Microgrants/Wrecks on Doom Bar
The Doom Bar is a bank of sand in the Camel Estuary in Cornwall. I've spent a fair amount of time working on the article, trying to get it up to featured status. One of the books I checked when I first wrote the article though gives some detailed information about the ships that were wrecked there, but I'm having difficulty getting hold of that book.
Brain French: Wrecks and Rescues Around Padstow's Doom Bar - £23 on Amazon
I believe the main article should be put in to the Featured Article process within three months. A list article listing the wrecks on the bar should be available within the following 6 months, and hopefully submitted to the Featured List Criteria by the end of the year
- Expected outcomes
- w:en:Doom Bar should be able to get to Featured Article status
- w:en:List of wrecks on the Doom Bar should be created and reach Featured List status.
- Who I am
I'm Dave Craven, or w:en:Worm That Turned. I'm currently based in the North West UK and regularly attend Wiki-meetups in both Liverpool and Manchester. I'm a member of WMUK and active on the English Wikipedia, have a look at my userpage for more info. I grew up primarily in the South West of UK, where I use to enjoy the local beers. Doom Bar was one of my favourites in the 90s (before it went corporate) and piqued my interest in the name.
- At first glance, this seems excellent. I'll wait a day or so for any objections. I have one questions: would you be able to report on this after three months in the form of something we could use for our member newsletter? ie, a bit of prose etc? Richard Symonds (WMUK) (talk) 15:20, 22 January 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Dave, thanks for submitting this microgrant. I'm happy to approve it. Please liaise with Richard about purchasing the book - you can either buy it directly and claim back for it, or the office can order it directly for you. Thanks. Mike Peel (talk) 19:30, 22 January 2013 (UTC)
- A bit of good news - Doom Bar promoted to Featured Status WormTT(talk) 12:08, 23 April 2013 (UTC)
- Featured article of the day today! WormTT(talk) 10:45, 8 May 2014 (BST)
This grant is now closed, with the book left with WormTT as they are most likely to use the books in the future. Should the attempt at FL be resumed, the grant page can be reopened. Thank you to WormTT for the excellent work in getting en:Doom Bar to Featured status. Richard Nevell (WMUK) (talk) 13:53, 9 July 2015 (BST)