Wikidata training 2013
Wikidata is a free collaboratively edited knowledge base project operated by the Wikimedia Foundation. The aim of the day was for interested Wikimedians to find out more about what Wikidata is, how to edit Wikidata, and how to use the content in the other Wikimedia wikis.
- Date: Saturday 28 September 2013, time 10:30am-3:30pm
- Venue: Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT
- Participants: Anyone was welcome, Wikimedia projects editing experience preferable
- Contacts: Any questions? Please contact Katie Chan on katie.chanwikimedia.org.uk 020 7065 0990
The event was led by Addshore, who is part of the Wikidata development team. As a volunteer, he is an administrator on the project. The topics covered were the basic terms used on Wikidata, basic use of Wikidata, the community and processes that are in place, current features, and future planned features.
The capacity of the event was 12.
- MartinPoulter (talk) I'll be there a few minutes after 10.30, but I know Wikidata's purpose and I already know a lot of people at the workshop, so hopefully my induction can be expedited.
- Julia W (talk)
- John Cummings
- Daria Cybulska (WMUK) (talk)
- Edwardx (talk) 12:52, 3 September 2013 (UTC) I will need to borrow a laptop please.
- RexxS (talk)
- Harry Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts?
- Filceolaire (talk)
- Natbrown (talk) 20:32, 6 September 2013 (UTC)
- I doubt I can make it into to London for this event. Perhaps a repeat event could be scheduled elsewhere in the UK? Thanks. Mike Peel (talk) 22:50, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
- Not available that weekend, but would be interested in future. Jonathan Cardy (WMUK) (talk) 11:33, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
- I can't make it to this event but definitely interested in a future session. Stevie Benton (WMUK) (talk) 10:57, 25 September 2013 (UTC)
- Due to family issues I can no longer make this. I would definitely be interested in a repeat event though. Thryduulf (local talk) (en.wp talk) 16:31, 26 September 2013 (UTC)
- Laptops and refreshments available
Feedback from the event is available here.