13] mpeel: The PiP meeting is on the 10/11 September
[21:13] mpeel: me and Tom will be attending
[21:13] AndrewRT: to get together in person
[21:14] mpeel: could we meet on Saturday 12 September?
[21:14] mpeel: There's a wikimeet in London on the 13th September - there's pros and cons to having a board meeting at the same time as that.
[21:14] Seddon: I cant make any gaurentees on attendence, i may well be on a field course with University
[21:14] AndrewRT: I'm fine with that
[21:15] SteveV: that's my final Dow Jones week - no guarantees either
[21:15] KTC joined the chat room.
[21:15] mpeel: skenmy, zeyi?
[21:16] zeyi: I am trying, can't guarantee until tomorrow see my supervisor 
[21:16] skenmy: where is this?
[21:16] AndrewRT: Oxford>
[21:16] AndrewRT: ?
[21:16] mpeel: somewhere around oxford/london
[21:16] skenmy: Oxford is a tad akward
[21:16] mpeel: wherever's the easiest to get to
[21:16] skenmy: London would be better
[21:16] zeyi: Steve, your last week on Dow Jones?
[21:16] SteveV: yep
[21:17] mpeel: is it worth having a meeting if not everyone is able to attend?
[21:17] AndrewRT: not really
[21:17] AndrewRT: only if we can get a good attendence
[21:17] skenmy: would need slightly more notice for everyone to be comfortable, I think
[21:18] mpeel: is there another date that would be better, then?
[21:18] zeyi: we can discuss the time, but I like the board meeting idea anyway
[21:18] mpeel: there's no particular advantage to having it on the 12th september; the only one is that I'm already in the south.
[21:18] skenmy: Weekends are generally alright with me
[21:18] SteveV: you are in the south 10-11th
[21:18] mpeel: I plan to be in london over that weekend too
[21:18] SteveV: weekdays would work better for me
[21:19] mpeel: does anyone want to suggest a possible alternative date?
[21:19] SteveV: I'm in Oxford on 'new business' on 3rd Sept and want to return the following week
[21:20] SteveV: If I could tie it up with a Wiki meeting that would be excellent
[21:20] mpeel: wikimeets happen on the second sunday of the month, I believe
[21:21] AndrewRT: what time is thelondon wikimeet?
[21:21] mpeel: they start from 1pm
[21:21] Seddon: 1 normally
[21:21] mpeel: they normally finish by around 6pm or so
[21:21] AndrewRT: should we do sunday am?
[21:22] mpeel: can everyone get to london for sunday morning?
[21:22] KTC left the chat room. ("Leaving")
[21:22] AndrewRT: or saturday so people can stay for sunday wikimeet if they want?
[21:23] AndrewRT: mpeel do you want to talk to people offline about this?
[21:23] AndrewRT: see what you can arrange?
[21:23] mpeel: ok; I'll email around possible dates.
[21:24] martinp23_ joined the chat room.
[21:24] martinp23_ left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[21:24] AndrewRT: anything else on chairs report?
[21:24] mpeel: let's discuss the postal museum in the initatives section - this report has gone on rather too long. 
[21:25] AndrewRT: sure
[21:25] mpeel: 4.4 Initiatives (ZH) - I guess we also want to discuss later
[21:25] AndrewRT: ok
[21:25] zeyi: yes, can we discuss it later with three projects?
[21:25] mpeel: 4.5 Conferences (Seddon)
[21:25] Seddon: apologies for not having done a report
[21:26] AndrewRT: no probs
[21:26] mpeel: (back in a few minutes)
[21:26] AndrewRT: seddon - do you want to report anything verbally?
[21:26] Seddon: only 2 things
[21:27] Seddon: one, is that i cant find any instance that would allow us to get free CRB's
[21:27] Seddon: as we are not covered by any umbrella organisation
[21:27] AndrewRT: yes, that's what I expected unfortunately
[21:28] AndrewRT: the other one?
[21:28] Seddon: so its £36/£38 for an enhanced check
[21:28] AndrewRT: per person I presume
[21:28] Seddon: indeed
[21:29] Seddon: iv prepared a blog post which i sent to the UK mailing list
[21:29] Seddon: and will wait after the welcome blog is posted
[21:29] Seddon: before posting there
[21:29] AndrewRT: there are 8 volunteers on atm
[21:29] mpeel: (am back)
[21:30] AndrewRT: plus 5 board members not volunteering
[21:30] mpeel: I've added the blog to the agenda, following from initatives
[21:30] Seddon: ok cool
[21:30] AndrewRT: gives 13 in total = 13 * £38 = 494
[21:30] SteveV: did I? I cannot recall
[21:30] skenmy: AndrewRT, 13 members on the mailing list
[21:30] KTC joined the chat room.
[21:30] SteveV: happy to do so
[21:30] Seddon: oh and for everyone other than andrewrt
[21:31] AndrewRT: stevev - ur not on
[21:31] SteveV: i will fix that
[21:31] Seddon: i have been reliably informed that the continent rotation is considered the most minor criteria for wikimania
[21:31] Seddon: for future reference to any bid
[21:31] mpeel: we were talking about requesting some alterations to the division of the WMF grant - I guess that CRB checks could be added to that?
[21:31] AndrewRT: are u thinking of having a Manchester 2011 bid?
[21:31] skenmy: Seddon - Manchester 2010!
[21:32] skenmy: oh wait 
[21:32] Seddon:                          
[21:32] AndrewRT: mpeel - agree
[21:32] Seddon: i agree mpeel
[21:32] mpeel: who was going to ask for modifications?
[21:32] AndrewRT: i can do if you want
[21:32] mpeel: (I think we were also going to ask for computer -> computer+projector)
[21:32] AndrewRT: shall we discuss this with the initiatives?
[21:33] skenmy: well that budget could be slashed somewhat
[21:33] skenmy: £1,000 is a lot incompatible encoding
[21:33] mpeel: ok, let's discuss that with initiatives
[21:33] Seddon: AndrewRT, wrt to 2011, we'll see
[21:34] mpeel: anything else Seddon?
[21:34] Seddon: nope thats it
[21:34] mpeel: thanks Seddon
[21:34] mpeel: 4.6 Corporate relations (SteveV)
[21:35] AndrewRT: anything you want to mention SteveV?
[21:35] SteveV: Not much Corporate happening
[21:35] AndrewRT: BBC?
[21:35] SteveV: Hang on
[21:35] SteveV: We would be very interested in working with wikipedia and as we are a school that has a high proportion of pupils from socially deprived areas aswell as having a large special needs department are in need of any resources you could share with us.
[21:36] • skenmy raises hand
[21:36] AndrewRT: excellent
[21:36] mpeel: SteveV: who is that from?
[21:36] AndrewRT: who's that from?
[21:36] SteveV: this came in from a conversation I had been having with a school
[21:36] SteveV: teacher
[21:36] skenmy: I would absolutely love to get involved here
[21:36] AndrewRT: can you pass this on to skenmy and he can follow up & include in the schools project?
[21:36] SteveV: I'm off for the summer now and school is now not open until the last week in August, but it'd be great to hear from you
[21:36] skenmy: I know the feeling 
[21:36] SteveV: 'yes I will' - I believe this school (from memory) is in Wrexham
[21:36] skenmy: (damn teachers get it easy!)
[21:37] SteveV: I am (finally) meeting with a senior member of Seetha Kumar's team Friday morning, specifically to talk about the Wikimedia collaboration.
[21:37] AndrewRT: SteveV - what's the next move for the BBC?
[21:37] SteveV: Message from BBC
[21:37] skenmy: wrexham is in Wales...
[21:37] SteveV: Her name is Sophie Walpole and she has had dealings with the 1.0 board a few years ago.
[21:38] SteveV: This is the latest from the BBC
[21:38] SteveV: plus a thank you for sending a token of thanks for SB speaking at the last AGM
[21:38] AndrewRT: Seetha Kumar = BBC? excellent news
[21:38] Seddon: ahhhh good, glad he got it
[21:38] mpeel: Sophie Walpole is the teacher?
[21:39] SteveV: No - Sophie Walpole is Beeb
[21:39] Seddon: i just need to get one more confirmation
[21:39] AndrewRT: SteveV - do you want anyone else to meet with you or prefer to do solo?
[21:40] SteveV: No hang on again
[21:40] SteveV: Need to find out how SB's meeting went
[21:40] SteveV: than we can proceed
[21:40] AndrewRT: thanks SteveV
[21:40] SteveV: then maybe we can 'double up' and meet them
[21:40] zeyi: do we have a timepoint to expect the response from BBC?
[21:41] SteveV: no they have been slow and vague to date - no reason to expect this to speed up
[21:41] AndrewRT: zeyi - SteveV is meeting with them Friday
[21:41] SteveV: no I am not
[21:41] SteveV: SB is meeting last friday with Sophie Walpole
[21:41] AndrewRT: > SteveV>I am (finally) meeting with a senior member of Seetha Kumar's team Friday morning,
[21:41] SteveV: I do not know the result
[21:41] mpeel: SteveV: this is all getting very confusing. Could you write this all down in an email, please, rather than us trying to discuss it here?
[21:42] SteveV: I was cutting and pasting the SB mail
[21:42] SteveV: OK
[21:42] AndrewRT: might be easier if you put quotes in ""
[21:42] mpeel: thanks SteveV
[21:42] zeyi: thanks, Steve
[21:42] SteveV: simply put - SB is talking internally to key people about a Wikipedia initiative
[21:42] AndrewRT: great- can I chat with you about this offline steveV?
[21:43] SteveV: we will know soon what happened and what the next step might be
[21:43] SteveV: AndrewRT - yes
[21:43] mpeel: Moving on. 4.7 Volunteers report (skenmy)
[21:43] AndrewRT: thx
[21:43] skenmy: Apologise for no report from me
[21:43] AndrewRT: anything to report?
[21:43] Seddon: SteveV: Ill talk to you later this week, I have some people from the beeb to get you in contact with
[21:43] skenmy: That's primaily because there is nothing to report! I do, however, have some progress on the Schools Project - which can be discussed further down
[21:44] mpeel: 5. Charity Commission application (AndrewRT)
[21:44] AndrewRT: ok
[21:44] AndrewRT: heers' a recap:
[21:44] AndrewRT: the wording of teh aplication is essentially complete
[21:44] AndrewRT: SteveV>I am (finally) meeting with a senior member of Seetha Kumar's team Friday morning,
[21:44] AndrewRT: SteveV>I am (finally) meeting with a senior member of Seetha Kumar's team Friday morning,
[21:45] AndrewRT: sorry, didn't mean to post that
[21:45] AndrewRT:    
[21:45] AndrewRT: that's it! 
[21:45] AndrewRT: three things left to approve:
[21:45] AndrewRT: a) 4 D Vulnerable people
[21:45] AndrewRT: b) Confilcts of interest policy
[21:45] AndrewRT: c) Child protection policy
[21:46] AndrewRT: on the last, I have approached teh NCVO and they are sending us some example policies
[21:46] AndrewRT: as soon as we reecive them we can work on our policy
[21:46] mpeel: AndrewRT: is there an eta for the NCVO documents?
[21:46] AndrewRT: aim is to approve all three at our next meeting
[21:46] AndrewRT: mpeel - unfortunately no
[21:46] AndrewRT: their website doesn't specify
[21:47] AndrewRT: I'll chase up tomorrow
[21:47] mpeel: anything that we want to discuss now?
[21:47] AndrewRT: general feeling before was to hold off sending the application off till the policies were in place
[21:47] AndrewRT: assuming that's still the case I suggest we leave further discussions to next meeting
[21:48] Seddon: has anyone approached the foundation with regards to legal stuff?
[21:48] AndrewRT: please could everyone have a look at
[21:48] AndrewRT: and
[21:48] AndrewRT: before next meeting so we are in a position to approve
[21:48] skenmy: Can do.
[21:49] mpeel: will do
[21:49] AndrewRT: thx
[21:49] mpeel: >Seddon: has anyone approached the foundation with regards to legal stuff?
[21:49] AndrewRT: thats' my action
[21:49] AndrewRT: foundation have agreed to fund
[21:49] AndrewRT: the main action is engaging a lawyer
[21:49] AndrewRT: and getting a quote
[21:50] AndrewRT: which I'll try to do ASAP
[21:50] AndrewRT: I've got some leads from cfp on this
[21:50] AndrewRT: does that answer Seddon?
[21:50] Seddon: very much so 
[21:50] Seddon: ty
[21:50] mpeel: Thanks AndrewRT. Shall we move on to 6. Initiatives ?
[21:50] AndrewRT: pls
[21:50] mpeel: #6.1 Workplace Learning Lunches (SV) -
[21:51] AndrewRT: can i just say something generally first on initiatives?
[21:51] AndrewRT: mpeel?
[21:51] mpeel: AndrewRT: sure
[21:51] AndrewRT: thx
[21:51] AndrewRT: under
[21:51] AndrewRT: we said that by the end of August
[21:51] AndrewRT: (this is the last mtg in August!)
[21:51] SteveV: never realistic
[21:51] AndrewRT: we would:
[21:51] AndrewRT: "Establish a plan for each initiative including timetable, aim and outline costing"
[21:52] AndrewRT: SteveV - why?
[21:52] AndrewRT: is this still the plan, and if so how?
[21:52] SteveV: missed your subsequent posting - explaining what you meant
[21:53] SteveV: thought you meant ''done' by end of august
[21:53] AndrewRT:                          
[21:53] AndrewRT: no that we never the plan!
[21:53] AndrewRT: personally I still think it's acheivable to do these three things
[21:53] zeyi: we need to finish them by next AGM on 2010 April. if we can't have a plan... it would be quite unrealistic to finish...
[21:53] AndrewRT: does everyone agree it's still desirable?
[21:53] skenmy: Agreed
[21:54] skenmy: I think the schools project can have a timetable agreed by the end of August
[21:54] SteveV: It is still hard to do without buy in from Steve B - there is the block
[21:54] mpeel: yes, it's desirable - and should be possible to accomplish.
[21:54] AndrewRT: excellent!
[21:54] skenmy: even if it's just an "internal" agreement between involved members
[21:54] mpeel: timetable and aim should be obvious
[21:54] Seddon: SteveV, i reckon i can get enough people for Steve V to work with
[21:54] AndrewRT: plans can be changed of course, but I think it's always useful to have dates pencilled in
[21:54] Seddon: B
[21:54] mpeel: outline costing shouldn't need a lot of work, either
[21:54] Seddon: *
[21:54] Seddon: *
[21:54] SteveV: give me a fortnight to work on Steve B  put 'plan in for mid September'
[21:55] randmontoya joined the chat room.
[21:55] AndrewRT: a fortnight = end of August so that's ok then! 
[21:55] SteveV: Give me till mid Sept - he may well have holidays
[21:55] SteveV: we are approaching a Bank Holiday
[21:56] AndrewRT: SteveV - ok, that's fine by me
[21:56] AndrewRT: mpeel, thanks for letting me make the point - do you want to move to individual inits now?
[21:56] mpeel: ok, thanks AndrewRT
[21:56] mpeel: 6.1 Workplace Learning Lunches (SV) -
[21:57] mpeel: SteveV: anything to discuss?
[21:57] AndrewRT: I've done a bit of work on this
[21:57] AndrewRT: soliciting volunteers to present
[21:57] AndrewRT: as discussed last meeting
[21:57] AndrewRT: we now have enough people
[21:57] SteveV: You have
[21:57] AndrewRT: thing we need now is workplaces to go into
[21:57] mpeel: any luck with that? Currently only 4 people are listed on the initiatives page.
[21:57] AndrewRT: I've got one more person that's not listed
[21:58] AndrewRT: given the nature, that's all we really need to start the programme
[21:58] AndrewRT: what's delaying it now is getting workplaces signed up
[21:58] AndrewRT: hence why I'm chomping at the bit with teh BBC
[21:59] SteveV: fair comment
[21:59] AndrewRT: i also spoke to SteveV about other media companies who might be interested
[21:59] mpeel: what's the approach with finding other workplaces/groups?
[21:59] AndrewRT: SteveV - any idea for mpeel?
[21:59] SteveV: I have focussed on Beeb so far
[21:59] SteveV: And PRCA
[21:59] mpeel: PRCA?
[21:59] SteveV: Need to follow up on latter
[21:59] AndrewRT: mpeel - there was an email about it a few weeks ago
[22:00] SteveV: Public Relations Consultants Association
[22:00] AndrewRT: mpeel -
[22:00] SteveV: We have a supporter that speaks on social media for PRCA
[22:00] AndrewRT: second from bottom
[22:00] SteveV: who works at Ketchum PR
[22:00] mpeel: ah - thanks steve, andrew
[22:01] AndrewRT: SteveV - could we try to pencil in a basic timeline and budget before end of August?
[22:01] AndrewRT: or do you think we should delay to mid Sept?
[22:01] SteveV: we can try - but might hit same - mid Sept I'd prefer
[22:01] SteveV: more realistic
[22:02] mpeel: anything more with this?
[22:02] zeyi:  Steve-may i just ask the personal view from you: how much possibility do you think we can do this successfully as you work with BBC for a while
[22:02] AndrewRT: zeyi: successfully, you mean with BBC or with other companies?
[22:02] zeyi: I mean with BBC,
[22:02] SteveV: If Steve B is now serious about moving forward (you saw earlier mail) I cannot see why this cannot proceed
[22:03] Seddon: I am very positive with being successful with the bbc
[22:03] AndrewRT: surely it will need permission from higher up than steve?
[22:03] SteveV: The delay has been personal issues on his side - then same from me
[22:03] SteveV: yes - that's why he is starting the process
[22:03] AndrewRT: so therefore there is a chance that the person higher up will say no
[22:03] SteveV: albeit 6-8 weeks later than I expected
[22:03] AndrewRT: surely?
[22:04] SteveV: there is always a chance
[22:04] Seddon: ill give the digital revolution guy a ring and see if he is intersted and get support from the click guys and digital world guy, and get them all in touch with SteveB and SteveV
[22:04] AndrewRT: sounds like that would be useful
[22:04] zeyi: great, in this case, I am ok for delay the time a little bit to provide the plan.
[22:04] SteveV: but from what i understand the lunches are fairly 'open' and should not be a problem when he commits
[22:04] AndrewRT: ok thats good
[22:05] AndrewRT: anythign else to discuss on this one or move onto next init?
[22:05] SteveV: no
[22:05] mpeel: 6.2 Schools Project (skenmy) -
[22:05] skenmy: That's me!
[22:05] skenmy: Okay
[22:06] AndrewRT: you mentioned before the schools are now off till Sept
[22:06] skenmy: I have an email drafted that will be sent at the end of this meeting
[22:06] AndrewRT: excellent!
[22:06] AndrewRT: on?
[22:06] skenmy: It's the kickstart email to all members of the mailing list
[22:06] Seddon: yes, i think talking to schools and college first thing in sep would be good
[22:06] skenmy: hopefully giving people some direction
[22:06] skenmy: I chatted to Andrew last night
[22:06] AndrewRT: can we pencil in the timetable as discussed?
[22:07] skenmy: and raised the point that the schools are off - we probably won't get anything from schools until around the October Half Term
[22:07] skenmy: (Oct 23rd)
[22:07] Seddon: i reckon i could get something in my college almost as soon as term starts
[22:07] mpeel: does schools being off mean that teachers aren't doing any work? I would have assumed that they'd be starting to plan the next year's events around now.
[22:08] skenmy: No teachers are in schools right now
[22:08] skenmy: Are you insane!?
[22:08] skenmy: Teachers? Working the holiday!?!
[22:08] Seddon: im on very very good terms with my colleges high level staff
[22:08] mpeel: sorry: I'm used to researchers who also do teaching. 
[22:08] skenmy:                          
[22:08] skenmy: Most teachers come back right at the end of the holiday
[22:08] Seddon: i know the vice principles which is handy
[22:09] skenmy: So they are very busy through most of thwe first half term
[22:09] AndrewRT: they might be working, but may not be contactable
[22:09] AndrewRT: skenmy - you previously said have the first one in second half of term
[22:10] AndrewRT: do you still want to do that or do you want to go into Seddon's school sooner?
[22:10] skenmy: As soon as our materials are ready, I am ready to go in to any school
[22:10] Seddon: ok cool
[22:11] SteveV: you have one keen in wrexham now  
[22:11] skenmy: indeed
[22:11] skenmy: Primary school 
[22:11] Seddon: the wrexham one will be better for the people in the north and north west to cover
[22:12] Seddon: it would take me 7 hours to get there
[22:12] skenmy: 4 hours on a train here
[22:12] skenmy: £71  fare incompatible encoding
[22:12] AndrewRT: skenmy - you cant go into any school until CRB checks are all in place
[22:12] skenmy: but anyway, yes, that's my update!
[22:12] AndrewRT: and that could take months
[22:13] skenmy: I'm CRB checked. The company *can* accept that.
[22:13] skenmy: IIRC it's at our discretion
[22:13] skenmy: (because I could have committed an offence after the check)
[22:13] Seddon: I could cover my college without a CRB, as it would be one off
[22:13] mpeel: skenmy: am I right in remembering that you were going to send AndrewRT (as company secretary) proof of that?
[22:14] skenmy: Nothing was firmly set, was it? I certainly can send proof
[22:14] Seddon: yes, lets do that
[22:14] mpeel: assuming that it's a recent check, then it makes sense to go that way if we can.
[22:14] skenmy: It's approximately 1 year old
[22:14] AndrewRT: we need to be comfortable that everything is in place before the project starts
[22:16] mpeel: ok, anything further to discuss with this?
[22:16] skenmy: Nothing from me
[22:16] AndrewRT: sorry, skenmy are u ok to do a brief timetable and budget by end of month?
[22:16] skenmy: Certainly
[22:17] AndrewRT: excellent!
[22:17] AndrewRT: thanks
[22:17] zeyi: no from here, Skenmy-can I call you tomorrow to discuss?
[22:18] skenmy: sure - use my work number
[22:18] skenmy: i am unavailable in the evening
[22:18] mpeel: 6.3 Britain Loves Wikipedia (MP) -
[22:18] mpeel: I've mostly been holding fire with this on the basis of NPG, but will start to be more proactive in the near future.
[22:18] zeyi: ok, will do afternoon:)
[22:19] mpeel: One thing we need to decide is how geographically centralized this initiative will be - we should have it less centralized than just London, but do we want to focus on a few cities or have it open for any museum to be involved with if they want?
[22:19] mpeel: (That relates to the approach by the Post Office Museum and Archive)
[22:19] AndrewRT: mpeel - who should decide the project people or the Board?
[22:20] mpeel: well, at the moment the project people are a subset of the board
[22:20] mpeel: the volunteers are currently me, AndrewRT, cfp and zeyi
[22:20] mpeel: so count it as an open question. 
[22:20] zeyi: if outside of London, do we have some options already?
[22:21] mpeel: There are some leads that I could follow up in the Manchester area
[22:21] AndrewRT: the experience of Wikipedia Loves Art is interesting to draw on
[22:22] mpeel: AndrewRT: how so?
[22:22] AndrewRT: there, they had 15 museums with 6 in New York
[22:22] AndrewRT: the 6 museums in New York generated more photos than all others put together
[22:22] AndrewRT: and you have some teams that went from one museum to the next
[22:22] AndrewRT: I think you get that if you have museums in a small location
[22:22] mpeel: Wiki Loves Art in the Netherlands had 43 museums involved from around the country (if I remember the number right). I'm not sure what the overlap in people visiting those museums was, though.
[22:23] AndrewRT: i don't htink you'd get that if you had museums in Manc, Edinburgh, London etc
[22:23] AndrewRT: wowo 43 is impressive!
[22:23] AndrewRT: we were only plannign 8
[22:23] mpeel: but if we had more than 3 or so museums in each city, do you think that would work?
[22:24] AndrewRT: mpeel - yes i think it would
[22:24] mpeel: AndrewRT: - there's a list of museums down the right hand side
[22:25] AndrewRT: how many museums could we reasonably sign up?
[22:25] mpeel: I don't know - and won't have a feel for the success rate per museum until we get started
[22:25] mpeel: Aiming for 8, but being happy for it to go over 8, would be a good plan I guess.
[22:26] mpeel: trying to cluster them in the different locations
[22:26] Seddon: mpeel, you mentioned my idea?
[22:26] AndrewRT: so you're suggestion mpeel is UK-wide but clustered in certain locations rather than spread out
[22:27] mpeel: AndrewRT: yes
[22:27] mpeel: Seddon: no, want to say it?
[22:27] AndrewRT: Seddon?
[22:27] Seddon: Essentially, we have an openening event in London, get lots of museums there for the first day,
[22:28] Seddon: then for the subsequent weekends,
[22:28] Seddon: go to more local musuems
[22:28] Seddon: so we get the plus of both
[22:28] AndrewRT: more local = what?
[22:29] Seddon: well not london essentially
[22:29] AndrewRT: well, my experience is that londoners tend not to travel outside the M25!
[22:29] Seddon: well then then dont have to
[22:29] mpeel: that's OK - non-londoners rarely travel inside the M25. 
[22:29] Seddon:                          
[22:30] AndrewRT: so prob not many of people taking part in the london events would go to the "local" ones
[22:30] mpeel: AndrewRT: does that matter?
[22:30] AndrewRT: teh point of having an event covering more than one museum is you get synergies
[22:30] AndrewRT: people go to one, then they go to the second etc etc
[22:31] SteveV: andrewrt - I see the logic
[22:31] mpeel: AndrewRT: sure, but there doesn't need to be only one grouping.
[22:31] SteveV: small numbers of people taking photos - do more in a smaller space
[22:31] AndrewRT: i can see how it would work with clusters of museums
[22:31] AndrewRT: say 3 in Manchester, 5 in London
[22:31] SteveV: depends where our 'supporters' are massed
[22:32] SteveV: if we have enthusiasts in London which we do - london
[22:32] AndrewRT: but not say 1 in Manchester, 1 in Cardiff, 1 in Birmingham, 1 in Nottingham.... you get my point 
[22:32] mpeel: one issue with having a number of museums close to each other is that they won't have the same theme - one might be an art gallery, another a science museum, another a war museum.
[22:32] skenmy: Time, please, everyone 
[22:32] SteveV: if we have enthusiasts in Oxford - ditto
[22:32] AndrewRT: gd point skenmy
[22:32] AndrewRT: mpeel - how do you want to make a decision on this?
[22:33] mpeel: either offline discussion, or see what happens when I/we start approaching museums
[22:33] mpeel: I'll raise this for discussion on the mailing list.
[22:33] AndrewRT: but you dont need a decision now?
[22:33] mpeel: I can make it on my own if necessary... 
[22:33] SteveV: mailing list sounds gd idea
[22:34] AndrewRT: good, meanwhile, can you pencil in a timetable and budget?
[22:34] SteveV: then you'd see where interest was and in what towns
[22:34] mpeel: AndrewRT: will do before the next meeting.
[22:34] Seddon: what do we have left to do?
[22:34] AndrewRT: SteveV - that depends more on where teh interested museums are rather than where supporters are
[22:34] SteveV: bit of both
[22:34] mpeel: Seddon: this meeting? Blog, press release/AOB, and next meeting.
[22:34] AndrewRT: Seddon - sign up museums, get the upload interface working, advertising
[22:34] zeyi: Mpeel-can we have a plan by the end of this month?
[22:35] mpeel: zeyi: yes
[22:35] AndrewRT: sorry misunderstood Seddon!
[22:35] Seddon: sorry, though thats helpful anway andrewrt 
[22:35] AndrewRT: mpeel - shall we move on?
[22:35] AndrewRT: i think we're pretty much done Seddon
[22:35] mpeel: ok, let's move on. 7. Blog and Twitter -
[22:35] mpeel: is everyone happy with the blog as it's set up?
[22:35] AndrewRT: thanks mpeel
[22:35] skenmy: Board has receieved the twitter sign up mail.
[22:35] AndrewRT: looking good!
[22:35] skenmy: Blog looks great 
[22:36] mpeel: is everyone happy with the welcome blog post?
[22:36] mpeel: (for those with admin access)
[22:36] Seddon: yes
[22:36] mpeel: ooh - it has pictures. Thanks to whoever added those.
[22:36] skenmy: looks good to me!
[22:37] SteveV: seems ok
[22:37] AndrewRT: do we need to discuss anything more on this?
[22:37] AndrewRT: everyone - get writing! 
[22:37] mpeel: nope - just to note that everyone should send around blog posts to the board 24 hours before making them live
[22:38] Seddon: makes sense
[22:38] skenmy: Twitter can probably be used for the periodical "prod, here's what we are doing right now - get involved!" posts
[22:38] mpeel: the other thing to discuss here is Twitter - is everyone happy for us to start using the account that skenmy's opened?
[22:38] mpeel: + a matching one on
[22:38] skenmy: RT big wikimedia events
[22:39] AndrewRT: i dont twit myself
[22:39] SteveV: do we 'follow' anyone?
[22:39] AndrewRT: does anyone else?
[22:39] skenmy: I tweet
[22:39] mpeel: I'm also on twitter
[22:39] SteveV: I'd suggest fellow wikimedia related sites
[22:39] mpeel: I suggest we follow wikimedia twitterers + board members
[22:40] mpeel: by wikimedia twitterers - I mean like the signpost, and WMF board members, rather than individuals necessarily
[22:40] SteveV: and any organisation of interest (Dig Eng Team) as they pronounce on issues of interest to us
[22:40] AndrewRT: whose going to use it?
[22:40] Seddon: yes, fellow partners
[22:40] mpeel: I'm happy to add things to it
[22:40] skenmy: I'm happy to do periodical updates on it
[22:40] SteveV: me too
[22:40] skenmy: but I think any Board member should feel free to post
[22:41] AndrewRT: any approval process or just post away?
[22:41] skenmy: just keep it professional and we'll be fine
[22:41] mpeel: twitter and approval processes don't tend to work well
[22:41] AndrewRT: well no
[22:41] mpeel: so long as the posts are appropriate, then I'd say post away.
[22:42] AndrewRT: can we wrap up now as we're 12 mins over
[22:42] SteveV: what about links to stories and other interesting news
[22:42] SteveV: happy to wrap up
[22:42] AndrewRT: SteveV - thikn that's fine as long as we abserve "no lobbying" rule
[22:42] mpeel: SteveV: if UK-based, and wikipedia-related, then why not?
[22:42] mpeel: I have something I wan to raise under AOB...
[22:42] AndrewRT: (so dont post the Pirate Party UK launch for instance!!)
[22:43] Seddon: yes, that shot the OKF in the foot
[22:43] AndrewRT: huh?
[22:43] mpeel: sorry - two AOB points.
[22:43] AndrewRT: fire away
[22:44] mpeel: first is - the 5 million media files on Commons milestone is coming up soon.
[22:44] Seddon: basically the OKF has done alot of government lobbying in the past, and they feel its sort of hurt thier charity status chances
[22:44] mpeel: I think that a press release from us, tied in to Wiki Loves Art and Britain Loves Art, would be a good plan.
[22:44] AndrewRT: sounds like good oppo for a press release!
[22:44] Seddon: not sure how
[22:44] Seddon: need to talk to them
[22:44] mpeel: we have about 15 days to prepare
[22:44] mpeel: ... rather than the -2 days for the wikipedia 3 million milestone.
[22:44] AndrewRT: mpeel, SteveV, you ok to do this press release?
[22:44] SteveV: brief me and yes
[22:45] SteveV: base on the two earlier ideas 'adapted' for this milestone
[22:45] mpeel: yes
[22:45] mpeel: me and steve will prepare by email, cc'ing the board, I guess
[22:46] SteveV: ok
[22:46] mpeel: second item was newsletter - is everyone happy for the version at to go out?
[22:46] AndrewRT: yes please
[22:46] zeyi: ok for me
[22:47] mpeel: I'll circulate it on-wiki tomorrow evening - so please make any last minute changes before then.
[22:47] SteveV: ok
[22:47] mpeel: skenmy: are you happy to email it around?
[22:47] skenmy: fine here!
[22:47] skenmy: and yes
[22:47] skenmy: no problem - will be Thursday morning
[22:47] mpeel: thanks skenmy
[22:47] mpeel: that's all the AOB from me. Does anyone else have any?
[22:47] SteveV: no
[22:47] Seddon: yes
[22:48] mpeel: Seddon: go on
[22:48] Seddon: mpeel, V&A
[22:48] mpeel: ah yes
[22:48] Seddon: (sorry for keeping you all)
[22:48] mpeel: I'll be in london on friday
[22:48] mpeel: andrew's going to get in touch with the V&A, to see if they're interested in BLW and want a meeting on friday
[22:48] mpeel: Seddon was also interested in coming to that meeting, if it happens, I believe
[22:49] Seddon: yes to start discussion on GLAMWIKI
[22:49] Seddon: for the UK
[22:49] Seddon: I wanted to get clearance for claiming costs
[22:50] AndrewRT: do we have funds?
[22:50] AndrewRT: or do you want to cliam it out of the Bid funds?
[22:50] Seddon: well i would imagine it comes under the content generation fund
[22:50] AndrewRT: gives £1,000 for "content access" which isn't used
[22:51] AndrewRT: content generation = taking photos
[22:51] AndrewRT: content access = releasing archives
[22:51] Seddon: ahhhhh
[22:51] AndrewRT: wouldn't GLAM-WIKI fall more under the latter?
[22:51] Seddon: well content access i imagine
[22:51] AndrewRT: great - leaves the Britain Loves Wikipedia funds in tact!
[22:51] Seddon: ok cool
[22:52] AndrewRT: I'm happy that we authorise it out of content access funds - others agree?
[22:52] mpeel: My intention was to not claim for travel (I spent £60 on a train ticket yesterday), as I'm not sure what it would fall under (being primarily for science online london)
[22:52] zeyi: agree
[22:52] mpeel: AndrewRT: I'm happy with that, if the V&A meeting happens.
[22:52] AndrewRT: mpeel: "Attending free content conferences" has £500
[22:53] KTC left the chat room. ("Leaving")
[22:53] mpeel: it's not a free content conference, though
[22:54] AndrewRT: well it seems everyone is happy with seddon claiming
[22:54] mpeel: ok, time and date of next meeting
[22:54] AndrewRT: is the AOB?
[22:54] mpeel: assuming there's no more AOB?
[22:54] AndrewRT: 1st Sep?
[22:54] mpeel: next meeting on the 1st September, 8.30pm?
[22:55] AndrewRT: fine by me
[22:55] skenmy: fine here
[22:55] skenmy: SteveV, what's your twitter account?
[22:55] mpeel: please say that you'll be attending on the minutes earlier, rather than later, just in case we need to rearrange a meeting due to lack of quorum.
[22:55] skenmy: can do, mpeel 
[22:56] AndrewRT: presume u mean agenda 
[22:56] mpeel: yes, sorry - agenda. 
[22:56] SteveV: scv1
[22:56] mpeel: AndrewRT: Seddon: Please email your proposed blog posts around to the board, so that they can go live in the next few days.
[22:56] SteveV: been a bit quiet lately
[22:57] AndrewRT: ok
[22:57] Seddon: doing so now
[22:57] mpeel: everyone else: please start writing some. 
[22:58] mpeel: ok, that's all for this evening. Thanks all for coming!
[22:58] mpeel: <end>
[22:58] SteveV: bye
[22:58] AndrewRT: cheers all
[22:58] zeyi: thanks. bye
[22:58] skenmy: night all!
[22:58] SteveV left the chat room. ("Page closed")
[22:58] skenmy: <gone>
[22:59] zeyi left the chat room.


-- Restored logs by User:Skenmy
Aug 18 20:25:18 <Seddon>	im here
Aug 18 20:25:26 <AndrewRT>	hi Seddon
Aug 18 20:25:27 <Seddon>	just had to dash to get some fish and chips
Aug 18 20:29:09 <skenmy>	back in two ticks - just getting a drink and some sustinence!
Aug 18 20:37:30 <mpeel>	meeting has started in #wikimedia-uk-board
Aug 18 20:41:03 <Tango42>	The situation has changed since the trademarks action was created
Aug 18 20:41:12 <Tango42>	It was intended to be a temporary solution, that won't be the case any more
Aug 18 20:41:29 <AndrewRT>	no, we still need it afaik
Aug 18 20:42:00 <AndrewRT>	speaking to the Foundation, they're happy to give us permission but want some emails exchanged setting out the basis
Aug 18 20:42:57 <Tango42>	we need something, but this probably isn't the answer
Aug 18 20:43:24 <Tango42>	it was a good temporary solution, but we need something more for the long term
Aug 18 20:43:35 <mpeel>	Tango42: it may not be the prefect answer, but it is a practical way to go about starting to have membership merchandise
Aug 18 20:44:10 <Tango42>	My suggestion is to push for us signing the previous version of the chapters agreement - the one with all the trademarks built in and that most of the chapters have (or have minor variations to)
Aug 18 20:45:04 <Tango42>	If we go for a temporary solution now it will be more difficult to get a better permanent solution
Aug 18 20:45:10 <AndrewRT>	I'm not familiar with that one - have you got a copy anywhere?
Aug 18 20:45:29 <Tango42>	it's in the revision history of the one on the wmf wiki
Aug 18 20:45:37 <AndrewRT>	ok cheers I'll take a look
Aug 18 20:45:44 <AndrewRT>	it's all a bit messy atm
Aug 18 20:45:47 <mpeel>	AndrewRT: it's also on the chapters wiki
Aug 18 20:45:58 <AndrewRT>	presume you say the email from the WMF?
Aug 18 20:46:20 <Tango42>
Aug 18 20:46:40 <Tango42>	Yes, that's what I'm talking about.
Aug 18 20:47:08 <AndrewRT>	"5.2. The Foundation hereby authorizes the Chapter to utilize these additional marks free of any payment or royalties, solely for their own use in publicity, fundraising, media relations and management."
Aug 18 20:47:14 <AndrewRT>	that would be nice!
Aug 18 20:47:38 <Tango42>	Yeah, all the chapters that have that agreement seem to be happy with it, from what I can tell
Aug 18 20:48:41 <Tango42>	and the WMF has decided to stick with that agreement for them, so why can't they have it with us as well?
Aug 18 20:48:52 <Tango42>	I think we have a strong argument for getting that agreement
Aug 18 20:49:22 <AndrewRT>	dont suppose we know which chapters have that agreement and which have a newer one?
Aug 18 20:49:47 <Seddon>	Tango42: all future signings of the current chapters agreement neccesitate a seperate trademark agreement
Aug 18 20:49:48 <Tango42>	I think we were the first to have the new one, so us and any that came after us have it
Aug 18 20:50:09 <Tango42>	what do you mean by "current"?
Aug 18 20:50:12 <Tango42>	The one we signed?
Aug 18 20:50:18 <AndrewRT>	oh i see, so loads of chapters have that clause
Aug 18 20:50:26 <Seddon>	yes, its been slightly modified
Aug 18 20:50:33 <Seddon>	it doesnt affect us now
Aug 18 20:50:40 <Seddon>	but will in the future
Aug 18 20:50:47 <Tango42>	I'm sorry, Seddon, you aren't making sense
Aug 18 20:50:58 <Tango42>	Which agreement are you talking about?
Aug 18 20:51:03 <Seddon>	the one we have now
Aug 18 20:51:13 <Tango42>	that one certainly affects us...
Aug 18 20:51:20 <Seddon>	it affects all chapters
Aug 18 20:51:27 <Tango42>	no, most chapters have a different agreement
Aug 18 20:52:03 <Seddon>	ahhh well there is another modifie d version
Aug 18 20:52:17 <Seddon>	of the one we have
Aug 18 20:53:18 <Tango42>	yeah, there are so many versions, that is why I asked you to clarify!
Aug 18 20:53:26 <--	mpeel has quit (Remote closed the connection)
Aug 18 20:53:34 -->	mpeel (n=mpeel@wikipedia/Mike-Peel) has joined #wikimedia-uk
Aug 18 20:53:35 *	ChanServ gives voice to mpeel
-- End Restored logs by User:Skenmy
[20:54] Seddon: Tango42, im behind on what versions there are 
[20:54] Tango42: so, there is a modified version of the one we have in addition to the whole new agreement that was universally rejected and the WMF decided not to fight for?
[20:54] Seddon: yes
[20:55] Tango42: I think that is news to me...
[20:55] Tango42: where is it?
[20:55] Tango42: have any chapters signed it?
[20:55] Seddon: on internal
[20:55] Seddon: i dont think so
[20:55] mpeel: that's the modified version that we signed, isn't it?
[20:55] mpeel: the only iteration since then was the whole new agreement
[20:55] Tango42: mpeel, that was my understandig
[20:58] • Tango42 thinks the cabal needs to get the hang of holding secret meetings...
[20:59] mpeel: Tango42: you want us to be good at holding secret meetings? 
[20:59] Tango42: I don't think you are even worth shouting about!
[20:59] Tango42: Yes, you're just wasting time by being bad at it
[21:00] AndrewRT: think it's one of the first ones for zeyi & steve
[21:01] Seddon: and moi
[21:03] Tango42: So, did we work out how many versions of the chapters agreement there are?
[21:03] Tango42: Is there one between ours and the rejected one that I somehow missed?
[21:04] Seddon: no
[21:04] Seddon: well there is ours
[21:04] Tango42: AndrewRT: Does "majority decision" mean it wasn't unanimous?
[21:04] AndrewRT: yes
[21:04] • Tango42 is intrigued
[21:04] Seddon: i abstained
[21:06] AndrewRT: care to expand Seddon?
[21:06] Seddon: ill chat with tango later if he likes 
[21:08] Tango42: ok, back to chapters agreements.
[21:08] Tango42: God knows how many there are, but I don't think it matters
[21:09] Tango42: What are people's views on my suggestion of trying to get us the one before ours?
[21:09] Tango42:    
[21:09] Tango42: That one
[21:11] Seddon: let me find the email
[21:11] AndrewRT: dont have the diff do you?
[21:12] Tango42: the diff between ours and that one? Click "(diff)" at the top of that page next to "current revision".
[21:12] AndrewRT: ah right
[21:12] Tango42: Seddon: What email?
[21:13] Seddon: ahhh yes
[21:13] Seddon: sorry yes the diff is there
[21:13] Seddon: Tango42, delphine sent an email querying the change by mike
[21:14] Tango42: Basically the WMF wants more control over their trademarks
[21:14] Seddon: yes, yet more control by the WMF
[21:15] KTC joined the chat room.
[21:17] Tango42: but the email saying they aren't going to fight for the new agreement suggests they've decided the one most chapters currently have isn't all that bad really, so why would they object to us having it?
[21:21] Reedy_ joined the chat room.
[21:22] KTC left the chat room. ("Leaving")
[21:30] KTC joined the chat room.
[21:32] Tango42: Seddon: I researched CRBs ages ago and I thought charities could get them for free or near free (£5 admin fee, or something)
[21:32] Seddon: i thought that too, but i need to find an unbrella organisation we go to
[21:33] Seddon: i cant find anything of us getting it free directly
[21:33] Tango42: i'll try and repeat my research...
[21:33] KTC: if u want it free/cheap, u need to do it through someone rather than direct
[21:34] KTC: afai can remember
[21:34] Seddon: thanx Tango42, ill talk to you later about it tonight as well
[21:34] Tango42: yes, that's what I remember KTC, there are general bodies that do it for any charity at cost price or something
[21:35] Reedy left the chat room. (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
[21:36] Tango42: says:
[21:36] Tango42: "If you are a volunteer, the CRB will issue the check free-of-charge, your employer will be able to tell you whether the post meets the CRB's definition of a volunteer."
[21:36] mpeel: Tango42: do the umbrella organizations also offer that, though?
[21:37] Tango42: I'm still working that out
[21:44] Reedy_ is now known as Reedy.
[21:46] KTC: NCVO = ?
[21:46] KTC: (can't open browser to search atm)
[21:47] mpeel: NCVO - The National Council for Voluntary Organisations
[21:48] KTC: ty 
[21:48] AndrewRT:    
[21:48] • KTC slap AndrewRT
[21:48] KTC: i said i can't open browser atm 
[21:48] KTC: but ty
[21:48] mpeel: KTC: get a better browser, that actually works? 
[21:49] AndrewRT: ah
[21:49] KTC: lol, i reformatted the computer, is installing updates that conflicts with having browser opened
[21:49] mpeel: ah. 
[22:09] • KTC get reader for skenmy to be killed by teachers
[22:09] skenmy: I work with 250 of them. Bring it on.
[22:09] • skenmy hovers over the "delete" button on their user areas
[22:09] Tango42: In my experience, teachers generally do a week or two's work during the summer, but it is up to them when they do it
[22:10] Tango42: although that is primary school - secondary school teachers don't do as much work, from what I can tell
[22:13] KTC: and it's ur own college lol
[22:14] Seddon: indeed 
[22:14] Seddon: well former
[22:14] Seddon: i finished last year
[22:14] Tango42: If memory serves, CRB checks are only required if you go into schools once a month or more, as long as we keep individuals from doing too many of these before the crbs, we should be fine
[22:20] KTC: target a few cities, but don't say no to volunteer museum
[22:20] mpeel: KTC: any views on which cities?
[22:21] KTC: the obvious choice would be pick depending on ur volunteers
[22:21] KTC: alternatively, either pick big cities
[22:21] KTC: or cities with lots of museums
[22:23] Tango42: Do we have a culture capital of the country for the year or anything?
[22:24] mpeel: the european one is currently in vilnius
[22:24] mpeel: (that's what liverpool was last year)
[22:26] Tango42: there isn't a UK one?
[22:27] mpeel: Tango42: not afaik. See
[22:29] KTC: lol
[22:35] GDonato_ is now known as GDonato.
[22:40] KTC: ahhhhhh Twitter, die die die!!!
[22:40] KTC:                          
[22:40] AndrewRT: take it you're not a fan?
[22:41] KTC: doesn't actually dislike it or anything. just information overload
[22:41] AndrewRT: yeah I've never got into it myself
[22:41] KTC: and i use information lightly in regards to twitter 
[22:43] Tango42: Twitter is good for drawing attention to blog posts
[22:43] mpeel: blog post is now live btw -
[22:43] Tango42: Tweet a link to the post
[22:44] Tango42: "United Kin gdom"
[22:44] Tango42: Kingdom wasn't two words when I was at school!
[22:45] AndrewRT: oops
[22:45] mpeel: fixing
[22:45] KTC: hey pluto was a planet when i was at school, what difference does that make? 
[22:45] mpeel: fixed
[22:49] Tango42: so, what is our twitter account? I'll tweet a link to it and the blog
[22:49] Tango42: I have quite a few wikimedians following me
[22:49] Tango42: should help it spread
[22:50] mpeel: @wikimediauk
[22:50] Tango42: predictable!
[22:50] mpeel: I've just sent a twitter about it - @mike_peel
[22:53] KTC left the chat room. ("Leaving")
[22:53] mpeel: hmm - twitterers are appearing, e.g. @skenmy. 
[22:53] skenmy: I'm going to follow all board members and wikimedia-related twitter accounts (i.e. @en_wikinews)
[22:54] mpeel: we just got an email to wmfcc-l about the blog and twitter account thanks to david