- AT to ask about Ian Hawkins filming the AGM on the email list and with OKFN and to ask Ian Hawkins if we could have a copyright-free copy of his filming.
- AT agreed to write up a proposed Initiative to support the Celtic League project and to update the Celtic League.
- AT will develop a proposal for a projector
- AT agreed to approach 9 Stone Buildings for a quote for our fundraising agreement Cancelled - see later, quote obtained from Fraser Brown
- Minutes of meetings on 30 October and 3 November are still outstanding
- AT will respond to the two Wikipedia complaints received
- AT will post a copy of "Wikipedia for Schools" to JS Done
- AT will forward the four cheques he has received in the post to TH
- AT to forward the invitation to the launch of the Wildscreen ARKive 2010 project to JS Done
- AT to forward forward proof of his and MP's ID and address to Fraser Brown Done
- AT to obtain quotes for Trustee Indemnity and Public Liability insurance
- AT agreed to contact WMDE to get more details of what a Toolserver donation would be spent on Done (no response as yet)
- Andrew to request a quote from our solicitors for help with the Chapter Fundraising Agreement. Done (see later)
- Andrew to be WMUK representative on jury for Britain Loves Wikipedia
- AT agreed to start a wiki page for a response to the Ordinance Survey consultation on releasing data.
- AT agreed to email round a summary of the changes to the Child Protection Policy for an email decision.
- AT agreed to email the mailing list asking for volunteers to do telling for the election. Done - two volunteers (one only if a Sunday). Discuss
- AT agreed to do a timeline for the election.
- AT agreed to email the mailing list encouraging people to submit motions for the AGM.
- AT, TD, SV agreed to compile content for the report by the end of February at Meetings/2010 AGM/Board's Report. TD and SV agreed to assist.
- AT agreed to approach a colleague to see if he would act as a Independent Reviewer. ACTION: AT Done - will send details by email
- AT agreed to chase the Charity Commission's response. ACTION: AT Done - see below
Summary[edit | edit source]
I exchanged various emails with our solicitors, which have been forwarded to the board. They have been in touch with the Charity Commission lawyers who have asked for another fortnight to agree their initial response. An outright rejection is considered to be highly unlikley, rather the Charity Commission will work with us to ensure our activities and constitution are appropriate for a charity. Any changes to our constitution are unlikely to be agreed in time for the April AGM, so it looks like we should be thinking in terms of an autumn EGM to consider and approve changes.
Fraser Brown have given a quote for advising us on the Fundraiser Agreement - following email discussion I will ask for a capped or fixed quote instead.
I contacted the Charities Aid Foundation regarding their letter - despite the wording of the letter, this was sparked by a client of theirs who wanted to make a donation through them. I explained our current situation regarding charity status.