Wikipedia Takes Coventry/Upload
|Departure and arrival|
|When||Sat. 1 September 2012|
|Where||Herbert Art Gallery and Museum, Coventry
An uploading tool has been created for "Wikipedia Takes Your City" events in order to help compile scores and upload the images themselves.
All the targets have been entered beforehand by the organisers and the participants only have to link their pictures with the corresponding target in order to automatically compile the score, name and categorise the files, show the appropriate license, etc. This is a simple and efficient tool to manage uploading at the end of the photographic hunt.
Step 1: Connect to the tool[edit | edit source]
- Go to the upload tool. If you started uploading during the event, go to http://toolserver.org/~contests/teamlogin.php?event=17 and fill it in with the same details as you did the first time. If you didn't just fill in the form.
- Click on "Wikipedia Takes Coventry"
Step 2: Upload your photos[edit | edit source]
- Click on "Upload Your Photos"
- Fill the required info:
- Team name
- Credits photos to: Used to credit photos to your name, this is optional, you can separate different names by a comma
- Preferred license: Your preferred license for Wikimedia Commons, three options: Attribution (CC-BY), Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) and Public Domain (see Creative Commons licenses for more details). CC-BY-SA is recommended since it's the most restrictive one and compatible with Wikimedia projects (More information)
- Click on "Submit"
- Select the photos you're uploading (you can click one, hold down shift and then use the arrows on the keyboard to select them)
- Fill in the details in the boxes on the page