The Education Committee of WMUK has been meeting by phone during 2013 (see Category:Education Committee meetings). It also carries on discussion and clearing-house functions on its mailing list.
Under its Charter, the Committee combines trustees, WMUK staff and volunteers. Currently its membership is:
- Simon Knight - board liaison
- Stevie Benton
- John Cummings
- Daria Cybulska
- Charles Matthews
- Martin Poulter
- Padmini Ray Murray
- Fabian Tompsett
- Toni Sant
Matters in hand[edit | edit source]
These are notes on current discussions.
Training and its management[edit | edit source]
- Metrics and the WMF view (Training metrics)
- Training for Trainers and ongoing review
- WMUK handling of training
- Proposal to pay trainers
- Proposal to spin out the handling of training
EduWiki conference[edit | edit source]
Education outreach[edit | edit source]
- Student societies
- Developing working relationship with NUS
VLE[edit | edit source]
- Virtual Learning Environment
- Upgrade and configuration of new system for the WMUK VLE
- Upgrade of graphical design and new skin
- Proposed workshop
JISC[edit | edit source]
Mozilla[edit | edit source]
Committee's role[edit | edit source]
- Update of Charter
Past Board discussion[edit | edit source]
From Minutes 30Jun12:
- DECISION: It was agreed that there will be GLAM and education sub-committees, the creation of which will be led by Fæ and Doug respectively. The leaders are to come back to the board at the next meeting with a charter describing the committees, initial membership, and (if appropriate) budget outlines, for formal board approval.
From Minutes 26Jul12 subsection Education Subcommittee:
- DT has set up a sub-committee. Stevie Benton, John Byrne, Joscelyn, Doug, Martin Poulter, Charles Matthews, and User:Leutha.
Mention in Minutes 8Sep12/Strategy day, under Hoped-for Outcomes, Others:
- Place education outreach in a central position in future plans
From Minutes 8Jun13b
- DECISION: SC to be board liaison for the education committee, replacing DT.
Caveat on delegation[edit | edit source]
The Education Committee is not covered by the terms of delegation in the Articles (see Articles of Association/2013 EGM revision#Delegation of Directors' powers) because it does not consist solely of Directors. Its role is advisory.