Meetings/2010-03-02/Agenda/Chair's Report

From Wikimedia UK
Jump to navigation Jump to search
  • MP to investigate moving our wiki at to subject to technical feasibility re Single User Logins and hosting, with as a potential alternative. Once this has been completed, MP to follow up with Wikimedia Ukraine regarding the "uk." website conflict.Symbol wait.svg Doing...
  • MP agreed to investigate moving our OTRS system to one hosted by ourselves to reduce the risk that confidential emails are inappropriately viewed by non-WMUK people or emails are sent in the name of the chapter without approval.Go-next-red.svg Carried forward (not high priority)
  • MP agreed to follow up with the foundation his request for detailed statistics on the proportion of UK internet users who use Wikipedia Symbol wait.svg Doing... see below
  • MP will send out the agreed wikinews press release when the story next flares up (Sunday evening was suggested as generally a good time) Go-next-red.svg Carried forward
  • MP volunteered to follow up the photo donation opportunity Symbol wait.svg Doing...
  • JS and MP will do a timeline and budget for GLAM-WIKI Go-next-red.svg Carried forward
  • Mike to ask someone from MLA/V&A to be on the jury for Britain Loves Wikipedia Yes check.svg Done (Nadia Arbach)
  • Mike to update BLW prizes to include a Wikimedia branded T-shirt (budget £50) Go-next-red.svg Carried forward
  • Agreed to sign the Public Domain Manifesto following ddiscussion on the email list. MP will arrange to sign on our behalf Symbol wait.svg Doing... (email sent)
  • The Collections Trust is arranged a meeting on 22 February about Linked Data - MP agreed to attend. Yes check.svg Done
Press coverage
  • 16/02/2010 - Was interviewed by Radiolive in New Zealand (the overnight show for Ewing Stevens) on Wikipedia in general.
Britain Loves Wikipedia
Comscore information Dialog ballons icon.svg Discuss

Useful things would include:

  • Reach within the UK of, and unique visits from UK people to, the various projects (we already know for en.wp, but not for other projects)
    • Languages: English, Welsh, Gaelic, ...
  • Anything else?
  • Received an invitation to "The Social Media Reality Check" on 4 March in London; anyone interested in going? Dialog ballons icon.svg Discuss
  • Meeting "Juice Digital" (representing the Liverpool Biennial) on the afternoon of Thursday 4 March to discuss the possibility of doing a "Wiki Takes Liverpool" event
Other things to do
  • Bioblitz proposal - revamp